Monkey Server 0.97 (2011-04-10) [MM3] w/Squeezebox Support

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

jednie

Re: Monkey Server 0.96 (2010-08-14) [MM3] w/Templates and Th

Post by jednie »

Onweerwolf wrote:I've installed this app and it looks promising however when I try to play a song i'm getting this error:
An error has occurred.

System.Exception: SQL: update songs set playcounter=playcounter+1,lasttimeplayed=40417,0218309722 where id in (1372,11372,13720,13721,13722,13723,13724,13725,13726,13727,13728,13729,21372)
SQLite error
near "0218309722": syntax error
at MonkeyServer.DBBase.ExecuteSQLStatement(String strSQL, Int32 Timeout)
at MonkeyServer.MediaMonkeyLibrary.UpdateSongPlayCount(String[] arrSongIDs)
at MonkeyServer.Page.AaDgTymnneRT(iQueryResult )
at MonkeyServer.Page.ApeKYhfZf4JQ()
at MonkeyServer.Page.ProcessRequest(Request& theRequest, Response& theResponse)
at MonkeyServer.ServerConnection.HandleRequest()
Any idea?
Onweerwolf,

Thanks for reporting this problem. Until I can get a fix released go into the User settings and set UpdatePlayCounts = False. Let me know if you continue to have problems.

Thanks,
jednie
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

I'd love to, but I can't seem to find where to flag/deflag this setting. :o
jednie

Post by jednie »

Onweerwolf wrote:I'd love to, but I can't seem to find where to flag/deflag this setting. :o
Onweerwolf,

Right-click on the music note icon in the System Tray and when the popup menu appears select "Server" and then "Users...". When the Monkey Server Users dialog box appears select the user that you are currently logging in as and click the "Edit" button. When the User Setup dialog box appears select the Advanced tab. On this tab you should see a setting called UpdatePlayCounts.

jednie
netphoenix

Post by netphoenix »

Wow, this baby's coming right along! I love the configurable cloud capability. I did find one little thing missing though, the composer field is missing in the LONG fieldlist. :) And aliasing the fields.... Wonderful!!!!! I'm just tickled to see how it's coming along.

-Chris
jednie

Post by jednie »

netphoenix wrote:Wow, this baby's coming right along! I love the configurable cloud capability. I did find one little thing missing though, the composer field is missing in the LONG fieldlist. :) And aliasing the fields.... Wonderful!!!!! I'm just tickled to see how it's coming along.
Chris,

The field that is used to store the value of a song's composer is called Author so you can alias this field as Composer if you want. Thanks for the feedback.

jednie
netphoenix

Post by netphoenix »

The field that is used to store the value of a song's composer is called Author so you can alias this field as Composer if you want. Thanks for the feedback.
That took care of it. BTW I did find one bad issue, but I don't know how to point you right to it. I was remotely deleting some playlists. Not noticing the "working" icon, I thought I missed clicking on the "X". So, I clicked on it again. A few seconds later and.... No Playlists. Yep, it deleted every playlist. Typically, I'd see the 'working' icon in both the cloud field as well as next to the playlists. That particular time, I got it in the cloud listing, but not next to the playlists, which made me wonder if I had actually clicked on the DELETE or not....

-Chris
jednie

Post by jednie »

netphoenix wrote:
That took care of it. BTW I did find one bad issue, but I don't know how to point you right to it. I was remotely deleting some playlists. Not noticing the "working" icon, I thought I missed clicking on the "X". So, I clicked on it again. A few seconds later and.... No Playlists. Yep, it deleted every playlist. Typically, I'd see the 'working' icon in both the cloud field as well as next to the playlists. That particular time, I got it in the cloud listing, but not next to the playlists, which made me wonder if I had actually clicked on the DELETE or not....

-Chris
Chris,

I took a look at the delete playlist code and I can see where they may be a problem. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I am sorry if this caused you problems. I will try to release a fix this coming weekend.

jednie
jednie

Post by jednie »

I have released a new version that doesn't include any new features but includes the following two fixes:

- Fixed problem with delete playlist function deleting all playlists
- Fixed problem with updating PlayCounts in countries that use ","
instead of "." as decimal character

jednie
jackstrw22

Post by jackstrw22 »

I did a quick search of this topic and did not see a mention of this problem. I use my ipad to log into monkeyserver to remotely control media monkey. This works awesome for this purpose. However, I am having one issue. For example, say I search for any song that begins with a letter C. The results are in a list below the main window. From this list when I tap on a song (or album or artist if that is what I searched for) the menu always shows up further down on the screen so that I have to scroll down to find it. Once I find it the menu works perfectly. I have tried accessing the http portal from three different browsers on the ipad but the issue is the same in all three.
jednie

Post by jednie »

jackstrw22 wrote:I did a quick search of this topic and did not see a mention of this problem. I use my ipad to log into monkeyserver to remotely control media monkey. This works awesome for this purpose. However, I am having one issue. For example, say I search for any song that begins with a letter C. The results are in a list below the main window. From this list when I tap on a song (or album or artist if that is what I searched for) the menu always shows up further down on the screen so that I have to scroll down to find it. Once I find it the menu works perfectly. I have tried accessing the http portal from three different browsers on the ipad but the issue is the same in all three.
When you click on a link a javascript function executes and determines where the link is on the page so that the menu can be displayed right above or below the link. It sounds like this function isn't working correctly on the iPad. I will do some research and see if I can figure out what is causing this to happen. Thanks for reporting this problem to me as I was unaware of it.

BTW, I will likely release a mobile template that will be single column version of the Monkey Server interface with no context menu. I figure the context menu just won't work if the screen is really small.

Thanks,
jednie
jackstrw22

Post by jackstrw22 »

jednie wrote:
jackstrw22 wrote:I did a quick search of this topic and did not see a mention of this problem. I use my ipad to log into monkeyserver to remotely control media monkey. This works awesome for this purpose. However, I am having one issue. For example, say I search for any song that begins with a letter C. The results are in a list below the main window. From this list when I tap on a song (or album or artist if that is what I searched for) the menu always shows up further down on the screen so that I have to scroll down to find it. Once I find it the menu works perfectly. I have tried accessing the http portal from three different browsers on the ipad but the issue is the same in all three.
When you click on a link a javascript function executes and determines where the link is on the page so that the menu can be displayed right above or below the link. It sounds like this function isn't working correctly on the iPad. I will do some research and see if I can figure out what is causing this to happen. Thanks for reporting this problem to me as I was unaware of it.

BTW, I will likely release a mobile template that will be single column version of the Monkey Server interface with no context menu. I figure the context menu just won't work if the screen is really small.

Thanks,
jednie
Thanks for looking into this. Much appreciated.
0rca

Post by 0rca »

I just installed the latest version (over a previously installed one) and now I cannot start Monkey Server anymore. I always get the error message "You must have administrator rights to run this application" :-?

I have UAC turned of, so admin rights shouldn't be any problem. Where could I start looking?

Windows 7 x64
MM 3.2.0
iMonkey and Remote Speakers Output installed
BriceGdT

Post by BriceGdT »

Hi there,

same problem of administrator right (OS : Win 7)

PS : really good job jennie ! thank you for the time you invest in this addons
jednie

Post by jednie »

0rca wrote:I just installed the latest version (over a previously installed one) and now I cannot start Monkey Server anymore. I always get the error message "You must have administrator rights to run this application" :-?

I have UAC turned of, so admin rights shouldn't be any problem. Where could I start looking?

Windows 7 x64
MM 3.2.0
iMonkey and Remote Speakers Output installed
You may be able to get by the error by changing your user type to an Administrator type account. I will revert the incorrect code back to what it was on the previous release and release this fix in the next day or two. Thanks for letting me know about this problem.

jednie
the-bink

Post by the-bink »

Very nice, got it up and running within 10 minutes (Windows7 x64). Nice remote control on my Samsung Galaxy S. Love it! Very fast even with my 700MB database. :D Keep up the VERY good work!!!