Discogs Tagger 3.62 (Updated: 2013-02-09)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ripndip

Re: Discogs Tagger 2.7

Post by ripndip »

IndustrialPope wrote:
Innuendo wrote:
ripndip wrote:I am looking into an allmusic.com script or tagger but can't find any.
You are going to find it near-impossible to find one. Back in 2007 allmusic.com scripts were plentiful among all the tagging programs, but then AllMusic came down on everyone like the hammer of an angry god when they started charging for their services threatening to sue anyone who didn't pull their scripts off the internet.

In the deepest, darkest corners of the internet you can still find allmusic.com scripts, but they are lingering artifacts from 2007 & allmusic.com has changed a lot since then so they all don't work & you'd have to edit them yourself....not worth the trouble at the end of the day when there's still Discogs, MusicBrainz, etc. available.
IIRC: Windows Media Player 10 used to have Allmusic support for looking up, but it's gone in 12. they've switched to gracenote now.

I appreciate the help from everyone who replied on this topic :D . Saved me a lot of time. With work and school I would have been frustrated. It's sad because allmusic.com is the best resource I have found. They are so well organized and have all the information you need. I guess I have to learn the ropes of some other sites.

Let, thank you for your dedication to the thread. You're doing a great job (insert thumbs up smiley here lol). I will be taking a look at your user guide.

One more question, Will I have to manually come back here and update the script or is there some type of script updater in MM? I'm fairly new so forgive me.
Let

Post by Let »

ripndip wrote: I appreciate the help from everyone who replied on this topic :D . Saved me a lot of time. With work and school I would have been frustrated. It's sad because allmusic.com is the best resource I have found. They are so well organized and have all the information you need. I guess I have to learn the ropes of some other sites.

Let, thank you for your dedication to the thread. You're doing a great job (insert thumbs up smiley here lol). I will be taking a look at your user guide.

One more question, Will I have to manually come back here and update the script or is there some type of script updater in MM? I'm fairly new so forgive me.
You're welcome! You have two options for updates; use MediaMonkey Updater (Tools->Extensions->Find Updates->Install Update) or you can subscribe to this thread.

I have several new updates. After some testing, I will be posting a new version soon.
Let

Post by Let »

ripndip wrote: It's sad because allmusic.com is the best resource I have found. They are so well organized and have all the information you need. I guess I have to learn the ropes of some other sites.
Allmusic is surely a good resource. Obviously discogs.com has so many poblems and needs improvement, but I think it's still the best resource for tagging at the moment.

1) They have the biggest information (# of releases) about the music i listen (Electronic).
2) They promise to never restrict access to discogs data and keep it free. See their social contract.
3) If the release data is incorrect, you can correct it as a user (and earn some rank :P ). You can add cover images as well.
4) Discogs team is dedicated and open to ideas of community. If you have a problem or idea, you can discuss it on their forum.
5) MediaMonkey integration with this script works pretty well, renaming is also very efficient and highly customizable :)

Thus, "MediaMonkey" + "Discogs.com" + "Discogs Tagger Script" trio became my favorite music file organizing solution.
FuchiK

Re: Discogs Tagger 2.8 (Updated: 16.12.2009)

Post by FuchiK »

The link to the extension, either installer or vbs, is broken.

Other than that, the progs great, I've got 2.6 but it's stopped working so i came to update.
Vyper

Re: Discogs Tagger 2.8 (Updated: 16.12.2009)

Post by Vyper »

The installer link worked fine for me. :)
Stop Button Freak
Let

Re: Discogs Tagger 2.9 (Updated: 31.12.2009)

Post by Let »

I've never had problems but I think there's a problem with the hosting (maybe overload or something). Please try some other time. I've posted a new version. I hope you'll enjoy it.

Happy new year!
FuchiK

Post by FuchiK »

Let wrote:I've never had problems but I think there's a problem with the hosting (maybe overload or something). Please try some other time. I've posted a new version. I hope you'll enjoy it.

Happy new year!

I cannot get the file. I keep getting connection time out errors. I'm in Australia so all I can think of, if its working for other people, is that it's a weird DNS issue. I get the domain to resolve at 69.10.48.106 if it helps.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

It's working here in the states. I pinged the address, and it gave 66.45.237.212.
FuchiK

Post by FuchiK »

Mizery_Made wrote:It's working here in the states. I pinged the address, and it gave 66.45.237.212.

LoL my pings don't even respond on that IP
Let

Post by Let »

any suggestions for a free hosting?
FuchiK

Post by FuchiK »

Let wrote:any suggestions for a free hosting?
Why not just use Filefactory?

if you need full site hosting check out http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-re ... 95382.html
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

It depends on what he's asking for. If he's looking for something like Filefactory or Rapidshare that he could put the file on specifically to get it to you since you seem unable to connect to the site, then that would work. But if he's looking for another site host to move from the one he's at right now, then using a file sharing site like that wouldn't work that well, as it would negate the ability to check for updates of the script through MM.

I haven't done much with my account, but I signed up over at 000webhost.com, and their service seems to be reasonable for free hosting. Not sure if the checking of script updates would be allowed under their TOS though, as some sites like that require you to actually have a site and people access files though the site and not hotlinks and such. *Shrugs*
Let

Post by Let »

I meant a free hosting service, not a free file sharing service. I've applied for a 000webhost.com account and I'll move to it soon.

Thanks.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

You could try... http://sites.google.com/
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
achmetinternet

Post by achmetinternet »

Is there a possibility to make Discogs tagger fetch all cover art and not just the one being displayed in the preview when tagging from internet?

I think it would be useful especially with multiple vinyls in one release.

Thanks!