Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4 (2012-10-08) [MM3+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Onweerwolf

Re: Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4 (2012-10-08) [MM

Post by Onweerwolf »

Been a while, i'm busy lately but I have not forgotten...

Thanks for your response!
ZvezdanD wrote:
Onweerwolf wrote:1. I was wondering where the redirections are stored. To put it another way; it's there a risk of losing them? For instance when I do a reinstall of MM or when I uninstall this script. I have 100's of tracks that I want to redirect and I would like to prevent losing the work that I'm gonna put into it.
The table with the redirections is stored in the MM database. There is a risk of losing them. When you reinstall MM it would keep the database, but there are always a risk that it could be damaged. It is highly recommended that you make a backup of your MM database on a regular basis, so when you get the database somehow corrupted or damaged you could take back the latest good one.
Thanks! I backup all my data daily and the MM.DB gets extra care. :)

Offtopic: but is the data from Inherit Child Playlists also stored in the database? I assume so, just want to make sure.
Onweerwolf wrote:2. When I select either 'Replace with duplicate from album' or 'replace with linked track' from the dropdown menu I get this error:
There is the new 3.4.2 update with fixed that bug.
Thanks, will have to check that out. I seem to have 3.4.1
Onweerwolf wrote:3. I use 'create redirection for specified tracks' to select a redirected track for a selected master. When I do so oftentimes the dialogue window will appear beneath MM's main window. Which means I have to doubleclick on the MM system tray icon to make the main window minimize and have the script dialogue appear. This is kinda annoying.
This is a problem with the program itself and I cannot do anything about it.
Okay, but do you have any more info? It doesn't happen all the time, just sometimes. Maybe it's possible to pinpoint the cause(s) and see if they can be avoided?
Onweerwolf wrote:4. could you explain the difference between these two:
The first one allows updating of the playstats of the master track when you play track(s) linked to it. The second one specify what you want to be synchronized when you use e.g. Synchronize Metadata of Redirected Tracks command.
Okay, but doesn't playstats mean playcount and play dates, so isn't it exactly the same?
Onweerwolf wrote:5. A suggestion: It takes a while for the script to find tracks with the same artist & title. Oftentimes I actually know exactly which track I want a redirection for. Therefor it would be much faster if the script had an option to simply select master track, bring up the dialogue from 'create redirections for selected tracks' without the search and then select the track that i want the redirection for.
I have planed to implement something like that in the future. In the meantime maybe you could try with the Create Redirections/Copy Metadata for Duplicates/Folders command which has different approach for creating redirections than Create Redirections for Specified Tracks.
That last command also takes a lot of time and provides a long list of songs that are not the ones that I want to link.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Onweerwolf wrote:Offtopic: but is the data from Inherit Child Playlists also stored in the database?
Yes, it is.
Onweerwolf wrote:Okay, but do you have any more info? It doesn't happen all the time, just sometimes. Maybe it's possible to pinpoint the cause(s) and see if they can be avoided?
It is not happening to me. If you could reproduce the problem, please report.
Onweerwolf wrote:Okay, but doesn't playstats mean playcount and play dates, so isn't it exactly the same?
No, it is not the same:
1. Play count and play dates are updated for different files for those two options;
2. The occasion when they are updated are different for those two options.

Please read the Usage section of the first post of this thread, it has a description about those two options.
That last command also takes a lot of time and provides a long list of songs that are not the ones that I want to link.
If you have two identical groups of duplicates in two folders and their sub-folders, you could use the mentioned dialog box with the Folders option to create links for all tracks from that group. It works recursively, no matter how many level of sub-folders they have, as long as you have identical folder structure in both groups. However, that command is mostly applicable if you have many identical tracks in two different formats (e.g. you have the same album in MP3 and FLAC).
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
SPIXX

Post by SPIXX »

How to replace lots of track duplicates based on acoustid automatically by asx links?

I attached an acoustid to all tracks of my library in custom field #1.

I regard tracks as duplicates when they have the same acoustid. As there are lots of duplicates in different compilations etc. I would like to replace all but the one with highest bit rate by asx links. Is there an option in track redirection to use the acoustid (instead of title and artist) to find the duplicates in track redirection?

If there is not, can I use "advanced duplicate find & fix" together with "create keep/ delete suggestion nodes" to find all acoustid duplicates and pass the result somehow (?) to track redirection to replace the duplicates with asx links?

Kind regards
Spix

Post by Spix »

Hi I'm new to this forum and I have a question for the "Track Redirection" Addon

I want to reduce the size of my library by replacing duplicates file with asx links.
I created an acoustid for all tracks and stored in field custom1. I consider files to be duplicate if they have identical acoustids and are about the same length (+- 5 seconds). As I understand "Track Redirection" considers files as duplicates when they have the same title and artist.

Is there a special trick to change this to use my criteria: the acoustid (and maybe the length)? It would be very helpful if I could replace lots of duplicates by asx links!

Kind regards
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Spix wrote:Is there a special trick to change this to use my criteria: the acoustid (and maybe the length)?
Sorry, there is no such trick. The files need to have the same Artist and Title or the same filename and similar structure of folders to be considered as duplicates.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Spix

Post by Spix »

Thank you for the fast response!

With "advanced duplicate find & fix" and "create keep/ delete suggestion nodes" I can find all acoustid duplicates and/ or only those I want to replace with asx links. Is there a trick to pass this result as an input to "track redirections" to solve my problem?

Kind regards
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Actually, you could create redirection for any track, even if it has different Artist/Title or filename from the master track, but you could do it only manually one at once:
- select the master track in the main filelist (e.g. the one with the highest bitrate);
- open the Create Redirections for Specified Tracks dialog box;
- select the Track from specified Album radio button;
- choose the linked (redirected) track in the File Path text box.
Spix

Post by Spix »

Thank you again for your fast and detailed answer!

Unfortunaly I have too many duplicates to do it manually one by one.

Kind regards
Onweerwolf

Re: Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4 (2012-10-08) [MM3+]

Post by Onweerwolf »

Will this addon work in MM 5?
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Onweerwolf wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:43 am Will this addon work in MM 5?
No MM4 (or earlier) add-ons work with MM5.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

Wow, really?

That's pretty bad. Guess I won't be getting MM5 then.
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

So, is there realistically any reason to assume this will be ported to MM5 or replaced with a working alternative?

I'd like to try MM5 put it would be pointless without this dealbreaker add-on for me.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Onweerwolf wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:48 am So, is there realistically any reason to assume this will be ported to MM5 or replaced with a working alternative?
Here is a quote from the website (linked to in my signature)

"Compatibility

This add-on doesn't work with MediaMonkey v5! No add-on made for a previous version of the program will work with MM5, either by me or any other author, since MM5 has completely different programming interface than before. Which means that all MM4 add-ons have to be rewritten for MM5 from scratch.

If you really like my add-on and think that it is essential for your work with the program, you should stay with MM4. Or you could wait for me to port the add-on to MM5, but my interest for that depends only on donations."

You are not alone in your sentiment. Many of us feel the way you do about a few of the authors add-ons. I want to try 5
someday but will not have much regular use for it unless some add-ons are ported to it.

I don't have much of a need for this one in particular, so my interest in it is considerably lower than others.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

So, maybe the author can tell us what it would take for him to port this in terms of donations? :D
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

Hey
ZvezdanD wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:34 pm

What would it take for you to port this add-on to MM5?

To be clear: the only thing that I really want is the ability to combine two or more identical tracks from different releases in terms of playcount and last played information and maybe some of the tags (like genre).

I don't need the .asx files functionality.

So like this: