Discogs Tagger 3.62 (Updated: 2013-02-09)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

buttman20

Re: Discogs Tagger 2.9 (Updated: 31.12.2009)

Post by buttman20 »

it works now!
AlanRackham

Post by AlanRackham »

Hello Again

I have turned my computer on this morning and seems that the computer just needed a good rest. I am not getting the error anymore and have successfully tagged 3 separate tracks. It seems that this problem is intermittent. I am sorry I can't be anymore specific than that as I am not a programmer. Now that I have it working version 2.9 is much better than the version 1.7 I was using. A request if I may... is it possible when tagging various albums that the original album field could store the album information. I do this manually at the moment. So the album title is the various album title and the original album field stores the album as if you had bought the album. Hope this make sense?

This missing object problem could it be programmed a different way? again not a programmer so no idea what I am asking here.

Thanks to all who helped out.
AlanRackham

Post by AlanRackham »

Just another thought I notice that everyone seem to have the problem at the same time. Maybe the problem is with the Discogs site?

Post by Guest »

Okay now it works again. :D Seems like it was a temporary problem with the Discogs site.
AJMP5

Post by AJMP5 »

Hi,

I have been trying to install this script, but unsuccessfully. I extracted the zip file into my scripts folder and every time I restart MM I am asked to provide my API key, which I enthusiastically do, but then I can't find the option to tag with Discogs anywhere. What have i done (am doing) wrong?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

AJMP5 wrote:Hi,

I have been trying to install this script, but unsuccessfully. I extracted the zip file into my scripts folder and every time I restart MM I am asked to provide my API key, which I enthusiastically do, but then I can't find the option to tag with Discogs anywhere. What have i done (am doing) wrong?
Right click > Auto-tag from web > see options button at top-right of screen, change to discogs.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Post by Guest »

nohitter151 wrote:
Right click > Auto-tag from web > see options button at top-right of screen, change to discogs.
[/quote]

That's what I've been trying to do. It's not there. Only Amazon sites. I wonder if it installed at all...
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Run MM as administrator and see if the discogs option is there.
Stop Button Freak
AJMP5

Post by AJMP5 »

Forgive my computer illiteracy. I think I am running MM as administrator. I am running XP and I'm the only user, only 1 account, but perhaps I am mistaken and this is not what you mean.
I had read about that and also about installing the mmip file with MM, and besides the fact that i can't find a mmip file anywhere, I also have no idea how to install anything with MM :-?
One more thing: there's nothing in the extensions list that can be uninstalled. Does that mean anything?

Thank you,

AJ
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

AJMP5 wrote:Forgive my computer illiteracy. I think I am running MM as administrator. I am running XP and I'm the only user, only 1 account, but perhaps I am mistaken and this is not what you mean.
I had read about that and also about installing the mmip file with MM, and besides the fact that i can't find a mmip file anywhere, I also have no idea how to install anything with MM :-?
One more thing: there's nothing in the extensions list that can be uninstalled. Does that mean anything?

Thank you,

AJ
It looks like you never installed the addon. You need to download it from the first post and double click it to install. Since you're running XP, you don't need to run as admin.

Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Yea, sorry about that. I've gotten into a bad habit of assuming people are running either Vista or 7 and forgetting there a lot of people still on XP. :)
Stop Button Freak

Post by Guest »

Ok, I'm back.
I haven't been able to make the addon work, yet. I get a runtime error when I double click to install it. Tried different links to download (latest and earliest and whatever else i could find) and always got the same error. I tried the manual install and when I edited the ini file to add the API key, it was already there (although I am still asked to provide it every time I start MM). Followed every step of the instructions and in the end i still could find a way to tag with discogs. I wonder if there is something else I can try.
In the meantime, I continue to happily do it manually, copying all the data and covers to the properties box.

AJ
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Guest wrote:Ok, I'm back.
I haven't been able to make the addon work, yet. I get a runtime error when I double click to install it. Tried different links to download (latest and earliest and whatever else i could find) and always got the same error. I tried the manual install and when I edited the ini file to add the API key, it was already there (although I am still asked to provide it every time I start MM). Followed every step of the instructions and in the end i still could find a way to tag with discogs. I wonder if there is something else I can try.
In the meantime, I continue to happily do it manually, copying all the data and covers to the properties box.

AJ
Check here:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... icleid=100

Let

Post by Let »

I haven't been active on the forum lately. Other than being busy, the main reason is that I'm not receiving reply notifications although I've subscribed to this thread.

edit: somehow my subscription get lost. i re-subscribed...
rosko

Post by rosko »

How do i tag Label? i'm sure i could do this under custom 4 but now that is label release number. I sort everything in label.