Monkey Rok 6.2 - Updated 06/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Re: Monkey Rok 5.1 - Updated 24/03/2010

Post by Guest »

Bug time! The "Similar Artists" panel sometimes has artists listed with 0 songs, and, as you'd suspect, no songs in the dropdown list. Ex:

Code: Select all

Woody Guthrie
0 songs
28.4% match
More Information
At first it seemed like I didn't have any Woody Guthrie tracks in my library, but a search revealed that I actually have several songs where he's listed in the "Composer" tag. I checked a couple of other artists that show up with "0 songs" reported - they were also listed as a composer, not the main artist/album artist. I'm pretty sure that if MR is supposed to be scanning the composer tag for artist info, then it's also supposed to be counting those tracks into the dropdown list. :)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Ok cheers, I'll take a look in the next version.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
richiefinger

Post by richiefinger »

"If I may suggest something.
You need to uninstall all old MonkeyRok skins, then go and download some new ones developed for MonkeyRok 5.
After you have uninstalled all the old MonkeyRok skins, go to:
C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\MonkeyRok\skins
and delete all the old skin folders."

This did the trick. Thanks very much.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I finally got round to mirroring all the version 5.1 compatible skins on my website, sorry for the delay! :)

http://trixmoto.net/mm/go.php?f=MonkeyRok51.mmip
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

I believe the version of Vision you have up, Trix, is for the 4.x branch. The version compatible with 5.x is in this thread. But it doesn't contain an installer... I don't think.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks, I've updated the file. I'm not sure how it happened though, I've been collecting files as they've been sent to me mostly.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

I'm experiencing two bugs with MR 5.1. :(

The external panel tab, which is in the first position always comes up blank, no matter what I assign it to be. I have even tried assigning the first external panel tab to be "none" but then the second one is blank since the first one is not showing. So it seems that the bug affects whichever tab is in position #1. I have tried it on a number of skins (including the defaults) and the bug is still present. And I have also experimented with assigning the same function to two external panels to see if it was the panel causing the problem. For example, I assigned Biography as ext. panel tab #1 and also as ext. panel tab #2. The Bio shows up fine in ext. panel tab #2, but not at all in ext. panel tab #1.

The second bug: I have noticed that "Playlist" and "Comment" tabs are not labeled if I assign them to an external panel tab. They just show up as a blank tab. But the information (playlists and comments) are visible if I click on the tab.

Any ideas?
Thanks

EDIT for pictures:
Showing Blank Biography tab because it is in the first position.

Functional Biography tab because it is not in the first position.

Blank tab label for "Comment" external panel. I see the same behavior when I assign an external tab to "Playlists"
--
The gpzbc
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well I can't replicate the first issue, but I'll investigate in the next version. The second issue has already been reported and is on my list for the next version.
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

@gpzbc
You have to open all panels in a none tab skin version than switch bag to the tab version and and the panels works ok.

@ trixmoto

I play a bit with the Tabs skin ,and i put the current album panel into the tab section.
I don't know , but i think this looks more clear,and the tabs have a fix place.(no jump up or down when you open or close the current album)
looks like this:

And i play a bit more with the layout,this version i really like and it's very handy, at last for me.

what you think about ,maybe some thing for the next version.

and trix like you see the full row of tabs is always at the top, i think it would look better if they start at the bottom ,any chance to handle this.

and is there any way to get rounded tabs?
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

DreadM wrote:You have to open all panels in a none tab skin version than switch bag to the tab version and and the panels works ok.
That fixed the problem! Thank you!

DreadM wrote:And i play a bit more with the layout,this version i really like and it's very handy, at last for me.

I like it! It saves a lot of space. I would definitely like to see this in the next version.
DreadM wrote:and is there any way to get rounded tabs?
I agree, that would be a nice touch.

Thanks for your help Trix and DreadM. :D
Last edited by gpzbc on Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--
The gpzbc
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

I have noticed another issue with assigning "Playlists" to an external panel tab. It doesn't display multiple playlists correctly. Perhaps it is the same issue that causes the tab label to not be displayed?

Here is a picture to show the problem. I have assigned the text box to also display playlists so that you can see what the multiple playlists should look like.

Thanks again for your work on MonkeyRok. I appreciate it. It is essential to a great MediaMonkey experience.
--
The gpzbc
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@DreadM - well moving the tabs is perfectly possible in the skins. I only created the tab skin as an example and am happy to make any functional changes that skinners feel are necessary, but I would prefer not to spend my time changing skins unless it's necessary. There are plenty of you out there who are much better at it than me! :)

There's no jQuery option for stacking the tabs with the full row at the bottom, and I'm not sure I'd know how to go about doing this myself. I'll have a little play but this might take someone with better CSS skills than I possess. The corners are actually styled as rounded, but unfortunately IE does not currently support these styles. Once IE catches up with the rest of the world, then should appear rounded! :)

@gpzbc - sorry, I didn't realise that was the problem you were having. This has also been reported and is on my list for the next version. The problem with multiple playlists not appearing correctly has also been reported and is on my list - the order of some of my code is not correct.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

trixmoto wrote:sorry, I didn't realise that was the problem you were having. This has also been reported and is on my list for the next version. The problem with multiple playlists not appearing correctly has also been reported and is on my list - the order of some of my code is not correct.
Wonderful. Thank you!
Sorry, I must have missed these problems elsewhere in the forum thread. Otherwise I would not have posted them again.
--
The gpzbc
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

No problem, I'd rather have them twice than not at all. :)
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings
trixmoto wrote: There's no jQuery option for stacking the tabs with the full row at the bottom, and I'm not sure I'd know how to go about doing this myself. I'll have a little play but this might take someone with better CSS skills than I possess. The corners are actually styled as rounded, but unfortunately IE does not currently support these styles. Once IE catches up with the rest of the world, then should appear rounded! :)
Something like this I thought so, too bad. :-?
and am happy to make any functional changes that skinners feel are necessary
I don't know how other Skinners think about, but i would prefer png files instead of gif files, for playcontrols , mini ,maxi and hide bottom.
and often i think it would be good when the info_title (Artist-Title) are split in 2 separate entries. So we are more free with the layout :)

one more problem;
in the skin you see above i make some changes in html and skin function files, to put the current album panel into the tab section ,look like it works correct but i'm not shure if i make all necessary changes,maybe there is something missing somewhere else?
And when i make the same changes for the lyrics panel to put theme in the tab section ,the tab is showing, but when i'm click on it it shows a blank window?

btw:
i update the MR Noir skin