We'll i'm trying to get my MM3 and Squeezebox integrating with ratings playcounts and playtimes etc. The reason i use both are;
1. MM3 - Has great tagging Facilities (which is important for Squeececenter)
2. MM3 - Has Brilliant Autoiplylists (Which i use with ratings, genres, etc)
3. MM3 - Syncs all the above with my Portable players. (Zen vision:m & Ipod Classic, which both in turn allow me to rate tracks)
4. Squeezbox - Allows me to play my Music anywhere in my house. I have 2 one in my lunge and one in my bedroom.
Now the task ahead is to sync all autoplaylists, ratings, playcounts and playtimes. I suppose i'll break it up step by step. I've accomplished quite a bit of these steps, i would like some help trying to finish of my outstsanding issues. I see this as a bit of a project and any assistance that can be provided would be great. As i've only messed around with the most basic of scripts and only then i've used others scripts and manipulated them.
Like i said earlier any assistance would be of great help, Specifically Scheduling the script, and creating the script from the psuedo-code below. I'd say it would take me a while.
In regards to assistance, Ideally if someone who has the knowledge could knock up the code that would be awesome. Else if people can point to scripts that do similar things and resources which will help me.
Firstly, Syncing Playlists and Autoplaylists
1. MM3 & Portable players use sync on MM3
2. I've created a playlist node called "A - Squeeze" - This has playlists in it that i want to use with the Squeezecenter.
3. In Squeezecenter i've set my destination for playlists as "F:\Playlists\A - Squeeze"
4. Using the Modified Export all m3u's script below i run that to export the playlists within folders in "F:\Playlists\A - Squeeze", you can see i've hard coded the destinations and playlist node.
Code: Select all
See Last Post for latest script
Outstanding issues for syncing Playlists
I'd Like to run the script above automated using the windows scheduler, i've had a look around. i just can't find any solid information, Pekes windows scheduler is geared up for playlists not scripts. How can i achieve this.
Syncing Ratings, Playcounts and Playtimes
1. Setup Squeezecenter to handle ratings. (This Syncs MM3's rating to Squeezecenter)
1a- Add plugin "Trackstat" by Erland
1b- Add plugin "Custom Scan" by Erland (Setup Ratings scan option to be automatic, this will add the ratings into squeezecenter)
2. Sync the ratings and Playtimes and counts from squeezecenter.
2a- Using the Trackstat plugin setup the itunes integration to update as edited. this creates a txt file with the necessary details to parse into MM3. I've set mine up to wirite to "f:\Playlists\Trackstat\TrackStat_iTunes_Hist.txt" the output in this file is as such;
Code: Select all
Pictures of You [Extended Dub Mix]|||O:\Music\The Cure\Mixed Up\[Mixed Up]7-The Cure_Pictures of You [Extended Dub Mix].mp3|played|20081208190833|100 Sun Is Shining|||O:\Music\Various Artists\History of Trojan Records 1968-1971\[History of Trojan Records 1968-1971]19-Bob Marley & the Wailers_Sun Is Shining.mp3|played|20081208191753|100 Angie|||O:\Music\The Rolling Stones\Forty Licks\[Forty Licks]27-The Rolling The Jungle|||O:\Music\Faith No More\We Care a Lot\[We Care a Lot]2-Faith No More_The Jungle.mp3|rated||60 The Jungle|||O:\Music\Faith No More\We Care a Lot\[We Care a Lot]2-Faith No More_The Jungle.mp3|played|20081209074549|60
This is the important bit, i need to create a script which parses the above txt file contents into MM3. And I was thinking to add this to the start of the exporting playlists script at the top. and when all finished create options to set destinations. However i need to get this script worked out.
So in getting this script done here is the following Psuedo Code.
Code: Select all
If "f:\Playlists\Trackstat\TrackStat_iTunes_Hist.txt" does not exist then end else For every line up till end of txt repeat the following. Is this Song a rating change or played change(Parse txt to check wether song is played or rated) Case is [i]rating change[/i] if song(use parse to find path) does not exist than go to next song else Change rating (use parse to find) go to next song Case is [i]Played change[/i] if song(use parse to find path) does not exist than go to next song else Change Played Time (use parse to find) Increase Playcount go to next song End of txt file then delete "f:\Playlists\Trackstat\TrackStat_iTunes_Hist.txt" file Run ExportM3USpecific