Export/Create Playlists 4 Child Nodes 4.0 (2013-07-10)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Re: Export/Create Playlists 4 Child Nodes 4.0 (2013-07-10)[M

Post by ZvezdanD »

chrisjj wrote:I don't want to import from child nodes.
Yes, you want. Your M3U playlist files are located in the child nodes of the selected node in My Computer branch and you want to import from them.
chrisjj wrote:What I got was TDJ containing no playlists but 1000s of tracks. what I expected was TDJ containing dozens of playlists and no tracks, except in those playlists.
That is intended behavior if you had this settings: http://i.imgur.com/EX5m4ce.png. You should turn off the "Parent level" check box to get what you want.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

ZvezdanD wrote:
chrisjj wrote:I don't want to import from child nodes.
Yes, you want. Your M3U playlist files are located in the child nodes of the selected node in My Computer .
Well, I thought they were located in folders on disc, but OK.
chrisjj wrote:What I got was TDJ containing no playlists but 1000s of tracks. what I expected was TDJ containing dozens of playlists and no tracks, except in those playlists.
That is intended behavior if you had this settings: http://i.imgur.com/EX5m4ce.png. You should turn off the "Parent level" check box to get what you want.[/quote]

Ah. "To nested folders/playlists" "Parent level" . t thought that would go to nested folders/playlists at the parent level. Not that nested folders/playlists would be overridden.

Thanks. That works.

I hope you can remedy the UI interference.
Chris
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

Suggestion: make Cancel really cancel here: http://i.imgur.com/fxHEbuv.png

It is rather annoying upon making a mistake exporting hundreds of playlists to have to click this dialog hundred of times.
Chris
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

chrisjj wrote:Suggestion: make Cancel really cancel here: http://i.imgur.com/fxHEbuv.png

It is rather annoying upon making a mistake exporting hundreds of playlists to have to click this dialog hundred of times.
I cannot do too much about this since this is a bug of the program itself which I already reported to the MM developers: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=6709
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

Thanks for the info. Fingers crossed for a fix in MM :)
Chris
manaswin

Post by manaswin »

I have donated for Export/Import Playlists script, waiting for your reply and script, also sent a private message for the same.
May I know link if any thread started exclusively to discuss Export/Import Playlists v5.0 as I found here :
http://solair.eunet.rs/~zvezdand/Export ... desNew.htm
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

manaswin wrote:I have donated for Export/Import Playlists script, waiting for your reply and script, also sent a private message for the same.
May I know link if any thread started exclusively to discuss Export/Import Playlists v5.0 as I found here :
http://solair.eunet.rs/~zvezdand/Export ... desNew.htm
I think it's this thread most are always talked about in the starting versions thread.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

You could ask your questions about the new version of this add-on using e-mail that I have mentioned in the Donate section of its Web page.

I am sorry for delay, but please keep in mind that maybe I am not always 24/7 near my computer, and sometimes some other factors could cause that I respond latter than you expect.
Magic815

Post by Magic815 »

So apologies if I'm asking a dumb question, but is there a way to force the export to overwrite existing files?

I'm using this to export my playlists into XBMC (which I have working). However, when I make updates to my playlists in MM, it won't overwrite the playlist files inside the XBMC folder.

If I manually delete the old playlist files from the XBMC folder, then MM will automatically write the new playlist files in the proper spot and it all works perfectly. It would just be nice to not have to manually delete the files every time I make an update to a playlist inside MM.

Any help is appreciated!
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Magic815 wrote:is there a way to force the export to overwrite existing files?
The export already overwrites the existing files, either when using manual or automatic export.
Magic815 wrote:It would just be nice to not have to manually delete the files every time I make an update to a playlist inside MM.
The new, donation-only version called Export/Import Playlists has two additional related options: "Automatically export playlists:" - "When some playlist is added or modified" and "Delete exported file if its playlist is deleted":
What is new:
- Added: option for automatic export of MM playlists when they are modified, renamed, moved or added to the Playlists branch (requires MM v4.1.0.1648 or higher);
- Added: option for automatic removal of exported playlist files when corresponding MM playlists are removed from the Playlists branch (requires MM v4.1.0.1648 or higher);

Post by Guest »

