Stations V3-2

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

raybeau528

Re: mmStations V2.6 / Stations v1.0

Post by raybeau528 »

mm3 Monkey, thanks for the heads up about the duplicate urls. It should be fixed now.

Nyn, Happy New Year! Soon you'll have more buttons than playlists! :) One caveat with the new method, it will only find the first playlist of any duplicate-titled playlists. I recall you saying earlier that you didn't have any duplicates so shouldn't be an issue, for you.

Regarding the toolbar issue, I read the beta forum earlier and was going to comment that in all likelihood that problem is in the beta version related to the SDB.IniFile. Something the developers did impacted the way it works (or doesn't work). The multiple scripts that manifest the problem probably all use the inifile. Not all scripts use that file, just those that want to persist some data between mm sessions. mmStations and Stations, for instance, store the playlists you assign to the buttons and then retrieves that data the next time you run mm. The toolbar configurations are probably stored in the inifile as well and probably have a conflict ( a lock or something) when other apps are reading/writing to that file. I'll read the beta post and see what they said.

Ray
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

raybeau528 wrote:
Nyn, Happy New Year! Soon you'll have more buttons than playlists! :) One caveat with the new method, it will only find the first playlist of any duplicate-titled playlists. I recall you saying earlier that you didn't have any duplicates so shouldn't be an issue, for you.
I currently have 87 active playlists, imagine how long it took me to pick out 30 favorites... Also, no I do not have any duplicates so I will not run into that problem. One small thing, though not a problem for me, if the playlist has a long name it will run over. I would just mention it in the first post so no one is suprised when it happens to them.
raybeau528 wrote:Regarding the toolbar issue, I read the beta forum earlier and was going to comment that in all likelihood that problem is in the beta version related to the SDB.IniFile. Something the developers did impacted the way it works (or doesn't work). The multiple scripts that manifest the problem probably all use the inifile. Not all scripts use that file, just those that want to persist some data between mm sessions. mmStations and Stations, for instance, store the playlists you assign to the buttons and then retrieves that data the next time you run mm. The toolbar configurations are probably stored in the inifile as well and probably have a conflict ( a lock or something) when other apps are reading/writing to that file. I'll read the beta post and see what they said.

Ray
That is the impression I got from MoDementia when he explained it. I am not sure what happens with the scripts and ini files I am just glad it was able to fixed without either losing any of my favorites (because I am not willing to lose any one of the six) or you guys having to do a lot of work to get them back up and running.

Once again fantastic job. :D

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

Nyn, you're right about the long playlist names - I should have mentioned it. How do you like assigning the playlists this way? If you really want more, it would be rather easy now to go to 50 - just duplicating similar code. Just toggle between A-B-C-D-E. Let me know.

Ray
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

raybeau528 wrote:Nyn, you're right about the long playlist names - I should have mentioned it. How do you like assigning the playlists this way? If you really want more, it would be rather easy now to go to 50 - just duplicating similar code. Just toggle between A-B-C-D-E. Let me know.

Ray
:lol: :lol: Haven't you learned yet not to open the door like that but...if you are willing to go up to 50 I will certainly use them. I like it more this way, it is much easier than using the Options Sheet or the enabling method of mmStations.

Nyn

raybeau528

Re: mmStations V2.6 / Stations v1.1

Post by raybeau528 »

Yeah, well, the change wasn't difficult, just tedious cut/paste/edit. Enjoy.
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

Some TINY, MINISCULE issues, just in case you're interested, Ray (but otherwise, sorry to bother you). Most of all thanks for the super script and how quickly you are working on it and responding to requests/suggestions:

--- I had previously uninstalled mmStations before installing Stations v1.0 but now that I've reinstalled mmStations (this time v2.6), I notice that all my settings and playlist assignations are still there. I don't mind at all; just wondered if you knew. BTW, I happen to know that Nyn wants to keep it like that or have an option to do so.

--- Stations v1.0.mmip is 10KB but Stations v1.1.mmip is 6KB. Just curious. Couldn't care less!!

--- The version number of Stations has not been updated in the vbs script itself. So, for instance, it still says V 1.0 in the titlebar. Again - who cares!

--- Your first post needs updating right at the start. I think you'll see what I mean. It's nothing; forget it!

--- It would be better if the mmip files included the version number in the filename. True but barely worth mentioning.

:D
Last edited by MM3 monkey on Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Hey Ray:

I noticed something weird with Stations. Whatever the last station which was added it will always add to the Now Playing list and start the tracks playing. I have my options set to autostart and add tracks. Is there a way to turn this off?

