MediaMonkey iTunes plugin (d_itunes4.dll)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Anubis

Re: MediaMonkey iTunes plugin (d_itunes4.dll)

Post by Anubis »

Is this plugin still actively supported?
I see a lot of questions and discussion of late, but the developer seems to be very very quite of recent.
I have a number of issues with using this plugin and need to decide to persue them or cut my losses.
My issues cover...
- d_itunes4.dll crashing with an excception. Official MM support says to contact the developer.
- played dates/times syncing from iTunes to MM are wrong.
- play counts being incorrectly incremented between MM and iTunes on sync.
- odd other crashes every 3 or 4th sync.
I'm not expecting answers now, just want to know whether I'll get answers/fixes if I do pursue these problems.
Thanks
simonmason

Post by simonmason »

I am puzzled by the Auto-Sync option. I have it turned on - but it never seems to auto-sync. I thought that maybe closing iTunes and opening it would simulate it being connected and start the auto-sync but it does nothing. I have to click on the auto-sync button to get it to sync? Am I missing something? Thanks.
markstuartwalker

Post by markstuartwalker »

Dear All

To be honest I have lost interest on this plugin. I am in the process of migrating from MM and will never get back to re-coding the plugin to make it work reliably. I am aware that there are still many users who use it and I feel that it is a good extension to MM.

In the spirit of cooperation, do any of you wish to take on the future maintenance of the plugin? I am quite happy to email the Delphi source code to you. You'll need to be a proficient in Delphi as I will not be able to give you much of a handover.

My apologies,
Mark
Windows 7,8 / Ubuntu 13.10 / Mavericks 10.9 / iOS 7.1 / iTunes 11.1
iTunes plugin (d_itunes & itunes4) http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=45713
Running MM under Mac OS X with Wine http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=58507
martialartsguy

Post by martialartsguy »

Man, I hope someone picks this up - I use it to sync to itunes for my home stereo system and would hate to lose it!
MM Gold since 2006
ohneland

Post by ohneland »

I do not understand this plugin...
can someone pls explain what the following quote from the help-pdf means?
"Select the Auto-sync lists tab and define the items that you wish to sync into iTunes. Normally this is done exclusively through playlists."
Where is the "Auto-sync lists tab"?
The only reason I downloaded this (and iTunes) is my attempt to sync playcounts from MM to Last.fm
Thanks

One more thing: Will iTunes have to read my library first? I would think so but it's nowhere stated in the How-Tos...
ohneland

Win 10
Logitech Media Server on a Synology NAS with diff. players
MM 5, MP3Tag, EAC, Musicbee
Anubis

Post by Anubis »

markstuartwalker wrote:Dear All

To be honest I have lost interest on this plugin. I am in the process of migrating from MM and will never get back to re-coding the plugin to make it work reliably. I am aware that there are still many users who use it and I feel that it is a good extension to MM.

In the spirit of cooperation, do any of you wish to take on the future maintenance of the plugin? I am quite happy to email the Delphi source code to you. You'll need to be a proficient in Delphi as I will not be able to give you much of a handover.

My apologies,
Mark
Mark, thanks for your update and candidness.
I'd rather this, than being left in limbo.
Hopefully somebody does pick it up and run with it.
Maybe even the MM developers? They have pointed people to this plugin in the past while they work out how to catch up to Apples changes to software and hardware.

Thanks for your efforts, and I suspect a lot of people have gotten use out of the plugin over the years.

I will be dumping it (the plugin), and more than than likely dumping MM soon as syncing with iPhones 5S/iOS7 is just not working for me and it takes too much of my time to work through the issues.
theta_wave

Post by theta_wave »

markstuartwalker wrote:Dear All

My apologies,
Mark
Care to let us know to which music manager you are migrating? I'm getting tired of the increased buggy-ness of MM's 4.1 releases.
MM Gold Lifetime since 2.5.5.998
Computer: Lenovo Y580 System: Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / Arch Linux Mediamonkey 4: w/ Monkeyrok 5.6, Minilyrics 1.4b, iMonkey Skin
markstuartwalker

Post by markstuartwalker »

I am going to get shot down in flames for admitting this but I have moved to iTunes on my Mac.

iTunes gets much criticism about being rubbish but it is rock-solid stable and it works 100% on my Mac - both important aspects for me. I do miss some of the advanced management features of MM but I have started on a helper program which supplements the features that I want, I expect this to grow. Apple make Xcode freely available and have published an API for iTunes which is essentially the same as the one that I used under Windows. I had to swap my Delphi skills for Objective C skills which was the steepest learning curve.

It is not an MM equivalent by any means but for the features that I use it works.

