Monkey Server 0.97 (2011-04-10) [MM3] w/Squeezebox Support

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

jednie

Re: Monkey Server 0.96 (2010-08-14) [MM3] w/Templates and Th

Post by jednie »

0rca wrote:I just installed the latest version (over a previously installed one) and now I cannot start Monkey Server anymore. I always get the error message "You must have administrator rights to run this application" :-?

I have UAC turned of, so admin rights shouldn't be any problem. Where could I start looking?

Windows 7 x64
MM 3.2.0
iMonkey and Remote Speakers Output installed

I just released a new version that should fix this issue. The main change that I made was to only display the "Administrator" error message after an error occurs rather than checking for Administrator and assuming an error will occur. Please let me know if you continue to have problems.

Thanks,
jednie
BriceGdT

Post by BriceGdT »

hello jednie,

it's working now ! thank you again for your work and your updates,

cheers,

Brice
phuzz

Post by phuzz »

Hi there...

Just installed this application (was thrilled to see a tool like this existed). I am however having an issue which I did notice was mentioned in some posts earlier in this thread,
but I couldn't find any answers. Essentially when I click to play/download a file from the web browser its failing as it is pointing to the wrong drive letter (F instead of Z). The error that comes up is the same one posted earlier in this thread. As a side note the drive which contains all my music is mapped from my NAS.

Has this already been addressed or is it an ongoing issue?

THx
jednie

Post by jednie »

phuzz wrote:Hi there...

Just installed this application (was thrilled to see a tool like this existed). I am however having an issue which I did notice was mentioned in some posts earlier in this thread,
but I couldn't find any answers. Essentially when I click to play/download a file from the web browser its failing as it is pointing to the wrong drive letter (F instead of Z). The error that comes up is the same one posted earlier in this thread. As a side note the drive which contains all my music is mapped from my NAS.

Has this already been addressed or is it an ongoing issue?

THx
I wasn't aware that this is still an issue. Can you tell me what version of windows you are running this on. Also, where do you see the error (Monkey Server or Media Player) and what is the exact error that you are seeing?

Thanks
jednie
phuzz

Post by phuzz »

jednie wrote:
I wasn't aware that this is still an issue. Can you tell me what version of windows you are running this on. Also, where do you see the error (Monkey Server or Media Player) and what is the exact error that you are seeing?

Thanks
jednie
My apologies after reading through all the posts again I did notice a post regarding UAC and mapped drives. Sure enough when I disabled UAC, monkeyserver obviously now sees the mapped drive where I store my music and everything is working fine.

Thanks again for taking the time and effort to produce this!
phuzz

Post by phuzz »

Hey Jednie,

Something I noticed today, I have a lot of mixes in my collection as well. When I do a search that returns a text list of matches, the duration field only includes the mins/secs component of the length. So for a mix that is 1:45:33 it only shows 45:33. I assume this is simply due to the fact you didn't include hours as part of the duration string.

J
jednie

Post by jednie »

phuzz wrote:Hey Jednie,

Something I noticed today, I have a lot of mixes in my collection as well. When I do a search that returns a text list of matches, the duration field only includes the mins/secs component of the length. So for a mix that is 1:45:33 it only shows 45:33. I assume this is simply due to the fact you didn't include hours as part of the duration string.

J
Thanks for letting me know about this. I will have this fixed in the next release.

jednie
markstuartwalker

Post by markstuartwalker »

Is there any facility to browse playlists when they are stored in a hierarchy of folders?
Windows 7,8 / Ubuntu 13.10 / Mavericks 10.9 / iOS 7.1 / iTunes 11.1
iTunes plugin (d_itunes & itunes4) http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=45713
Running MM under Mac OS X with Wine http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=58507
jednie

Post by jednie »

markstuartwalker wrote:Is there any facility to browse playlists when they are stored in a hierarchy of folders?
Unfortunately there isn't currently a way to browse playlists like this.

jednie
Jon EP

Post by Jon EP »

Hi,

Just wondering -- is Monkey Server still under active development? Does it work? Are there other options for a media server that works to access media monkey remotely?

Has anyone tried this option: http://tipsfor.us/2009/03/20/share-and- ... diamonkey/

Thanks.
jednie

Post by jednie »

Jon EP wrote:Hi,

Just wondering -- is Monkey Server still under active development? Does it work? .
I am still working on it although I haven't put very much time into it recently. I plan on releasing a new version in the near future that contains some bug fixes and the ability to play songs on a Squeezebox.

jednie
canibalox

Post by canibalox »

nice piece of software, thanks for the awesome work Jednie !

however I get the following error on both my computers (monkey server host and remote laptop) whenever I search by 'Artists' or 'Albums' :

Code: Select all

An error has occurred.

System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.
at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)
at MonkeyServer.MediaMonkey.ConvertJulianToDate(Int32 julianDate)
at MonkeyServer.MediaMonkeyLibrary.GetArtists(Query theQuery)
at MonkeyServer.Page.K6scRaUukA2oo()
at MonkeyServer.Page.ProcessRequest(Request& theRequest, Response& theResponse)
at MonkeyServer.ServerConnection.HandleRequest()
the rest works fine. any idea what's going on ?
(server : win XP sp3, french localization settings. remote : win 7 x64 ultimate, US localization settings)

thanks and keep it up.
jednie

Post by jednie »

canibalox wrote:I get the following error on both my computers (monkey server host and remote laptop) whenever I search by 'Artists' or 'Albums' :

Code: Select all

An error has occurred.

System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.
at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)
at MonkeyServer.MediaMonkey.ConvertJulianToDate(Int32 julianDate)
at MonkeyServer.MediaMonkeyLibrary.GetArtists(Query theQuery)
at MonkeyServer.Page.K6scRaUukA2oo()
at MonkeyServer.Page.ProcessRequest(Request& theRequest, Response& theResponse)
at MonkeyServer.ServerConnection.HandleRequest()
the rest works fine. any idea what's going on ?
(server : win XP sp3, french localization settings. remote : win 7 x64 ultimate, US localization settings)
canibalox,

The problem has do with dates and your localization settings. This is an easy fix and it will be included in the next release. I am putting the finishing touches on the next release so your timing is good. Thanks for reporting this problem.

jednie
ringgh0st

Post by ringgh0st »

I have a problem after installing the latest version. everytime i try to start the server i get the following message:
Lock System
Your expiration date os reached! Yoe need to purchase a license file to run this software
I remember i tried monkey server ages ago on my system, maybe thats why the new version checks this old license? but anyways - mediaserver is completly free?!?!?
jednie

Post by jednie »

ringgh0st wrote:I have a problem after installing the latest version. everytime i try to start the server i get the following message:
Lock System
Your expiration date os reached! Yoe need to purchase a license file to run this software
I remember i tried monkey server ages ago on my system, maybe thats why the new version checks this old license? but anyways - mediaserver is completly free?!?!?
This is my mistake. The reason I put an expiration date in the program is make sure that the latest version of the program is being used. I put the expiration date out far enough with the intent that I would release an update before that time. I have no intention of charging money for this application. I will try to release an update in the next couple of days. Sorry about the inconvenience.

jednie