MediaMonkey iTunes plugin (d_itunes4.dll)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

jakejosh

Re: MediaMonkey iTunes plugin (d_itunes.dll & d_itunes4.dll)

Post by jakejosh »

Hi, Been struggling with the whole Itunes & MM thingie. I use itunes for all synchs, since I like the genius lists, my apps, email linking, and that it checks for and updates the op sys on my ipod touch. Itunes does not manage my music very well...excuse me it doesn't do it it at all. As a result I am a lingtime MM user for all its skill at managing my collection. Right now my collection is 36gb+, or 7k+ songs and some music videos. I want to keep all my collection at hand at any given time, so I have a 64 gb ipod touch (unfortunately not the newest one, the model just before this).

I used to keep one music library on my computer with each program accessing it as needed but never simultaneously. This had issues, but the organization was very important to me. If I made the slightest changes to my collection in MM, i had to delete the entire itunes library and rescan it inorder for itunes to see the changes, play the music, etc. Asmy collection got bigger this beecame a huge issue on its own and always prevented any use of play counts since the kept being destroyed and started from scratch. I saw the itunes MM addon but shyed away wanting to avoid complexity. Now I am trying to use it and getting confused. I am ussing the most current MM4 and IOS% and the newest Itunes. I am aware of the incompatability issues, but according to the support for the itunes MM plugin it is compatable. And the scenario MM organizes the collection and itunes does the synching is perfect for me. At first I though they would all use the same library, but evidently not so. You speak of multiple libraries: an MM one, and an intermedeate one. Though consuming storage I understand the possible value.

My questions are: 1. is the intermedeate database the one I connect itunes to or is the itunes somehow a third database? (I ask because i created the intermedeate library and it looked crazy, no folders, songs as numbers, I just didn't understand it. I want to preserve my file/folder structure just as it is.) 2. I want all my content to synch with my ipod not just playlists as mentioned in other posts. How do I do this? 3. Any help you can offer to make it all work the way I wish it to is greatly appreciated - or that it will not work this way?

Thanks,
Jake Josh
lindholm

Converted files disappear/never show up

Post by lindholm »

Starting with MM4 1449, any track converted as part of a sync never shows up.
It worked fine with 1448

The Cache directory is not created, etc...

Windows 7 sp1
plugin version: 4.0.3.2014

George
aprzybylo

Post by aprzybylo »

I have a question about iTunes MediaMonkey 4 Plugin. From what I understand I can use that plug in to sync MM4 with iphone running iOS5. Does it work with FLAC files as those files are not recognized by iTunes however MM sync them with iPhone?
lindholm

Post by lindholm »

aprzybylo wrote:I have a question about iTunes MediaMonkey 4 Plugin. From what I understand I can use that plug in to sync MM4 with iphone running iOS5. Does it work with FLAC files as those files are not recognized by iTunes however MM sync them with iPhone?
You just have to set-up a conversion rule in the plugin for .flac files to have them automatically converted to mp3s
as part of the sync.

George
aprzybylo

Post by aprzybylo »

NOt really sure how it works, I'm little confused. I want to manage my music in MM but sync using iTunes I guess that's the whole purpose of this procedure. Now how do I set it up. There are 2 dlls so what version do I use (d_itunes.dll or d_itunes4.dll). what steps do I need to follow for whole process and what setting do I need to choose in itunes? Unless I miss some posts but can't really find an info that would answer those questions. Thanks a lot
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

aprzybylo wrote:NOt really sure how it works, I'm little confused. I want to manage my music in MM but sync using iTunes I guess that's the whole purpose of this procedure. Now how do I set it up. There are 2 dlls so what version do I use (d_itunes.dll or d_itunes4.dll). what steps do I need to follow for whole process and what setting do I need to choose in itunes? Unless I miss some posts but can't really find an info that would answer those questions. Thanks a lot
d_iTunes.dll for MM3 or d_iTunes4.dll if you're using the MM4 beta version. Read through the first post, it seems to be pretty thorough.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
aprzybylo

Post by aprzybylo »

Ok so if I understand plug in copies the files to itunes and then I manually update iphone from itunes. So I set up everything and sync with running itunes (version 4 of dll). Files are moved to cache folder but stay there. Nothing shows up in itunes.
CarlitoGil

Post by CarlitoGil »

The authors of books are shown in the Artist tree, but of course empty.

