Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4 (2012-10-08) [MM3+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Col1000

Track redirection

Post by Col1000 »

I find the redirection plug in incredibly useful - it was on my 'dream list' for organising my music and I can't believe it has been implemented so well. One question - can .asx files store volume levelling data? When I have tracks linked from different albums, the .asx version seems to play at full volume rather than the adjusted volume that the original does.
Thanks
Colin
Last edited by Lowlander on Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing topic
Col1000

Re: Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.3.8 (2011-06-26)[M

Post by Col1000 »

Sorry - I've just discovered the answer to my own question - Track Volume data is created in album context when an .asx file replaces an audio file, and this then works properly with the master track when played as part of the album. I had created some .asx tracks from the master without having a track to replace directly, hence there was no volume analysis for the track when played in the album via the .asx file. This plugin is great!
BKKKPewsey

Post by BKKKPewsey »

Hi
I just discovered this script (Thanks to nohitter) but as in http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 80#p282849 I am getting the same error :(
And as m_bojangles found I am also getting "A" at the start of the unc path. eg A\\my_server\music\blah blah
Also because I was trying to use "unselected tracks in tracklist" the path was greyed out.

I am running MM 4.0.6.1498 (portable) and Vista 32 and I tried with running MM as normal and as admin.
Let us know if any further info required

This script is just what I was looking for just need to get it working :D
Everyone has the right to be stupid Image but some abuse the privilege
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

BKKKPewsey wrote:I am getting the same error :(
And as m_bojangles found I am also getting "A" at the start of the unc path.
Thanks for the report. As I said to m_bojangles, I cannot reproduce that bug, but it looks similar to the one which I had recently with some another add-on that is caused by faulty databases. There is the new release with the workaround for it. However, if you still have a problem, it would be best if you upload your MM.DB database file packed with Zip to some file server like Mediafire, so I could try to reproduce the problem by myself.

v3.3.9 - 2012-06-28:
* Fixed: suggested redirection file in Create Redirections for Specified Tracks dialog box with some faulty databases and UNC paths;
* Improved: speed of synchronization of album arts.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
BKKKPewsey

Re: Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.3.9 (2012-06-28)[M

Post by BKKKPewsey »

Thanks I will give that a try however having trouble with the download link on your site - its still pointing to the old (non-existent) 3.3.8 file

:)
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

BKKKPewsey wrote:having trouble with the download link on your site
Have you tried with Refresh?
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
BKKKPewsey

Post by BKKKPewsey »

:oops: Whoops got caught out again with chrome's browser cache :evil:
Downloaded and will report back :)
BKKKPewsey

Post by BKKKPewsey »

Whether it was due to me upgrading to MM 1500 build or yet another full database optimisation or the tweaks in your latest update
but I can report that its now working fine :roll:
Thank you very much for yet another excellent script :D
allwi

Post by allwi »

Hi Zvezdan,

great script - again. (What would MM without MagicNodes or this script ...)
But there are two annoyances, I can't sort out:
1. The usual option, I use for redirections is: Create link without Copy Master but with Transfer Playcount
This works fine but the options Copy Master and Transfer Playcount are always forgotten and I have to switch them on every time. I looked in the ini file and found the setting CopyAudioFiles=1. I set it to 0 but this didn't help. Is there any chance that these two options are set as default?

2. I found the number of submenu entries quite overwhelming esp. because I only use a few of them. After looking into the ini file, I saw the HideXX entries and tried to set them to 1 to hide the menu entries. But after a start of MM4, I get error #424 (SDB.Object(..) error). (Setting them back to 0 again fixes the error)
What am I doing wrong? Can I hide the submenu entries and if so how?

Finally a bug I have:
I created some redirections. These work fine, when adding them to the playlist the master is selected, the meta data is kept identical etc. But when using the 'Find Master option' on the linked track, I always get 'The referenced Master cannot be found'.
What's the issue?

