Album Info/ Musicians on an album

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Tomppa

Album Info/ Musicians on an album

Post by Tomppa »

Is there any way you can create an album info.

For example, i would like to add all the musicians, that plays on the album.

And then click on the musician, and look what other, band or album he/she is on, that i own.

For example:
Album: Dream Theater,
Album Info: Drums: Mike Portnoy
Then click at Mike Portnoy and see What other Cd:s i own, where he palys.

So is there a way to create a database, where MediaMonkey would search for the name of the muscician, from all the album infos that i have made.
nachtgieger

musicians playing

Post by nachtgieger »

Like you I put the list of musicians playing in the "Album Comment" if it's important and available. If it is there it can be found easily with the normal search function if you put the name of the musician you are looking for in "Any text field" of the search mask. For the size of my music collection (~300 CDs + ~1000 MP3s) this works by far fast enough - thanks to Jiri's well structured database.
But: often this is a "per track" information (abc feat. xyz). Then I put it into the "involved people" field in the track's "Properties - Details". In this case it is not found by searching "Any text field". I think this is the case because the "Involved people" info is stored differently in the data base. "Involved people" can be found in the database table AddSongInfo with DataType=204. I have written a script that can create nodes for any information in "AddSongInfo", also for "Involved people". After some cleanup I will post it soon.
If somebody finds a way to integrate data from "AddSongInfo" I would like to know it, I have a similar question also with "Artist", "Album Artist" and "Original Artist". Does anybody know if the "Gold" version can solve this?
nachtgieger

Post by nachtgieger »

Sorry, it's the other way round. Searching "Any text field" finds things in "Involved people" but not in "Album Comment"
nachtgieger

Post by nachtgieger »

After some more testing I think it's an error in MediaMonkey. Searching "Any text field" should also search "Album Comment". This should be corrected and - that's it.