Last.fm Scrobbler help

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

handcartbwoy

Re: Last.fm Scrobbler help

Post by handcartbwoy »

Are there any limitations for my Last.fm password when I use this plugin? I used a 16 character password with special characters and it didn't work. Now I use a 15 character password without special characters and it works perfectly.
justinius23

Post by justinius23 »

to whoever came up with installing the winamp plugin into mediamonkey's plugins - kudos good sir.
GammaScorpii

Post by GammaScorpii »

Is anyone else having issues with MM 4.1.8 on Windows 10?

This is what I see in the config:

Is there a log file somewhere I can check to see why it's not submitting?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

GammaScorpii wrote:Is anyone else having issues with MM 4.1.8 on Windows 10?

This is what I see in the config:

Is there a log file somewhere I can check to see why it's not submitting?
It looks like you have the scrobbler set to cache mode. Do you see the last.fm toolbar button? What color is it?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
GammaScorpii

Post by GammaScorpii »

The colour is green. I can cycle through all the colours and each time the mode changes under "Service status". I went back to green and now it just says "Failed (cached track)".

Would it have anything to do with me setting windows to use UTC time with RealTimeIsUniversal in the registry? I wouldn't have thought so since I used this same setting on Windows 7 and it worked there.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

GammaScorpii wrote:The colour is green. I can cycle through all the colours and each time the mode changes under "Service status". I went back to green and now it just says "Failed (cached track)".

Would it have anything to do with me setting windows to use UTC time with RealTimeIsUniversal in the registry? I wouldn't have thought so since I used this same setting on Windows 7 and it worked there.
Yes. Last.fm will reject scrobbles sent with wrong/non-local time.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
GammaScorpii

Post by GammaScorpii »

nohitter151 wrote:
GammaScorpii wrote:The colour is green. I can cycle through all the colours and each time the mode changes under "Service status". I went back to green and now it just says "Failed (cached track)".

Yes. Last.fm will reject scrobbles sent with wrong/non-local time.
Just removed it and I still can't get it to submit. :(

Just says "Submission enabled" but then changes to Failed. Tracks are always 0/0.

I've tried installing on my other PC (also Windows 10) and I get the same error. Both by installing for all users and current user. On Windows 7 it worked fine.
GammaScorpii

Post by GammaScorpii »

Anyone have it working on Windows 10? Now I have over 1000 tracks cached but submitting fails.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

It's working fine for me on Windows 10. Sorry, I know that does not help your situation.
--
The gpzbc
GammaScorpii

Post by GammaScorpii »

gpzbc wrote:It's working fine for me on Windows 10. Sorry, I know that does not help your situation.
All good, it actually does knowing its something specific to me.

Is there a Windows service that is failing to start I wonder? Anyone know what I should be looking for in the way of logs/service names?
dypsis

Re: Last.fm RSS Support

Post by dypsis »

As a side issue...
Does anyone know if or when Last.fm will re-implement RSS support? :(
roulette_russe

Post by roulette_russe »

Hi, I managed to fix a problem with the Last.fm plugin. It refused to scrobble no matter how many times I reinstalled it. Then I logged into Last.fm and changed my password so that it wouldn't include any Icelandic characters. I did the same in Media Monkey and then suddenly scrobbles were sent.
So if Media Monkey isn't scrobbling try changing your password so that it doesn't include special characters like Icelandic, Korean, Georgian etc. :)
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Good to know! Thanks.
--
The gpzbc
Khazidhea

Post by Khazidhea »

Hi,

I'm using MediaMonkey 4.1.9.1764, Windows 7, and the Last.FM scrobbler hasn't been working recently. The last track scrobbled was on the 17th of August, and as far as I can remember I've made no system changes. I've tried reinstalling the plugin, enabling/disabling all the different scrobbling options, used all filters (except for music), or no filters at all, etc.

I'm not quite up with log capturing, but using dbgview can see the following (can post whole log if needed, this seemed to be only relevant line that I could see):
Events: Destroying TScriptExec: C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\!LastFM.Options.vbs

If you're able to help in anyway that would be appreciated.
nonob

Post by nonob »

Hi :)

I just discover that my lastfm addon on my MMW seems to scrobble tracks read from UPNP client too.

Can you confirm that ?
Is there a way to exclude upnp client scrobbling, and better, by device ?

Thanks
Website "Le Geek du Cerisier" : MediaMonkey
MMW on desktop PC: Windows 10, MB MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C91) (AM4), CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics 3.90 GHz, RAM DDR4 16 GB, SSD M.2 SK-Hynix SSS0L24765 512 GB (C:), 3,5" Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 1 To (D:)
MMA on 4 Android devices - MMW5 gold in test... - MMW4 gold used for years (with extensions: AdvancedReport, Album Art Tagger, CustomFieldsTagger, Custom Report, Discogs Tagger, French translation, GenreFinder, Last.fm Scrobbler, Lyricator, MM codec pack Trial, MusicBrainz Tagger, MusicIPTagger, RegExpFind and Replace, Tagging inconsistencies)