MoodManager V2.0Beta (Manage and get Moods from Allmusic)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

booblers

Re: MoodManager V2.0Beta (Manage and get Moods from Allmusic

Post by booblers » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:23 am

Careful with this.

I haven't downloaded yours to see what it's doing but I assume it's what I do with mine: use the rovi music findr JSON API to select the moods/themes/genres and then query the local MM database for matches after setting up the filter.

AMG (owned by Rovi now) is notorious for coming after people for publishing apps that use their data in this way. The Music Findr API, while easily used, is not public and you could get into hot water quickly.

Were I you I would allow for a customizable user-agent request header and also make sure that referers and cookies are being properly imitated. I would also limit the request speed. But that's me....

Bulakaxa

Post by Bulakaxa » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:23 pm

booblers wrote:Careful with this.

I haven't downloaded yours to see what it's doing but I assume it's what I do with mine: use the rovi music findr JSON API to select the moods/themes/genres and then query the local MM database for matches after setting up the filter.

AMG (owned by Rovi now) is notorious for coming after people for publishing apps that use their data in this way. The Music Findr API, while easily used, is not public and you could get into hot water quickly.

Were I you I would allow for a customizable user-agent request header and also make sure that referers and cookies are being properly imitated. I would also limit the request speed. But that's me....
No i dont use the Rovi music finder or any other rovi api to select moods, themes and genres.
And i don't thinks there's a lot of users using this, even i don't use it anymore.

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:35 pm

I still use it.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

Bulakaxa

Post by Bulakaxa » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:32 pm

Lowlander wrote:I still use it.
I've develop from root a new script that does most of the work automatically, its faster and simpler, and complete not only Moods, but Genres and Occasions to.
when i got some free time i will upload it

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:55 pm

Cool, as the current MoodManager is a lot of work to use. Looking forward to the new addon.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

booblers

Post by booblers » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:22 pm

Bulakaxa wrote:No i dont use the Rovi music finder or any other rovi api to select moods, themes and genres.
And i don't thinks there's a lot of users using this, even i don't use it anymore.
If you're not using the hidden API then the only way you could support such an application is if you've made a copy of the data by using the API (or a scraper or etc) - which is, in their view, *worse*.

Don't get me wrong - I obviously use similar tools for my own use and etc as the information is very useful - but I was very careful not to publish my tools because, as I said, they are notorious for protecting their data.

So, not to be a nag or anything, but be careful.....

Bulakaxa

Post by Bulakaxa » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:45 pm

booblers wrote:
Bulakaxa wrote:No i dont use the Rovi music finder or any other rovi api to select moods, themes and genres.
If you're not using the hidden API then the only way you could support such an application is if you've made a copy of the data by using the API (or a scraper or etc) - which is, in their view, *worse*.

Don't get me wrong - I obviously use similar tools for my own use and etc as the information is very useful - but I was very careful not to publish my tools because, as I said, they are notorious for protecting their data.

So, not to be a nag or anything, but be careful.....
In Terms and Services of Allmusic.com they wrote "You may not scrape or otherwise copy our Material without permission", so its illegal to scrap or copy their data, but they cant forbid users to create tools to scrap or copy data since the tools will never be used without Rovi permission, so i develop the tool and distribute it and will advise people to use it only with Rovi permission.

But is better be prepared for they notorious way of protecting data, so i will be careful the way i publish my tools,
thanks for the advice :wink:

odyss3y

Post by odyss3y » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:50 am

I guess thats why the download link doesn't work anymore... oh well.

I use the GenreFinder tagging script to search for moods, occasions, countries, vocalist genders, etc and it works okay. Takes awhile with 30k+ for a clean start though!

Cambriel

Post by Cambriel » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:15 am

Is this script still available? Been searching all over for a way to auto-tag moods and it's driving me nuts.

Peke

Post by Peke » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:03 pm

Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum

x-cimo

Post by x-cimo » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:28 pm

Anyone still using this?

I installed it and when I rightclick a song and choose moonmanager i get:

Error #-2147024894 -
File "path to \scripts\Auto\MoodManager.vbs", Line: 14, Column: 1

saxguyty

Post by saxguyty » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:13 pm

x-cimo wrote: Error #-2147024894 -
File "path to \scripts\Auto\MoodManager.vbs", Line: 14, Column: 1
I got the same error using MM 4.0.6 on Windows 7.

Looking at the vbs file, not sure what is going on, but you can run MoodManager.exe from that location in the \scripts\Auto

Found that it will run then, but trying to get mood from Allmusic doesn't seem to work.

Also see - http://sourceforge.net/projects/mmmusicclass/

monkeyman_000

Post by monkeyman_000 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:54 am

same with me, is there any bug fixing or work around so far?

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:14 am

This script is dead for all non rovi permited users,and they dont seem to permit anyone anymore.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.