MegaDJ v2.59 [MM3+4] 2012: Better compatibility + time fix

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

twinbee

Re: MegaDJ v2.51 [MM3] - (2009-08-30) (weighting filter bug fix)

Post by twinbee » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:36 pm

All the MegaDJ nodes are stored in the MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\MegaDJ folder. Backup that for peace of mind :) You may want to backup the MegaDJ.vbs file just outside too (though that's just the program file which is stored online).
MegaDJ v2 - Lightning fast and easy to use search to replace the standard AutoPlaylist. Features include random jukebox style playlists, along with syncing, weighting options, and logic complete querying.

Arch'tM

Post by Arch'tM » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:55 pm

Im just amazed at this program.. I think this fits what I was looking for before so was well worth the donation.. Have always been meaning to try it, but the math calculations intimidated me.. Had to devote a whole night to try and understand what makes this program work.. I'd appreciate a few more examples though..:P Wanna see how other people use this. was looking around for a post like "Collection of most useful/wanted filters/queries" hehe..

Im having trouble with using the rating system on mine though.. Am wondering if its because I have been using Autorate Accurate for my ratings. When I typed in Rating=5 it only lists those that I have manually rated (which isnt much). Would anyone happen to know a workaround to this? or was I doing it wrong..

Also, am trying to figure out a DJ list to play songs that havent been heard of in a while but if a song has a high enough rating, it will squeeze it into the list and bump it up higher on the playlist. It would be great if its also biased towards playing newer songs more compared to old ones (playing 2009 songs more than 2008, 2008 more than 2007 and so on) Does that sound impossible to do?
Hope someone can help.. Thank you!

twinbee

Post by twinbee » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:28 pm

Hi and thanks!

To achieve your desired playlist, you may want to try something like this in the math filter (don't forget to set math filter type to random).

(rating+1) * lastplayedage * 1.5^((Year-20090000)/10000)

The +1 is in the rating bit so so that 0 star tracks still have a chance of getting in. The lastplayedage variable is simple the number of days since it was last played. You may want to try putting ^0.5 or ^2 next to (rating+1) or lastplayedage, so that there isn't so much bias towards old tracks / higher ratings.

You may want to tweak the 1.5 number etc. Let me know if you want the formula tweaking further.

***EDIT*** Deleted sentence about ratings, because MDJ can handle all internal ratings when used appropriately.
Last edited by twinbee on Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MegaDJ v2 - Lightning fast and easy to use search to replace the standard AutoPlaylist. Features include random jukebox style playlists, along with syncing, weighting options, and logic complete querying.

Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:58 am

Hi twinbee,
just sent you a PM with more details on the problem.

I'm sure the proplem can be solved. :)

Big_Berny
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design

twinbee

Post by twinbee » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:26 pm

Okay, cheers guys. For anyone who uses AutoRateAccurate and would like to use it in conjunction with MegaDJ, then one can use the following queries for ratings:

For 5 star, one can use this:
rating>4.5

For 4.5 star, one can use this:
rating>4.25 & rating<=4.75

For 4 star, one can use this:
rating>3.75 & rating<=4.25

For 3.5 star, one can use this:
rating>3.25 & rating<=3.75

For 3 star, one can use this:
rating>2.75 & rating<=3.25

etc. etc. etc.

It's a little bit cumbersome, but it works. No need to redownload - all MDJ versions are supported. I'll eventually add a new operator such as '~' to make MegaDJ ratings easier to use with AutoRateAccurate.

rogerr

Post by rogerr » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:04 pm

Windows 7 with the latest MM build 1292, I'm getting the following error when I exit MM:

Error $424 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Object required: 'SBD.MainTree.CurrentNode'
File: "C:......\Scripts\AUto\Megadj.vbs" Line 999, Column: 1

followed by another Error:
"Error executing script event."

PaT2090

Post by PaT2090 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:41 pm

Hey guys,

I was told this addon might help me build a playlist which plays each artist in my library once (before moving onto the next artist). I was wondering what kind of query I'd have to set up to achieve that, if at all possible.