Can this be avoided?

MM4 1448
iTunesMonkey + Acoustid – Find metadata from iTunes and Acoustid
livinlargeinthesun

Post by livinlargeinthesun »

Awesome! My Mediamonkey Itunes is a ROCKIN'. Thanks for the help:)
markstuartwalker

Post by markstuartwalker »

aprzybylo wrote:NOt really sure how it works, I'm little confused. I want to manage my music in MM but sync using iTunes I guess that's the whole purpose of this procedure. Now how do I set it up. There are 2 dlls so what version do I use (d_itunes.dll or d_itunes4.dll). what steps do I need to follow for whole process and what setting do I need to choose in itunes? Unless I miss some posts but can't really find an info that would answer those questions. Thanks a lot
d_itunes.dll is the original which is compatible with MM3 (http://www.mediafire.com/file/bxex5tqt0 ... unes3.mmip)
d_itunes4.dll is the latest beta which is compatible with MM4 (http://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brows ... or-itunes/)

Both versions run with the latest iTunes 10.5. Both install by double clicking the mmip file and installing the addition. It's best to install as an administrator.

There are no essential settings in iTunes needed though there are some preferences at the start of this thread. Beyond that use the instructions at the start of this thread. These are for the MM3 version but the MM4 version is very similar.
Windows 7,8 / Ubuntu 13.10 / Mavericks 10.9 / iOS 7.1 / iTunes 11.1
iTunes plugin (d_itunes & itunes4) http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=45713
Running MM under Mac OS X with Wine http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=58507
markstuartwalker

GIL wrote:The authors of books are shown in the Artist tree, but of course empty.

Can this be avoided?

MM4 1448
I've never used the plugin for audio books so I'm not sure if this would work. Do the files actually get transferred into iTunes?
iTunes plugin (d_itunes & itunes4) http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=45713
Running MM under Mac OS X with Wine http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=58507
markstuartwalker

livinlargeinthesun wrote:Awesome! My Mediamonkey Itunes is a ROCKIN'. Thanks for the help:)
Great news.

Sorry that my support has been rather limited I've had some distraction of late.
markstuartwalker

Re: Converted files disappear/never show up

lindholm wrote:Starting with MM4 1449, any track converted as part of a sync never shows up.
It worked fine with 1448

The Cache directory is not created, etc...

Windows 7 sp1
plugin version: 4.0.3.2014

George
I've just (quickly) checked with MM4 1451 and the build 2014 of the plugin and all seems fine with both conversions and direct. Please check that your TEMP environment variable is set legitimately
lindholm

Post by lindholm »

Yah, 1451 seems to have fixed the problem.
datimms

Post by datimms »

markstuartwalker wrote:
GIL wrote:The authors of books are shown in the Artist tree, but of course empty.

Can this be avoided?

MM4 1448
I've never used the plugin for audio books so I'm not sure if this would work. Do the files actually get transferred into iTunes?

I can answer your question, as this relates to the question I wanted to ask. The files do get transferred (but on my iphone, the relevant artist node lists those files).
My question/problem/observation is this:
I've tried to add some files with the tag "audio book" and also "podcast" into iTunes. [The podcasts are downloaded and tagged by me manually, not by MM.]

Before I installed the plugin, MM3 would sync the files into the relevant "podcasts" and "audio book" section on my iPhone.
Now that I am using the plugin, and syncing to my iphone with iTunes, the files appear with all the other albums. This wouldn't be a problem but you lose the specific audiobook/podcast controls such as altering playback speed or rewinding 30seconds.

Is it something I'm doing wrong, or a limitation of the plugin?
Hope that makes sense.
Dave