Last.fm Scrobbler help

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

loubat

Re: Last.fm Scrobbler help

Post by loubat »

Just as an FYI, mine (seemingly) randomly started working again. Still using 4.1.14.1813, nothing has changed on my end. It looks like last.fm may have had an update to their API a month or so ago, but don't quote me on that. They did release some changes, as evidenced by all the complaining in their forums that they didn't actually fix anything that anyone actually cared about. But maybe it fixed my problem, whatever it was. *shrugs* Annoying, I know. :roll:
Peke

Post by Peke »

I know it is no problem that we fix something on our end but whenever we even try to do something, it just starts to work again for no reason like it was started not working.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
julesc

Last.fm Scrobbler 1.1.0.41

Post by julesc »

I'm trying to get the scrobbler working but without luck. I can play and scrobble without difficulty through Winamp but nothing seems to work with the Mediamonkey add-on. I have tried clearing the cache, deleting the files in the Roaming/App file and reinstalling but nothing doing. At one stage it was scrobbling to the cache but at handshake stage I was getting a 'bad time clock' message (although the clock was fine and working with Winamp). Any help greatly appreciated.
rachaelc1878

Post by rachaelc1878 »

About 3 days ago MediaMonkey stopped scrobbling to last.fm. No idea why and I have no idea how to fix it. Any help would be great.
Forcen

Post by Forcen »

Is it green for enable, red for disable and yellow for cache? I think this is it based on how the setting changes but not sure...
If it is like a traffic light then it makes sense but the normal last.fm logo is red.
EDIT: looks like it's explained in the service status in settings.
loubat

Post by loubat »

Forcen wrote:Is it green for enable, red for disable and yellow for cache? I think this is it based on how the setting changes but not sure...
If it is like a traffic light then it makes sense but the normal last.fm logo is red.
EDIT: looks like it's explained in the service status in settings.
lol, yeah the red logo messed with my brain too. But you're right, it's like a traffic light. Green for go, Yellow for cache, Red for stop.
sn0skier

Post by sn0skier »

I was having a problem where tracks were being cahced but not submitted. I had the same debug error as user Khazidhea:
Khazidhea wrote:Hi,

Events: Destroying TScriptExec: C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\!LastFM.Options.vbs
I solved the problem by uninstalling the Extension, closing MediaMonkey, running MediaMonkey as administrator, reinstalling the extension without the "Only install for current user" option. This solved my problem (and I was even able to use the old LastFM_Cache file in the new install to scrobble the tracks that didn't get scrobbled from before).

A simple uninstall and reinstall did not work, but it's possible I uninstalled incorrectly, so it might work for someone else.
last.fm signatures don't work anymore, which is sad. Any easy replacement?
Galdoran

Post by Galdoran »

June 8/2017 - This same issue started happening to me as well: Scrobbling seemed to have stopped.
Scrobbling from my iPhone app works and updates my profile as always, but not with MM any more.

MediaMonkey 4.1.16.1836 / Last.fm Scrobbler 1.1.0.41

Service staus: Failed (cached Track)
Tracks scrobbled: 0/0
Now Playing shared: 0/0
Tracks cached: 171

Pressing the Clean Cache button doesn't seem to do anything.

Checked that the icon status is Green.
Tried switching to Yellow for a song or two:
Service staus: OK (cached Track)
then back to Green to see if it would submit, but same Failed status.

Tried lower case Username as suggested in earlier posts.
Tried changing Last.FM password.

Tried the re-install process that sn0skier said worked for him.

Anyone got any other suggestions?
Stigg

Try Last.fm Scrobbler 1.0.2.29

Post by Stigg »

To those having problems, try Last.fm Scrobbler 1.0.2.29.
I still use 1.0.2.29 to this day without any problems as I was always having problems with 1.1.0.41.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1.1.0.41 has been working well here. My problem has been on Android, but it seems last.fm is rejecting scrobbles there on occasion.
Galdoran

Post by Galdoran »

[SOLVED]
Downgraded to 1.0.2.29 per Stigg's suggestion, but still wasn't submitting scrobbles - just caching.
But with 1.0.2.29 there is a log file that indicated an error: Handshake Bad System Clock Time
Searched back through forums and found a couple references regarding this error, one suggested changing the Short Date format (Win 7) - tried that but still not the solution.
So, then noticed that my system clock time was 2 minutes faster than another system in my office.

Re-synched Internet Time with time.nist.gov and ... TA-DA!
All cached tracks submitted and everthing is now updating and scrobbling properly!
Re-installed 1.1.0.41 and it is working fine as well, so not really a version problem, except for the lack of a clear error indication in 1.1.0.41.

So, I'm guessing that my system time glitched out while trying to synch overnight on June 8 (as it was previously scrobbling fine June 7)
Jlexa

Post by Jlexa »

Hi! Greetings from Russia. I would like to apologize in advance for my English. I hope that you will correctly understand me. I'm an old MediaMonkey user.
I ran into several problems related to the work of the plugin.
1. Periodically I notice that plugin scrobbles not all songs that I play. Scrobbler for some reason skips one random separate song, but not two in a row. I've noticed this since I started to keep statistics of my plays using AlbumPlays.
Offline mode helps me out giving an opportunity to cache played tracks. Thus scrobbling is performed on 100%, however...
2. When I send cached tracks to Last.fm, then some songs including such symbols as ä, å, ø and so on in their titles, aren't displayed correctly.
I use the latest version of the player and plugin. I listen to music on two computers. On one of them is installed Windows 7 and Windows 8 on the other. The problem is observed when listening from both computers. The problem occurs when listening from both computers.
Is there any solution to this problem?
I hope I'm not the only one who ran into this.
Thank you for attention. :D
Jlexa

Post by Jlexa »

When I submit cached tracks to Last.fm, then some songs including such symbols as ä, å, ø in their titles, aren't displayed correctly on my Last.fm profile. Is there any solution to this problem? I hope I'm not the only one who ran into this. Thank you for attention.
soulpatchguy

Post by soulpatchguy »

I just noticed that Media Monkey stopped scrobbling to Last.fm on January 6, 2018. I haven't changed any settings although on that day I connected Last.fm for Android to my account and the last songs scrobbled were from my phone, not Media Monkey on my computer. It says Service status: Submission enabled. I tried disconnecting Last.fm for Android but that didn't help. The last day Media Monkey on my computer scrobbled was Nov 17, 2017.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
What do you see in Last.fm Log file? I do not have such issue as seen from profile in my signature.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts