Monkey Server 0.97 (2011-04-10) [MM3] w/Squeezebox Support

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

doormatt

Re: Monkey Server 0.95 (2010-05-21) [MM3] w/Remote Control

Post by doormatt » Sun May 23, 2010 5:59 am

jednie,
Actually I have been starting Monkey Server with ADMIN privilege, if I don't it will not start. I am running WIN7 Home Premium.
matt

jednie

Post by jednie » Sun May 23, 2010 6:56 am

matt,

I just released a fixed that adds a new setting to the Settings form call MediaMonkey Application. Restart Monkey Server to get this fix. Make sure this is set to the correct location of the MediaMonkey.exe file.

BTW, I am planning on creating a new smaller interface that works better with mobile devices. I think this will work out nicely for people who want to remote control MediaMonkey from their phone. Look for this in the next couple of releases.

jednie

doormatt

Post by doormatt » Sun May 23, 2010 6:01 pm

jednie,
That worked! , Now I can remotely launch MM and add to PLAYLIST, CLEAR PLAYLIST etc...Problem is that when Monkey Server launches MM, all tracks are greyed out and cannot be played. If I close MM and re-start manually, tracks are playable, but Monkey Server cannot see. My mp3s are stored on a mapped network drive, if that makes a difference.
thanks,
matt

jednie

Post by jednie » Sun May 23, 2010 6:38 pm

Matt,

I wonder if this is a UAC issue. Is it possible for you to turn it off as a test and see if it works correctly. I am not suggesting that you keep it off but it would be helpful for me to know if this is causing a problem for you.
doormatt wrote:If I close MM and re-start manually, tracks are playable, but Monkey Server cannot see
What to you mean when you say Monkey Server cannot see? Are you getting an error message?
doormatt wrote:My mp3s are stored on a mapped network drive, if that makes a difference.

I am not sure how mapped drives are handled with UAC. It may be that when you run Monkey Server as admin it doesn't have access to the same mapped drives that the non-admin has. You may be able to get around this by using UNC instead of mapped drives.

Thanks for helping me trouble-shoot this as I am sure others are having similar issues.

jednie

doormatt

Post by doormatt » Tue May 25, 2010 7:06 pm

jednie,
Turning OFF UAC on the server machine seems to have solved the problem! I am now able to remote control the server. Only problem I have now that I cannot add single songs to the playlist, but I can add albums and artists. So the "remote functions" are working in the Artist and Album column, but not the song column.
matt

jednie

Post by jednie » Wed May 26, 2010 4:50 am

matt,

I have released a fix for the problem with playing a single song remotely. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I will try to have a fix for the UAC problem in the next release.

Thanks,
jednie

doormatt

Post by doormatt » Fri May 28, 2010 10:56 am

jednie,
Got the update and I am now able to play single songs. Thanks.

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:01 pm

I am getting the following error message when selecting the Remote option. The server machine is running Windows 7 64bit Home Premium with UAC turned off, The client machine is running Windows XP:

Code: Select all

An error has occurred. 

System.Exception: Unable to start MediaMonkey application. This feature requires MediaMonkey to be installed on the same PC that is running Monkey Server.

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80080005): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {148F7BB6-4943-4C53-8E30-0F9115D30283} failed due to the following error: 80080005.
at MonkeyServer.MediaMonkey.GetMediaMonkeyApp(Boolean keepOpen)
at MonkeyServer.MediaMonkey.GetMediaMonkeyApp(Boolean keepOpen)
at MonkeyServer.MediaMonkey.GetNowPlayingList(Int32& SongCount, Int32 firstSong, Int32 SongsPerPage)
at MonkeyServer.Page.DisplayData()
at MonkeyServer.Page.ProcessRequest(Request& theRequest, Response& theResponse, Permissions thePermissions)
at MonkeyServer.ServerConnection.HandleRequest()
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files

jednie

Post by jednie » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:53 pm

nynaevelan,
nynaevelan wrote:I am getting the following error message when selecting the Remote option. The server machine is running Windows 7 64bit Home Premium with UAC turned off, The client machine is running Windows XP:
It is likely some sort of permission problem. Does the user account that you are logged in as have administrator permission on the PC? Can you try right-clicking on the Monkey Server icon and selecting "Run as administrator"? If this doesn't work can you check the event viewer and see if there is anything in the logs that give a clue as to what is happening.

Thanks,
jednie

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:28 am

Hi Jedine:

I do not know which one fixed it but when I set both MM and MonkeyServer to run as an administrator it fixed the problem, thanks. And as a side note I am loving the latest version. :)

netphoenix

Post by netphoenix » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:29 am

This baby is really coming along nicely. I would love a template/method that I could use on my iphone. My use wouldn't involve as much playback, as it would getting an answer to the question "do I have ....... in my library???" :)

As far as the current version, I really can't complain. It works & it's slick. But of course I have two "wishlist items".

1) For me, the "cloud" does nothing. I don't use "moods" or "occasions" as of yet. So I'd rather see a tab for Genre's.

2) I've taken advantage of the Conductor and Composer Field's multiple entry capabilities. An additional config entry might be to select the multi-entry fields that we also want drop-down or display screens on. For example, I use "Conductor" as a "styles" field, keeping with the allmusic.com methods of identifying genre's. Yeah, it can get complicated because I would then want to further identify whether this field is being used as a "sub" to a primary tab. (i.e. Genre display allows me to refine it to a specific Style [Conductor Field entries].

I like being able to remotely control playback - great feature when we're at our computers and want to control our music without getting up from our PCs. My home stereo is a laptop computer with a MM library of over 120,000 songs. I'm very satisfied with performance on a database of this size.

Thanks Again for a great program!
-Chris

rogerr

Post by rogerr » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:40 am

I second the need for Genre. I don't use Mood or Occasions either. The cloud should be optional to save screen real estate.

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:42 am

I would like to add a wishlist request also. I would like the ability to Play Next, Play Last when using the Local Play feature. Unless I am missing it, I do not know if it is possible to select single songs when playing locally.

jednie

Post by jednie » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:47 pm

netphoenix wrote: I would love a template/method that I could use on my iphone. My use wouldn't involve as much playback, as it would getting an answer to the question "do I have ....... in my library???" :)
I will try to include a first version of a mobile template in the next release. It will likely be a scaled down version that includes all data in a single column so there won't be any horizontal scrolling needed. The way it will likely work is that you will pick the template that you want to use on the login page and it will save a cookie to your browser so that the next time you login it will remember your previous setting.
netphoenix wrote:
1) For me, the "cloud" does nothing. I don't use "moods" or "occasions" as of yet. So I'd rather see a tab for Genre's.
I hadn't thought of this before. I can see this tab containing a listing of all that genre's that meet the search criteria with columns called Artist, Songs, Albums that include a count of each item that includes this genre. Is this what you have in mind?
netphoenix wrote:
2) I've taken advantage of the Conductor and Composer Field's multiple entry capabilities. An additional config entry might be to select the multi-entry fields that we also want drop-down or display screens on. For example, I use "Conductor" as a "styles" field, keeping with the allmusic.com methods of identifying genre's. Yeah, it can get complicated because I would then want to further identify whether this field is being used as a "sub" to a primary tab. (i.e. Genre display allows me to refine it to a specific Style [Conductor Field entries].
I am not sure that I understand what you have in mind here. Are you thinking that a tab will be used to define the category and a cloud will be used to define a sub-category?
netphoenix wrote:
I like being able to remotely control playback - great feature when we're at our computers and want to control our music without getting up from our PCs. My home stereo is a laptop computer with a MM library of over 120,000 songs. I'm very satisfied with performance on a database of this size.
Thanks for the kind words. I have a lot of ideas for future versions so stay tuned.

Coming soon: SSL, RSS feeds, more context menu options and an improved album view.

jednie

jednie

Post by jednie » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:53 pm

rogerr wrote:I second the need for Genre. I don't use Mood or Occasions either. The cloud should be optional to save screen real estate.
If I made it optional what would I do with the extra screen space? I guess I could move the search fields around so that they are in multiple columns instead of all stacked on top of each other.

jednie