Song Information Panel v2.0 (2009-09-19) [MM3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

k_r_eriksson

Song Information Panel v2.0 (2009-09-19) [MM3]

Post by k_r_eriksson »

Description:
Song Information is a panel that show tags of a song. You can choice which fields to display. It is based on Lyrics and Comment Viewer v2.1 by Gege, how gave me permission to use his code and also uses MonkeyRok's localization and theme/language file auto-discovering functions, with permission of his author, trixmoto. Thank you both for code and help (I've been studing your scripts to learn!) This is my first script. What a feeling! And no I'm not dancing!

Icons made by DreadM. Thank You!
French translation by Eyal. Merci beaucoup!

Version 2 with multiple panels

Screenshots:

This is the spotify skin with 2 SI panels

Settings

Set a panel

Download:
Version 2.0
SongInformation.mmip

Version 1.6
SongInformation.mmip

What is new:
v2.0: September 19, 2009
- Added Support for up to 10 different panels.
- Changed: Complete rewrite of the settings page.

v1.6: September 2, 2009
- Fixed: Problem with involved people not following mask "role1:person1;role2;person2"
- Fixed: Problem with track volume and album volume showing wrong value
- Changed: Made Now playing/selected track link optional. Works great with Spotify skin.

v1.5: August 27, 2009
- Changed: Now playing/selected track link
- Added: French translation by Eyal. Merci beaucoup!

v1.4: August 23, 2009
- Added: Choose between now playing and selected track. Thanks to onenonymous!!!
- Fixed: Playlists are now listed alphabetically.

v1.3: August 22, 2009
- Added Support for playlists.

v1.2: August 19, 2009
- Added: SI icon to the main toolbar. Icons made by DreadM. Thank You!

v1.1: August 12, 2009
- Fixed: Spelling in the English language file.
- Changed: Year to date. Now the complete date is shown.
- Changed: Date is shown even is album name isn't.
- Changed: Original year to original date. Now the complete original date is shown.
- Fixed: Grouping not showing as it should.
- Fixed: Showing track not in the database
- Added support for viewing new statistical tags. Track id, track modified, ISRC number, track volume and album volume.
- Added support for viewing file tags. File path, media id, media serial number and file modified.

v1.0: August 10, 2009
- Added support for viewing basic tags. Title, Artist, Album, Year, Album Artist, Genre, Publisher and Composer/Lyricist.
- Added support for viewing classical music tags. Grouping, Involved People and Conductor.
- Involved People formatted like role1:person1;role2:person2 is displayed as "Role1: Person1 /New line/ Role2: Person2"
- Added support for optional spliters in Involved People. No need to use ";" and ":".
- Added support for viewing original recording tags. Original Artist, Original Album, Original Year and Original Lyricist.
- Added support for viewing personal tags. Custom 1, Custom 2, Custom 3, Custom 4 and Custom 5.
- Added support for viewing classification tags. Tempo, mood, occasion and quality.
- Added support for viewing statistical tags. Length, Rating, Disc#, Bitrate, Type, BPM, Play Counter, Last Played, Date Added.
- Disc# is formatted as Disc#/Total number of disc
- Added support for visual themes (skins), using external CSS file. All skins for Lyric Viewer works with Song Information. Just copy to SongInformation folder insted of LyricsViewer.
- Added Old School skin by DiddeLeeDoo
- Added Glided (Default) skin by Gege
- Added Agora skin by nynaevelan. For DreadM's Agora Skin (http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=31546).
- Added Blue Quote skin by Gege
- Added Blue Quote Lite skin by Gege
- Added Eclipse skin by DreadM (http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28030).
- Added Forum skin by Gege
- Added High Contrast skin by Gege
- Added Glided Ionized skin by DreadM (http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=36851).
- Added Sansa skin by DredM and Gege (http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=28824).
- Added Songbird skin by magicalpig (http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28181).
- Added Stars skin by Gege
- Added support for multiple languages, using trixmoto's code from MonkeyRok.
- Added Option sheets, where it's possible to choose Language and Theme, as well as what fields should be shown in panel.
- Multiple fields formatting: "Value1;Value2;Value3" is displayed as "Value1, Value2 & Value3". Works in tags Artist, Album Artist, Genre and Composer/Lyricist.
- Added support for borderless mode, thanks to a trick by ZvezdanD (http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 38#p189038).
- Created MMIP Installation Pack.

