MegaDJ v2.59 [MM3+4] 2012: Better compatibility + time fix

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

twinbee

Re: MegaDJ v2.41 [MM3] - (2009-06-20) (new: rotate MM playlists)

Post by twinbee »

v2.41 is out and has a couple of bug fixes:

1: Full MDJ version upgrades properly now (glitch was in v2.40).
2: Capital letters thing is fixed when rotating ordinary MM playlists. Everything is case insensitive now.
MegaDJ v2 - Lightning fast and easy to use search to replace the standard AutoPlaylist. Features include random jukebox style playlists, along with syncing, weighting options, and logic complete querying.
rogerr

Post by rogerr »

When I click look for updates, it says no update server available for MegaDJ. I have the paid/donation version.
twinbee

Post by twinbee »

There could a couple of reasons for this. First is that Pre 3.1 versions of MM said something along those lines (but worked anyway if install was clicked). The other possibility is that you were trying to upgrade from a version of MDJ of v2.37 or lower (v2.4 is needed for to use MM's updating facility).

Anyway, sorry either way - I've PMd the link for the full version.
MegaDJ v2 - Lightning fast and easy to use search to replace the standard AutoPlaylist. Features include random jukebox style playlists, along with syncing, weighting options, and logic complete querying.
twinbee

Re: MegaDJ v2.45 [MM3] - (2009-06-20) (new: Works with MM 3.1)

Post by twinbee »

v2.45 is online. Two important bug fixes:

* MDJ now plays nicely with Mediamonkey 3.1 (fixed repeating help boxes and other GUI features)
* Two potential, but important crash bugs have been fixed

See home page for installation instructions (basically the same as 2.4/2.41)
icey

Re: MegaDJ v2.45 [MM3] - (2009-06-20) (new: works with MM 3.1)

Post by icey »

Hello. I have been quite enjoying this program, so I recently obtained the paid/donation version of MegaDJ.

However, I just discovered that when I tried to create an advanced filter (i.e. one that uses the "math filter" side), MegaDJ crashes for me. I tried the examples that use the advanced filter (example 19, 20...) but they also crash. I'd never tried to use the advance filter before I donated for the full version of the program. I don't know what's wrong. Is there any way I can fix this? I can send/post a screenie if needed.
twinbee

Re: MegaDJ v2.45 [MM3] - (2009-06-20) (new: works with MM 3.1)

Post by twinbee »

This is a new thing - I've just been able to get some crashable queries as well. I'll fix it probably today or tomo - sorry bout this. I'll take a good look at the code next time, and probably do proper unit testing in future to help avoid this kind of thing happening again...
twinbee

Re: MegaDJ v2.46 [MM3] - (2009-06-20) (new: works with MM 3.1)

Post by twinbee »

***Released MegaDJ 2.46

Okay it turned out the 3.1 version of Mediamonkey (which I presume you use?) uses a NULL value for one or more database fields. This made the prog crash when it tried to use this NULL value.

Anyway, all fixed. Go to Tools -> Extensions, and update MegaDJ the usual way from there. Reboot Mediamonkey after the new MDJ has been installed and you're good to go.
superakcraig

Re: MegaDJ v2.46 [MM3] - (2009-07-08) (new bug fixed with MM3.1)

Post by superakcraig »

Hey Twinbee,

Thanks for the update. Any luck with adding the feature where MegaDJ adds songs to its list as it gets to the end of the current list so that the songs never run out? :D
twinbee

Post by twinbee »

Lol, you really want this feature eh? :)

Okay, I'll probably look into it over the next couple of days...
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

superakcraig wrote: Thanks for the update. Any luck with adding the feature where MegaDJ adds songs to its list as it gets to the end of the current list so that the songs never run out? :D
Can't you just use AutoDJ for this?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
twinbee

Post by twinbee »

AutoDJ will probably just add new random tracks from the library, rather than ones which would pop up from the criteria in a given MegaDJ node (which may be weighted etc.)
superakcraig

Post by superakcraig »

twinbee wrote:Lol, you really want this feature eh? :)

Okay, I'll probably look into it over the next couple of days...
HeHe...I just think it will be a nice finishing touch to being able to rotate premade playlists. I look forward to the next release. Thanks!!!
twinbee

Re: MegaDJ v2.50 [MM3] - (2009-07-08) (new Cycle updates tracks)

Post by twinbee »

v2.50 released. See MDJ home page for usual installation. Thanks to superakcraig for helping test this!

The new "Cycle" mode will refresh tracks when the last one has been played (a bit like Mediamonkey's AutoDJ mode). Also, when cycling through a master rotate node, the child nodes will also refresh, as long as they each have Cycle enabled also.
Bugs & small things fixed: Fixed flushing of ini file for MM v3.1 (causes bug sometimes with recognizing of rotation nodes). Entering a negative amount of tunes caused MDJ to crash before. Fixed potential recursive refreshing when autorefresh is enabled and more than around 5000 tracks are picked. Visually disabled advanced mode when rotate is typed, since it is ignored anyway.
superakcraig

Post by superakcraig »

Trust me when I tell you, this is the script you need. MegaDJ rocks. Here is how....

I like several types of music. And I like to hear them equally at the same time without changing playlists or groups. I don't want to have setup a playlist with all my different types of music but MegaDJ will!!!! This is the only piece of software that i have found that will do this.

Basically this is how I have it working for me: I had premade playtlists that I used with Winamp (which by the way I DO NOT use anymore). I imported those playlists into MediaMonkey. (Separate script I believe) Then I picked each list and changed the properties of all the songs in that playlist by editing the "Custom 1" field. So say for instance, I have a playlist called HairbandRock (which I do) :D , I highlighted the whole group, edited the properties of all the songs all at once by right clicking and under the classification tab, I typed "hairbandrock" in the custom field1. Then I went up to MegaDJ and created a new child node called "!Hairbandrock" by filtering on the custom field1.(The reason I use the "!" on the childnode is not to confuse MegaDJ and think I am trying to rotate an imported playlist, which MegaDJ will also do.) This will pick all your songs from your imported playlist. You can also filter out songs that have not been played in the last 5 days by typing lastplayedage>5in these nodes. Tick Cycle,and Advanced selecting Random at the bottom of the window. Put like 20 or 30 songs in the tune amount and set the unlock to 0. You do this with each group of music you have, creating a child Node.

Now for the fun part...telling MegaDJ what type of songs to play, how many and in what order. Create a new node and in the query filter you type something like this rotate(!hairbandrock*2,!playlistB*3,!PlaylistC*2) Now what that will do is play 2 songs from the hairband list, 3 songs from playlistb, and 2 songs from playlistc in that order as long as random is not clicked on within your main mediamonkey interface. Be sure to check cycle so the old songs in the child nodes will fall off. Thats not the only way to do a rotate, you could also do something like rotate(!hairbandrock,!playlistb,!hairbandrock,!playlistb) This will play one song from each group and then return to the beginning.

So what twinbee has done is basically created a rotation clock for media monkey. You will not find this type of functionality in any other software program out there.

Oh and for better sounding quality music, I also recommend the sqrsoft crossfader 1.5b (1.75 has to many options that aren't needed) and sqrsoft compressor/limiter to keep all your songs sounding at the same level.

THOSE ARSES AT WINAMP HAVE NOTHING ON MEDIAMONKEY AND MEGADJ!! HAHAHAHA!!
twinbee

Post by twinbee »

Always interesting to see how MegaDJ is used - thanks! :D