ZvezdanD wrote:
Magic815 wrote:is there a way to force the export to overwrite existing files?
The export already overwrites the existing files, either when using manual or automatic export.
Magic815 wrote:It would just be nice to not have to manually delete the files every time I make an update to a playlist inside MM.
The new, donation-only version called Export/Import Playlists has two additional related options: "Automatically export playlists:" - "When some playlist is added or modified" and "Delete exported file if its playlist is deleted":
What is new:
- Added: option for automatic export of MM playlists when they are modified, renamed, moved or added to the Playlists branch (requires MM v4.1.0.1648 or higher);
- Added: option for automatic removal of exported playlist files when corresponding MM playlists are removed from the Playlists branch (requires MM v4.1.0.1648 or higher);
Interesting, for some reason the files won't update in my XBMC folder. This is the folder I'm exporting the playlists to:
C:\Users\<Name>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\playlists\music

However, if I do a test run on my desktop, it seems to overwrite fine.

Is it possible there is a permission issue in those folders that's blocking the overwrite? Something with the AppData folder, maybe?
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Guest wrote:Is it possible there is a permission issue in those folders that's blocking the overwrite? Something with the AppData folder, maybe?
I don't know. Maybe you have another software (XBMC?) which prevents overwriting of those files.
res1999

Post by res1999 »

Hey all! Hope to still get some support here for this fabulous Addon. Here's my situation:

my library is on a harddrive, sorted like this:

i:\music\artists\...
i:\music\genre\...
i:\music\soundtrack\...

and so on

I'm exporting various playlists with the addon, and they result in something like this:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:332, Beach House - On The Sea
I:\Music\Artists\Beach House\Bloom\09-Beach House - On The Sea.mp3
#EXTINF:252, Iron & Wine - Such Great Heights
I:\Music\Soundtrack\Garden State\11-Iron & Wine - Such Great Heights.mp3
#EXTINF:137, Louis Armstrong - What A Wonderful World
I:\Music\Soundtrack\Good Morning, Vietnam\19-Louis Armstrong - What A Wonderful World.mp3
#EXTINF:202, Cat Power - The Greatest
I:\Music\Genre\2000s\Cat Power - The Greatest.mp3

all well so far. Now here's the tricky part: I've bought a new Fiio X5 MP3-player that has two SD-cards for storage. Unfortunately, these two can not be combined, so I end up with "TF1:\" for the first card, and "TF2:\" for the second card. Now I've copied the music from i:\music\artists\... onto TF1, and everything else (genre, soundtrack, etc.) on TF2. For a playlist to work with both cards, it should look like this:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:332, Beach House - On The Sea
TF1:\Music\Beach House\Bloom\09-Beach House - On The Sea.mp3 (from card 1, artists)
#EXTINF:252, Iron & Wine - Such Great Heights
TF2:\Music\Garden State\11-Iron & Wine - Such Great Heights.mp3 (from card 2, soundtrack)
#EXTINF:137, Louis Armstrong - What A Wonderful World
TF2:\Music\Good Morning, Vietnam\19-Louis Armstrong - What A Wonderful World.mp3 (from card 2, soundtrack)
#EXTINF:202, Cat Power - The Greatest
TF2:\Music\2000s\Cat Power - The Greatest.mp3 (from card 2, genre)

now I haven't found out how to replace two or more different paths with two different paths. I can replace i:\music\artists\ with TF1:\music\, but i also should be able to replace i:\music\soundtrack\ with TF2:\music\ at the same time. Maybe there's a separator that I can use to insert both replacements?

I cannot use relative paths, since the Fiio then only checks the sd-card on which the playlist is stored. If a title from the playlist is on the other card, it just skips it. And replacing the paths within an editor is not an option as well, since I have quite a few playlists, and they change frequently.

I hope someone has a solution for my problem.

Thanks in advance!
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

res1999 wrote:I haven't found out how to replace two or more different paths with two different paths.
This add-on cannot replace two or more different paths with two different paths. I'll add such option to the Export/Import Playlists add-on, but that version is donation-only.
res1999

Post by res1999 »

Of course I'm willing to donate if your add-on (is that based on this one here?) does the trick. Could you let me know when you've added the option, and where I can get it? Guess you're using PayPal, right?

Thanks for your help, really apprechiate it!