Nyn

raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

mm3 Monkey,
--- I had previously uninstalled mmStations before installing Stations v1.0 but now that I've reinstalled mmStations (this time v2.6), I notice that all my settings and playlist assignations are still there. I don't mind at all; just wondered if you knew. BTW, I happen to know that Nyn wants to keep it like that or have an option to do so
Yes, intentionally left them there. Like most software packages, unistalling them usually doesn't cause data/files that you created to be also deleted. If you upgrade/unistall MS Word, you wouldn't expect all your documents to be deleted! Sort of along the same philosophy. I could consider prompting to delete all station data upon uninstall.
--- Stations v1.0.mmip is 10KB but Stations v1.1.mmip is 6KB. Just curious. Couldn't care less!!
Most likely just function of the compression algorithm of zip. An .mmip file is a .zip file renamed for MM.
The version number of Stations has not been updated in the vbs script itself. So, for instance, it still says V 1.0 in the titlebar.
Fixed in next version.
Your first post needs updating right at the start. I think you'll see what I mean. It's nothing; forget it!
Fixed.
It would be better if the mmip files included the version number in the filename
I checked several installation packages from the major scripters and there is no standard. I agree having the version as part of the mmip file name is a good thing. It's just as easy to do it as to not do it so the next version will have it.

Nyn,
I noticed something weird with Stations. Whatever the last station which was added it will always add to the Now Playing list and start the tracks playing. I have my options set to autostart and add tracks. Is there a way to turn this off?
What it should be doing, upon a new MM session, is setting the station/playlist to the last one that was selected/playing from the previous session - and then start playing it. Maybe I misinterpreted a previous request:
Is there anyway to setup mmStations to resume the state it was in when MM was closed??
Tell me more.

Rogerr,
Any chance you can enhance to be able to add MegaDJ playlists?
Haven't forgotten about this one. I put a request in the wishlist forum for an architectural change to accomodate this and/or suggestion for a solution. The issue is, if you're interested, the MM API (application programmers interface) provides a GetPlayListbyTitle("title") function which as it suggests, you, the script, provides the function the title of a playlist and it returns the playlist datastructure which includes things like the list of all tracks in that playlist and other data a script could use. There's no such function for other nodes in the MM tree. At least I'm not aware of any way to do it, yet. I think this would be cool to have. Not only MegaDJ but for any node such as an individual artist, or album, or a magicnode, etc. I would assign a button to a couple of my favorite artists directly on the artist tree rather than make a playlist just for that artist.

Ray
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

raybeau528 wrote: Nyn,

What it should be doing, upon a new MM session, is setting the station/playlist to the last one that was selected/playing from the previous session - and then start playing it. Maybe I misinterpreted a previous request:
Is there anyway to setup mmStations to resume the state it was in when MM was closed??
Tell me more.

Dont remember if that was me or not but if so I do not know what I was thinking when I asked for it but no problem I commented out this line:

Code: Select all

Call Play(Replace(SDB.IniFile.StringValue(AppTitle,b),"#",""))
Nyn

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

raybeau528 wrote:

mmStations has been updated to allow both mmStations and Stations to co-exist for testing and comparison purposes.
U know if a person was a greedy person they could install mmStations with its 10 stations along with Stations with its 50 stations and get a total of 60 stations..... :lol: :lol: just saying...

Nyn

raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

and I thought 6 or 10 was enough when I first started this! It's funny though, I've actually found I could use many more than 10. It really wouldn't be any more difficult to go from 50 to 100 as from 30 to 50. I can't believe I actually said that. I guess 360 would be a reasonable limit - (26 letters and 10 numbers) times 10. Don't be shy now, just tell me what you need! :)

Ray
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

:lol: :lol: I'm good, if you add anymore I will have to add all my playlists to the stations and then create more just to fill up the stations.... BUT if you add them, I will use them. I am sure you have better things to do with your time than to keep making my life easier....

BTW: Have you used any of the stations yet, it is so easy to scroll through the selections to find a playlist.

Nyn

raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

Yes, of course, I'm using it. I do like going through the actually playlists to make the selections rather than going to options etc. I was serious when I said I'm now using many more than I thought I ever would. I guess it's because it's such a great script! :)

Ray
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

raybeau528 wrote:Yes, of course, I'm using it. I do like going through the actually playlists to make the selections rather than going to options etc. I was serious when I said I'm now using many more than I thought I ever would. I guess it's because it's such a great script! :)

Ray
Yes it is!!! :D 8) :D

Nyn

raybeau528

Re: mmStations V2.6 / Stations v2.0

Post by raybeau528 »

If you've tried Stations V2.0 I already discovered that the Title Bar isn't set when a non-playlist node is selected.

Also, MegaDJ nodes aren't working with Stations (yet), I'm working on that.

Ray