Installation:
Just double click on the SongInformation.mmip file; if you are on Vista make sure you have MM3 set to "Run as Administrator"; if you downloaded the installation package with IE7 and it changed its extension to a .zip, you should first change it back to a .mmip.
Last edited by k_r_eriksson on Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:22 pm, edited 10 times in total.
nynaevelan

Re: Song Information Panel v1.0 (2009-08-10) [MM3]

Post by nynaevelan »

This looks pretty impressive, I will definately give it a try. I have one question and one observation:

Question: Is it possible for you to add the track volume, album volume, songid, file modified, track modified, filename, idmedia, and serial number fields as choices?

Observation: You have split spelled as splite on one of the option sheets.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Kynotzib

Post by Kynotzib »

Hey

Like the script, works great.

I found a problem
Grouping does not work when selected
i checked the code. This is what is in the file

Code: Select all

If ShowGrouping = True Then
      If Not Sng.OriginalLyricist = "" Then
        Doc.Add "             <span class=""grouping"">" & Sng.Grouping & "<br /></span>"
        ShowSeparator = True
      End If
    End If
I believe it should be

If ShowGrouping = True Then
      If Not Sng.Grouping = "" Then
        Doc.Add "             <span class=""grouping"">" & Sng.Grouping & "<br /></span>"
        ShowSeparator = True
      End If
    End If
I also have a couple of suggestions
1. Could you change or add "date" instead of just the year
2. Also could you make it possible to show the date even if the album is not shown

Thanx
Kyno
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

How do you get the script to recognize third party skins that were not made with the MonkeyRok or LyricsViewer script?

Nyn

Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Firstly, minor curiosity... but shouldn't you close the span before the break?

Secondly, I'd wager this will make some people miss MoDementia's "Custom Properties Panel."
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Mizery_Made wrote:
Secondly, I'd wager this will make some people miss MoDementia's "Custom Properties Panel."
I'm sure it will, but unfortunately MoD is not delivering it anymore and this does offer some of the functionality of the Custom Properties Panel for those who were not fortunate enough to get it before MoDementia removed it. :wink:

k_r_eriksson

Post by k_r_eriksson »

nynaevelan wrote:Question: Is it possible for you to add the track volume, album volume, songid, file modified, track modified, filename, idmedia, and serial number fields as choices?
I'll put it on the todo-list. :)
Kynotzib wrote:I also have a couple of suggestions
1. Could you change or add "date" instead of just the year
2. Also could you make it possible to show the date even if the album is not shown
I'll put it on the todo-list :)
Mizery_Made wrote:Firstly, minor curiosity... but shouldn't you close the span before the break?

You can close the span but it's no fun :wink:.

What did "Custom Properties Panel" do? I've never used that script.
Last edited by k_r_eriksson on Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
k_r_eriksson

Post by k_r_eriksson »

nynaevelan wrote:How do you get the script to recognize third party skins that were not made with the MonkeyRok or LyricsViewer script?

Nyn
I'm not sure I understand what you mean but the skins are located in a theme folder /scripts/SongInformation/themes/. The skin is a css file. To make your own skin you'll have to make a css file and put in a folder. Edit one of the exciting css files is the easiest way. Name the folder with your skins name. Put the folder in /scripts/SongInformation/themes/. Now you can use your skin. Skins made for Lyrics Viewer works with Song Information. You just have to copy the skins folder to /scripts/SongInformation/themes/.

If you mean that you want a skin for Song Information for a MM skin that hasn't got a skin for MonkeyRok or LyricsViewer then that isn't possible before someone makes the skin css file.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

k_r_eriksson wrote:
nynaevelan wrote:How do you get the script to recognize third party skins that were not made with the MonkeyRok or LyricsViewer script?

Nyn
I'm not sure I understand what you mean but the skins are located in a theme folder /scripts/SongInformation/themes/. The skin is a css file. To make your own skin you'll have to make a css file and put in a folder. Edit one of the exciting css files is the easiest way. Name the folder with your skins name. Put the folder in /scripts/SongInformation/themes/. Now you can use your skin. Skins made for Lyrics Viewer works with Song Information. You just have to copy the skins folder to /scripts/SongInformation/themes/.