Many thanks again for this script

Cheers
allwi
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

allwi wrote:1. The usual option, I use for redirections is: Create link without Copy Master but with Transfer Playcount
This works fine but the options Copy Master and Transfer Playcount are always forgotten and I have to switch them on every time. I looked in the ini file and found the setting CopyAudioFiles=1. I set it to 0 but this didn't help.
I cannot test the script in this moment, but I could try to answer. The options Copy Master and Transfer Playcount in the Create Redirections dialog box are stored only after you click on the OK button, but not if you click on the Cancel button, i.e. they are stored only if you actually create some redirection. If you open the Create Redirections dialog box again, immediately after you created some redirection, you should see these options remembered.

However, if you open the MediaMonkey.ini file right after you created some redirection and if the keys CopyAudioFiles and TransferPlaystatsOnCreate are not corresponded to their respective options, that could only mean that you have installed some add-on from another author that is messing with the .ini file, which is already discussed in this thread. In that case, to be sure that options would be remembered into the .ini file, it is recommended that you restart the program after you create some redirection. Or you could hope that the program would not crush before you close it regularly for the next time. You see, if you have installed some third party nasty script, all settings from the all scripts are stored into the .ini file only when you regularly close the program.

Your manual setting to the .ini file did not help most probably because you did that when you had the program opened. You should close every instance of it before you make some modification to the .ini file.
allwi wrote:2. I found the number of submenu entries quite overwhelming esp. because I only use a few of them. After looking into the ini file, I saw the HideXX entries and tried to set them to 1 to hide the menu entries. But after a start of MM4, I get error #424 (SDB.Object(..) error). (Setting them back to 0 again fixes the error)
Could you post the reported line number at which the error happened? What is the version of the script that you are using?
allwi wrote:when using the 'Find Master option' on the linked track, I always get 'The referenced Master cannot be found'.
What is the version of the program that you have installed? If it is v4.x, do you have displayed the Entire Library and Album nodes in the Media Tree panel?
allwi

Post by allwi »

Thanks for the fast response, Zvezdan.

Let's start with the good news:
ZvezdanD wrote:Do you have displayed the Entire Library and Album nodes in the Media Tree panel?
Why should I? I have MagicNodes :oops:
You're right after I enabled Entire Lib/Album, the master is shown ... I haven't thought about this.

Unfortunately the other problems remain
ZvezdanD wrote:The options Copy Master and Transfer Playcount in the Create Redirections dialog box are stored only after you click on the OK button, but not if you click on the Cancel button, i.e. they are stored only if you actually create some redirection. If you open the Create Redirections dialog box again, immediately after you created some redirection, you should see these options remembered.
Sure, I assumed so and did exactly this - but I always get the Copy option enabled and the Transfer disabled.
ZvezdanD wrote:However, if you open the MediaMonkey.ini file right after you created some redirection and if the keys CopyAudioFiles and TransferPlaystatsOnCreate are not corresponded to their respective options, that could only mean that you have installed some add-on from another author that is messing with the .ini file, which is already discussed in this thread.
Bugger - My MM4 installation went on top of an existing MM3. I only have a few scripts/extensions: MagicNodes, TrackRedirection, MonkeyRok and MonkeyFlow. Everything works fine, even MonkeyFlow although this is not approved for MM4. So there might be so remainders from old scripts? (I tried a lot of script but found most of them not useful). I'll check this thread for the discussion, you mentioned.
ZvezdanD wrote:Your manual setting to the .ini file did not help most probably because you did that when you had the program opened. You should close every instance of it before you make some modification to the .ini file.
Nope - this was not the case, I always close MM before I try to edit the ini file. Strangely I don't see anything from the TrackRedirection script written back to the ini. But I see changes of MagicNodes (so I look in the correct ini file).
ZvezdanD wrote:Could you post the reported line number at which the error happened? What is the version of the script that you are using?
Row 7551, column 12 - I'm using the latest script version 3.3.9. It seems that not every Hide triggers that error only a certain or a few ones. But even if the script works without error after I set a Hide entry to 1, I can still see the menu item.

