New to Media Monkey and Album Art Tagger

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

amk8789

New to Media Monkey and Album Art Tagger

Post by amk8789 »

I recently bought a sony x-series walkman to replace my old ipod 3rd gen nano. Songs are working fine but no album art is showing up. I have already downloaded Media Monkey and the Art Album Tagger. I have got album art for all the songs and they are saved as folder.jpg in the album folder. Now I need some assistance in getting the artwork embedded into the mp3 file. I really don't know how to use the album art tagger and what option or options to choose to embed the artwork.
Can someone please explain what i need to do and how to use the program so that my album artwork is embedded and will show up on my new walkman???????

amk8789

P.S. What is a script???????????
trixmoto

Re: New to Media Monkey and Album Art Tagger

Post by trixmoto »

A script is a type of "extension", normally deployed in a MediaMonkey Installation Package (.mmip) file. They added additional functionality to the program which can include tree nodes, toolbar buttons, menu items, panels, and much much more, depending on the script.

To achieve your goal with "Album Art Tagger" you need to select process 2 - "Embed artwork (copy from mask to tag)" and use the mask "<path>\folder" with the filetype "JPG" in the file - this will find all "folder.jpg" images in album folders. By the sounds of it you'll want the "Embed in tag" option in the dropdown to make sure the images are stored internally, and possibly tick the "Add tags at the beginning" option to make sure they are the first image tag.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Trix.
Is this the right script for the OP to be using?

Doesn't this script essentially extract album art? I guess I have missed something? :-?
This script extracts the album art in the tags of the selected tracks, and creates external images of them based on the FileMask variable you must specify in the script.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

OP? This script originally extract artwork but now there are 14 different processes which do a variety of extracting, embedding, deleting and renaming actions.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
steve_c

Post by steve_c »

May I add a supplementary? Can this script be used in a hierarchy of folders (organized as <Artist>\>Album>) to do: where "folder.jpg" exists in the Album folder, rename it to "Folder.jpg" (and don't care whether the file already exists). My ripping software used folder.jpg, but now I want to use a hardware/software combination that insists on the capital F (Linn). Thanks!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

<path> represents the album folder, regardless of the folder structure. I don't know if you can rename straight from "folder.jpg" to "Folder.jpg" but give it a go using process 13 and let me know! :)