If you mean that you want a skin for Song Information for a MM skin that hasn't got a skin for MonkeyRok or LyricsViewer then that isn't possible before someone makes the skin css file.
Thanks I was thinking it was like a couple other scripts which I use that points to the MR folder, but I can copy them over, that is not a problem.

Nyn

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

k_r_eriksson wrote:
What did "Custom Properties Panel" do? I've never used that script.
It had a panel similar to yours but it allowed the user to pick and choose which fields were on which panel. It also has a panel for Static Playlists which shows the existing playlists based on the Now Playing or Selected track. It also allows the user to edit tracks in the Panel. Here is a screen print of the Playlist panel as well as one of my custom panels:

k_r_eriksson

Post by k_r_eriksson »

nynaevelan wrote:
k_r_eriksson wrote:

Nyn

Thanks I was thinking it was like a couple other scripts which I use that points to the MR folder, but I can copy them over, that is not a problem.

Nyn
MR skins won't work only Lyrics and Comment Viewer skins.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

I figured that out all by myself :lol: :lol:

k_r_eriksson

Re: Song Information Panel v1.1 (2009-08-12) [MM3]

Post by k_r_eriksson »

New version!

v1.1: August 12, 2009
- Fixed: Spelling in the English language file.
- Changed: Year to date. Now the complete date is shown.
- Changed: Date is shown even is album name isn't.
- Changed: Original year to original date. Now the complete original date is shown.
- Fixed: Grouping not showing as it should.
- Fixed: Showing track not in the database
- Added support for viewing new statistical tags. Track id, track modified, ISRC number, track volume and album volume.
- Added support for viewing file tags. File path, media id, media serial number and file modified.

New screenshots in the first post.
Downloadlink in the fist post.

/k_r_eriksson
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Nice information panel, k_r_eriksson.

What attracts my attention most is the skinning possibilities. Interestingly, since the script is based on LyricsViewer, it would be nice to avoid unnecessary duplication. Since both scripts use same CSS themes, it might be better to use same skins.

(v1.1) By changing line 203 from:

themePath=Replace("file:///" & SDB.ApplicationPath & "Scripts\SongInformation\themes\" & cssTheme & "\style.css", "\", "/")
to:

themePath=Replace("file:///" & SDB.ApplicationPath & "Scripts\LyricsViewer\themes\" & cssTheme & "\style.css", "\", "/")
and line 1738 to:

Dim f : Set f = fso.GetFolder(Left(Script.ScriptPath,i)&"..\LyricsViewer\themes\")
your script will use all installed skins for LyricsViewer.

I dont think it's big deal for users that don't need LyricsViewer script. They just never activate it. They may even don't need to install it, only download LV skins. It's lot easier than browsing computer to copy files. And for skinners it saves distribution files.

Thanks

Eyal :~)
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
k_r_eriksson

Post by k_r_eriksson »

Eyal wrote:Nice information panel, k_r_eriksson.

What attracts my attention most is the skinning possibilities. Interestingly, since the script is based on LyricsViewer, it would be nice to avoid unnecessary duplication. Since both scripts use same CSS themes, it might be better to use same skins.

(v1.1) By changing line 203 from:

themePath=Replace("file:///" & SDB.ApplicationPath & "Scripts\SongInformation\themes\" & cssTheme & "\style.css", "\", "/")
to:

themePath=Replace("file:///" & SDB.ApplicationPath & "Scripts\LyricsViewer\themes\" & cssTheme & "\style.css", "\", "/")
and line 1738 to:

Dim f : Set f = fso.GetFolder(Left(Script.ScriptPath,i)&"..\LyricsViewer\themes\")
your script will use all installed skins for LyricsViewer.

I dont think it's big deal for users that don't need LyricsViewer script. They just never activate it. They may even don't need to install it, only download LV skins. It's lot easier than browsing computer to copy files. And for skinners it saves distribution files.

Thanks

Eyal :~)
I have thought about this alot. I've have plans that will make it impossible to use Lyrics Viewer skins but before that I can make the changes you suggest. The changes will probably take a while.