Stations V3-2

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

raybeau528

Re: Stations V3-0

Post by raybeau528 »

I should be able to accommodate all.

Ray
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Great. :D BTW, I do not mind having to go into the vbs to change a value from false to true or vice versa... :wink:

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

Nyn,
I know you wouldn't mind and I appreciate your offer but it wouldn't be good form to insist others edit the ini file. I will need some time coming up with a good solution.

So are you having no-button withdrawal symptoms? Are you using 3.x exclusively? I haven't developed a V2 to V3 conversion utility yet. Is it needed? I know you had about 1000 stations defined! :)

Ray
PS are you still having that problem whereby MM freezes?
raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

Antidublicity,

I have a question about your "sort" request. Should both the stations and the playlist/node titles be sorted? Either/or? And should they use the MM sorting method? ie, "The Beatles' would be sorted as if it was "Beatles, The" ?

Ray
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

raybeau528 wrote:Nyn,
I know you wouldn't mind and I appreciate your offer but it wouldn't be good form to insist others edit the ini file. I will need some time coming up with a good solution.
Take your time, you've developed this so much that I do not mind waiting.
raybeau528 wrote:So are you having no-button withdrawal symptoms? Are you using 3.x exclusively?
:lol: :lol: No withdrawal symptoms, I am getting quite used to using the icon instead. And yes I am using 3.x exclusively. I am so exclusive that I removed the mmstations and stations info from the mediamonkey.ini file. And don't worry I have backups of everything if the need should ever arise to restore either of them.
raybeau528 wrote: I haven't developed a V2 to V3 conversion utility yet. Is it needed? I know you had about 1000 stations defined! :)
:lol: :lol: Not quite 1000 but will probably get close before you know it. I do not know about others but if I am able to easily convert 87 playlists in less than 10 minutes, I think it is safe to say no coversion tool is necessary. :wink: And it only took me that long because my playlists are separated into groups and I wanted to add my stations in order so that my ini file is aphabetized in station sections. Which means all my As are in numberical order, then my Bs and Cs etc...
raybeau528 wrote: PS are you still having that problem whereby MM freezes?
Not so much here on my home computer. I upgraded to 1217 and have yet to run into it again. I will test some more on my work computer tomorrow but I think the devs have fixed it. At least I hope they have because it is very annoying...

Nyn

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

nynaevelan wrote:Ray:

I am getting following error in 3.1.1216 when starting MM, it usually happens several times when I start up especially when I have tracks in my now playing list which are saved to the mediamonkey.m3u file. Any way to fix this, I would hate to have to give up my stations or my now playling list?

Nyn
Ray:

Version 3.1 works perfectly with 3.1.1217 on my Vista machine at home but I cannot get it to work correctly on my XP machine at work without having the now playing list cleared prior to MM starting. I had to go back to version 3.0 of the script on that machine because I couldn't figure out what the problem was. All the scripts which are installed on my work machine are on my home machine but those errors kept popping up.

Nyn

raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

It works with 3.0 but not 3.1? Strange, my system is XP and it's working ok. Let me see what I can find.

Ray
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

It has to be some kind of script conflict because it works in an installation that does not have any scripts but it doesn't in one that has scripts. Since this is my work computer I do not have a lot of time to play process of elimination. 3.0 is fine for this computer, all it has to do is play. And since I create my stations on my home computer and just transfer the stations.ini to the work computer, all is well. I just wanted to bring it to your attention, you don't have to do anything to figure it out.

Nyn

raybeau528

Re: Stations V3-2

Post by raybeau528 »

FYI, v3-2 is now available. Adds support for Sorted Stations. Includes some performance gain with non-playlist nodes. MM v3.1.0.1218 required.

Ray
rogerr

Post by rogerr »

Any chance the buttons will return? This was an easy way for quickly change playlists. Now I have to find the icon and navigate submenus to select a station. I think buttons should be optional.
raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

V2.6 is still available in the first post.

Ray
rogerr

Post by rogerr »

Does 2.6 work with MegaDJ playlists? Also, I couldn't find a link to 2.6 in the first post.
My suggestion is based on wanting buttons in the version you plan to continue to develop. Thanks for your efforts to bring this feature to us.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Ray:

A question, you know how in the device configuration on the Playlists tab, if you mouse over the playlist name it will give you a list of the tracks in the playlist, would this be possible in stations??

Nyn

raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

Nyn,

I'm out of town and will check into it when i get back late this coming week.

Ray
raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

Nyn,

I thought I'd take a look at it to get my brain thinking about it but discovered I don't know exactly where the Playlist tab is you're referring to. Can you let me know how to get there, ie Tools/Options/blahblahblah?

Ray