I offered my source code to the MM developers first but they politely declined and suggested that another MM contributor might take it on, hence my earlier post. I have had no offers yet.
Windows 7,8 / Ubuntu 13.10 / Mavericks 10.9 / iOS 7.1 / iTunes 11.1
iTunes plugin (d_itunes & itunes4) http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=45713
Running MM under Mac OS X with Wine http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=58507
MediaMan

Post by MediaMan »

markstuartwalker wrote:I am going to get shot down in flames for admitting this but I have moved to iTunes...... iTunes gets much criticism about being rubbish but it is rock-solid stable ... It is not an MM equivalent by any means but for the features that I use it works......
I think I am in the same camp now. I have been an MM Gold user for many many years, with a growing library of FLAC files, and it served me well, especially when i had dated slower pc's, so I was always hesitant to move.

But now, with newer hardware. and as I get older, I want more convenience and stability.... and have the need to integrate with my ipad, smartphone, internet ready AVR, media server, mediaplayers, home network, smart TV, remote apps, HTPCs, etc, I think it just going to plain easier to make use of ITunes, Airplay Home Sharing etc. I find I am tired now of all the tinkering I tend to do with so much "command and control" I have with MM, and just want to enjoy the music more!

I am using dBPowerAmp Convert right now to convert a few thousand FLAC to Apple Lossless ; hopefully it works :)

I will still keep MM around n the toolbox for any specialty needs that come up...but I think the time has come make the move to ITunes as my new music management software.
Windows 7,8 | iTunes 11.2.2.3 | IOS 7.1.2 | MM Gold 4.1.3.1708 | d_itunes4.dll Ver 4.0.4.2438
hokie01

Post by hokie01 »

Has anyone successfully gotten this plugin to work on Windows 8 with iTunes 11? If so, can you share what versions of MM, iTunes, and the plugin you are using? I would really like to be able to sync my play counts and ratings back to MM from iTunes one last time so I can find another solution.
gblum

Post by gblum »

Yes, it works for me. Although a little klunky (it always does a full re-copy instead of just updates & sometimes takes a couple of tries), but does still transfer the files and playlists. I'm on MM 4.1.4.1709, iTunes 11.1.5.5 & d_itunes4.dll 4.1.0.3236
martialartsguy

Post by martialartsguy »

If anyone notices a new script for this, please post in here.
MM Gold since 2006
theta_wave

Post by theta_wave »

gblum wrote:Yes, it works for me. Although a little klunky (it always does a full re-copy instead of just updates & sometimes takes a couple of tries), but does still transfer the files and playlists. I'm on MM 4.1.4.1709, iTunes 11.1.5.5 & d_itunes4.dll 4.1.0.3236
The plugin works very well with MM 4.0.7.1511. When I upgraded several months ago, it did the full re-copy, which wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for 50gigs of music files, many of which were FLACs! I went back to 1511 and decided to stay there with its warts and all until hell freezes over or another viable music manager comes into the horizon. I had nightmares of iTunes being terrible at scaling for large collections, so that program is a no-go for me.
MM Gold Lifetime since 2.5.5.998
Computer: Lenovo Y580 System: Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / Arch Linux Mediamonkey 4: w/ Monkeyrok 5.6, Minilyrics 1.4b, iMonkey Skin
hokie01

Post by hokie01 »

theta_wave wrote:
gblum wrote:Yes, it works for me. Although a little klunky (it always does a full re-copy instead of just updates & sometimes takes a couple of tries), but does still transfer the files and playlists. I'm on MM 4.1.4.1709, iTunes 11.1.5.5 & d_itunes4.dll 4.1.0.3236
The plugin works very well with MM 4.0.7.1511. When I upgraded several months ago, it did the full re-copy, which wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for 50gigs of music files, many of which were FLACs! I went back to 1511 and decided to stay there with its warts and all until hell freezes over or another viable music manager comes into the horizon. I had nightmares of iTunes being terrible at scaling for large collections, so that program is a no-go for me.
I had to roll back to d_itunes4.dll 4.1.0.3103, but I can confirm this is working for me again with MM 4.0.7.1511 and iTunes 11.1.5.5. I had to go through all the advanced recovery options (delete all d_itunes4.dll instances, delete all iTunes tracks, and clear MMs DEVICETRACKS table) in order to get it working, but it's synchronizing for me now.
alexey2284

Stats from MediaMonkey to iTunes

Post by alexey2284 »

How сan I export my MediaMonkey stats and import her in iTunes?
I have a music collection of more than 20 000 songs. All of them are on different hard disks. I tried to use ITunes Plugin, but he copies all my songs in the same folder on the same hard disk! When I add songs to iTunes from different hard disks, their statistics don't appear.
Last edited by Lowlander on Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing topic