Cheers
allwi
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

allwi wrote:Unfortunately the other problems remain
Thanks for the report. There is the new update, v3.4 - 2012-10-08:
* Added: options to find master track in the Library/Location folder or in the current tracklist (Find Referenced Master sub-menu);
* Added: possibility to specify the name of some nested playlist in the Options dialog box without its full path if that name is unique;
* Fixed: remembering of Copy Audio Tracks and Transfer Playstats options in the Create Redirections for Specified Tracks dialog box;
* Fixed: error when some HideMenu option is set to 1 in the .ini file.
allwi

Post by allwi »

ZvezdanD wrote:
allwi wrote:Unfortunately the other problems remain
Thanks for the report. There is the new update, v3.4 - 2012-10-08:
* Added: options to find master track in the Library/Location folder or in the current tracklist (Find Referenced Master sub-menu);
* Added: possibility to specify the name of some nested playlist in the Options dialog box without its full path if that name is unique;
* Fixed: remembering of Copy Audio Tracks and Transfer Playstats options in the Create Redirections for Specified Tracks dialog box;
* Fixed: error when some HideMenu option is set to 1 in the .ini file.
Hi Zvezdan,

sorry that I haven't replied earlier ...

You know that you are a genius, right :)
After installing the new version, the options are remembered. Though I haven't check the the HideMenu options, I believe they work as well.

Many many thanks

Cheers
allwi
Onweerwolf

Re: Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4 (2012-10-08) [MM

Post by Onweerwolf »

I've had my eye on this script for several years but had to wait until i finished other tasks concerning my library. Now I've finally found the time to test it out. It works great so far. I do have some questions though.

1. I was wondering where the redirections are stored. To put it another way; it's there a risk of losing them? For instance when I do a reinstall of MM or when I uninstall this script. I have 100's of tracks that I want to redirect and I would like to prevent losing the work that I'm gonna put into it.

2. When I select either 'Replace with duplicate from album' or 'replace with linked track' from the dropdown menu I get this error:

Any idea?

3. I use 'create redirection for specified tracks' to select a redirected track for a selected master. When I do so oftentimes the dialogue window will appear beneath MM's main window. Which means I have to doubleclick on the MM system tray icon to make the main window minimize and have the script dialogue appear. This is kinda annoying.

4. could you explain the difference between these two:

5. A suggestion: It takes a while for the script to find tracks with the same artist & title. Oftentimes I actually know exactly which track I want a redirection for. Therefor it would be much faster if the script had an option to simply select master track, bring up the dialogue from 'create redirections for selected tracks' without the search and then select the track that i want the redirection for. Basically similar to the way the Copy Metadata -> Paste Metadata script works.

thnx!
ZvezdanD

Re: Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4 (2012-10-08) [MM

Post by ZvezdanD »

Onweerwolf wrote:1. I was wondering where the redirections are stored. To put it another way; it's there a risk of losing them? For instance when I do a reinstall of MM or when I uninstall this script. I have 100's of tracks that I want to redirect and I would like to prevent losing the work that I'm gonna put into it.
The table with the redirections is stored in the MM database. There is a risk of losing them. When you reinstall MM it would keep the database, but there are always a risk that it could be damaged. It is highly recommended that you make a backup of your MM database on a regular basis, so when you get the database somehow corrupted or damaged you could take back the latest good one.
Onweerwolf wrote:2. When I select either 'Replace with duplicate from album' or 'replace with linked track' from the dropdown menu I get this error:
There is the new 3.4.2 update with fixed that bug.
Onweerwolf wrote:3. I use 'create redirection for specified tracks' to select a redirected track for a selected master. When I do so oftentimes the dialogue window will appear beneath MM's main window. Which means I have to doubleclick on the MM system tray icon to make the main window minimize and have the script dialogue appear. This is kinda annoying.
This is a problem with the program itself and I cannot do anything about it.
Onweerwolf wrote:4. could you explain the difference between these two:
The first one allows updating of the playstats of the master track when you play track(s) linked to it. The second one specify what you want to be synchronized when you use e.g. Synchronize Metadata of Redirected Tracks command.
Onweerwolf wrote:5. A suggestion: It takes a while for the script to find tracks with the same artist & title. Oftentimes I actually know exactly which track I want a redirection for. Therefor it would be much faster if the script had an option to simply select master track, bring up the dialogue from 'create redirections for selected tracks' without the search and then select the track that i want the redirection for.
I have planed to implement something like that in the future. In the meantime maybe you could try with the Create Redirections/Copy Metadata for Duplicates/Folders command which has different approach for creating redirections than Create Redirections for Specified Tracks.

Thanks for the bug-report and suggestions.