Song Information Panel v2.0 (2009-09-19) [MM3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

hintergrundrauschen

Re: Song Information Panel v2.0 (2009-09-19) [MM3]

Post by hintergrundrauschen »

Despite some noted differences in the discussion before why not team up with MonkeyRok? IMHO the arguments are compelling: Song Information Panel could be one of several (existing and future) panels within MR. Actually both use one or more possibly different looking panels to display extended information on the currently playing or selected song. That way the user could simply choose what to display within the common pane. Even though other panels in MR get information from Last.fm, the first panel of MR serves the same puspose as Song Information Panel, only in a much more limited way. Actually, I edited the code and html sheet of MR to habe some of the configurable information on the song from MM's database displayed nicer than in the predefined standard version: genre, publisher, original date and so on. It's information from the DB about the song being played displayed in a pane! :)

BTW: I even tested getting top tags and "# of plays" info from Last.fm and displaying it in MR (splitting top tags into genre, mood, occasion by whitelists). What I mean is: to me it's basically irrelevant if e.g. genre information about the current song comes from MM's DB or Last.fm. It's information about the song being played displayed in a pane... :wink:
Claude
k_r_eriksson

Post by k_r_eriksson »

nynaevelan wrote:KR:

Would it be too much trouble to add the Medias.Label to the File Tags section?
No. I'll add it when I get the time to do an update. To much to do at work.
k_r_eriksson

Post by k_r_eriksson »

hintergrundrauschen wrote:Despite some noted differences in the discussion before why not team up with MonkeyRok? IMHO the arguments are compelling: Song Information Panel could be one of several (existing and future) panels within MR. Actually both use one or more possibly different looking panels to display extended information on the currently playing or selected song. That way the user could simply choose what to display within the common pane. Even though other panels in MR get information from Last.fm, the first panel of MR serves the same puspose as Song Information Panel, only in a much more limited way. Actually, I edited the code and html sheet of MR to habe some of the configurable information on the song from MM's database displayed nicer than in the predefined standard version: genre, publisher, original date and so on. It's information from the DB about the song being played displayed in a pane! :)

BTW: I even tested getting top tags and "# of plays" info from Last.fm and displaying it in MR (splitting top tags into genre, mood, occasion by whitelists). What I mean is: to me it's basically irrelevant if e.g. genre information about the current song comes from MM's DB or Last.fm. It's information about the song being played displayed in a pane... :wink:
Song Information Panel will never be a part of MonkeyRok. MR is a great script and trixmoto may add more information in the future but MR is MR and SI is SI.

For me it's relevant if the information comes from the DB or from the web. SI will always only display information from the DB.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

k_r_eriksson wrote:
nynaevelan wrote:KR:

Would it be too much trouble to add the Medias.Label to the File Tags section?
No. I'll add it when I get the time to do an update. To much to do at work.
Thank you and I am in no rush. :D :wink:
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
hintergrundrauschen

Post by hintergrundrauschen »

k_r_eriksson wrote:Song Information Panel will never be a part of MonkeyRok. MR is a great script and trixmoto may add more information in the future but MR is MR and SI is SI.

For me it's relevant if the information comes from the DB or from the web. SI will always only display information from the DB.
Sorry, I was just making a suggestion because I like the functionality :o

Just to clarify: I didn't say SI should become like MR and get information from the web. My point was that MR's first pane serves the same purpose as SI. If you switch off all other panes in MR... well, it's a pity to invent the wheel twice :P Your work would be a great improvement of that. But that's only my pov.
Claude
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Is there a way if SIP has panel(s) closed when MM closes for it to retain this state when MM is re-opened?

gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Very nice! Thank you! MonkeyRok always felt like overkill to me. I think this will serve my needs quite nicely. :D
--
The gpzbc
fannya76

Post by fannya76 »

Hi,

I don't know if you still work on your (very nice) add-on :)

Would it be possible to add the "comment" tag ?

Thanks
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

nynaevelan wrote:Is there a way if SIP has panel(s) closed when MM closes for it to retain this state when MM is re-opened?
I don't know if this is related but I've just noticed something.

I have mine set to display the currently playing song (makes sense) but when the song is over it will revert to a different song if the panel is clicked. Should it not stay on the last song played until a new one starts?

Edit: The song it reverts to is whatever is first in the song listing (not the playlist).
Stop Button Freak
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

I find that when something isn't playing, it's not the first track in the list that it displays the info for, but simply whatever track is highlighted (which if you go to a tree node, would be the track at the top by default).
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Ah, that makes sense. That's probably what it does for me as well.
Stop Button Freak
debu

Post by debu »

This won't install on the latest MM 3.2.1287 build for me. I've tried the copy I had on my hard drive and re-downloaded it as well. No luck :(
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Right click on the file and select open with, associate the mmip to the mediamonkey.exe and then you should be able to install.

k_r_eriksson

Post by k_r_eriksson »

I will no longer update this add-on. It is free for anyone to update it or edit it.

/KRE
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Awww ....... well, one has to do what one has to do ..... :)
Stop Button Freak