Thanks in advance,
Patrick.

twinbee

Post by twinbee » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:40 pm

Hi Patrick, currently, this isn't really possible unless you create a lot of nodes, and assign each artist to each node, and then rotate between them. You're not the first to ask this, so I'll see if I can prioritize this for later releases.

On a more general note, I've recently bought a laptop with Windows 7 HP, so at last I can sort out any potential bugs with this version.

cheek

Post by cheek » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:58 pm

Just installed megaDJ; looks awesome. How have i never seen this addon before? Nice alternative/compliment to MagicNodes.

I am having trouble with getting it to accept filters and return tracks. There appears to be some problem in parsing the query filter and/or math filter expressions. Even if I use the examples to define a filter, I am getting popups that these expressions are invalid. I have not tested all the examples, but I have played around with both math & query expressions and received errors. I have listed below various filters I've tried (some are from examples, some not).

I also seem to be getting various db errors and program crashes on some of the more intensive operations; MegaDj.exe actually crashes when using Example 29 relative weights on keywords

It seems that the problem is perhaps related to specific fields only.
Is this script up to date and still being maintained? I have MM 3.2.0.1294.

Examples:
These all fail with an error, except where noted

Query (Passes) : SongTitle ~ Drew
Query : Anyfield ~ Drew
Math: Rating
Math: Rating/5
Math: rating^3
Math (Passes): Stereo
Math (Passes): dateaddedage
Math: NormalizeAlbum

twinbee

Post by twinbee » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:50 am

Hi, I have access to 3 computers now, 2 XP systems, and one with Windows 7. It seems to currently work fine on my original Windows XP laptop (and with an earlier MM, fine on the XP desktop), but it now fails in the way you've described for the other two.

I actually have some free time after a few crazy months. Expect an update, or at least some kind of resolution within the next 5 or so days.
Last edited by twinbee on Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

rogerr

Post by rogerr » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:15 am

Cool. The Win 7 errors I reported earlier do not happen every time I exit MM, but most the time. Perhaps it depends on whether a MegaDJ query was run. FWIW, I also was a MM beta tester who installed most of the betas of 3.1 and 3.2 along the way. Of course I am on the final version (Gold Lifetime).

twinbee

Re: MegaDJ v2.52 [MM3] - (2010-03-31) (big DB bug fix)

Post by twinbee » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:30 pm

2.52 giant bugfix complete (after a long break with the Mandelbulb for anyone who might be interested).

As usual, download and update (preferably through the Tools -> Extensions window from Mediamonkey), and enjoy. Otherwise, install from the website. Once MegaDJ is installed, close Mediamonkey and reopen again to finish off.

Phew, this update was torture and took longer than expected, but it needed to be done. Bug fixes include:

* Fixed error message when closing Mediamonkey
* Also fixed field mismatch with newer Mediamonkey databases (preventing many functions from working altogether). This bug didn't reveal itself until I started a new MM and database from scratch (as opposed to importing my old DB), so I'm glad I was able to find it. Certain code needed to be rewritten, but it's a lot more future-proof now.
* Weird NULL bug with MediaType field prevented the 'anyfield' from working.

In case anyone has other fundamental problems with installation, please email me, and I'm ready to work to iron out the remaining issues.

the unknown

Post by the unknown » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:56 am

HI, Would it be possible for megadj to make a node from the pool of songs in a magicnode? (instead of getting a list from an autoplaylist, i'd like it to get it from my magicnode. :)

musicbob

Using a SyncMegaDJ playlist

Post by musicbob » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:19 pm

I was able to install your add on and use it to create a list of songs using the examples included. The only problem I had was with the sync this node option.

The SyncMegaDJ playlist was blank and contained no tracks.

twinbee

Post by twinbee » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:39 am

@ the unknown: Hmmm, that's not possible at the moment. I presume it's not possible to create the query entirely through just MegaDJ? Would anyone else like this feature aswell?

@ musicbob, ah, yeah I've just encountered the prob as well. It's only an issue first time round, and then after that, it should be okay. I'll fix it soon, but for now, try closing Mediamonkey, rebooting, and then try syncing again - it should work this time and thereafter.