Lyricator v1.1.1 #31 (2010-12-16)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

JOsh

Re: Lyricator v1.1.1 #31 (2010-12-16)

Post by JOsh »

mevangelisti wrote:I have Windows 7 64bits, and MM Gold. I've installed lyricator as admin, I use MM as admin too, but when I'm trying to check lyrics, when I try to check the lyrics window opens and closes immediately. What should I do ?
I don't know for sure what you are doing... but I know that this is the exact behavior Lyricator goes through when trying to lyricate songs that aren't in your library. Lyricator doesn't work when you are looking at tracks under the "My Computer" section of the tree. You need to be in the "Library" part of the tree.
mevangelisti

Post by mevangelisti »

well, in fact Lyricator does not work when you are looking at the tracks under "My Computer" section of the structure, but now I have the problem of Crow, the window opens and nothing happens. I tried to enable and disable some sources, but nothing is still not working
Goodog

Post by Goodog »

Hi Guys

@Crow and mevangelisti: I know your feeling of frustration about this, it nearly drove me crazy too but Josh's instructions are correct. Start MM4 as administrator, right click and select 'run as admin' from the context menu. When MM4 is running, go to the install package for Lyricator and also right click and select 'run as admin' from the context. When the install window comes up uncheck the box beside 'Install for me only (does not require admin rights)' option (it may not say that exactly, I'm working from memory but it's close to that...) and click ok. Lyricator should install correctly, then restrat MM4 and go to options and uncheck the lasy two sites listed in the Lyricator section of the options and the try it. It should now work, or at least, it did for me....

Anyway, I hope this helps.

Best Regards

Goodog
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

I've right clicked on the installer but I don't get "Run as Administrator" as an option.

I'm still trying to get this script to work and none of the suggestions work.
jeekue

Post by jeekue »

Hello,

It would be nice to have more sources to download lyrics from. From the looks of the code, it doesn't look like it would be too bad to hide the specifics of each source behind an interface. This would make it much less difficult for users unfamiliar with the script to add custom sources and submit them for integration. If this change is welcome, I wouldn't mind taking a closer look at it or contributing source implementations after it's finished.

- Chris
GhOsT_MZ

Post by GhOsT_MZ »

Hi all!
I have MM 3 installed in shared folder (mapped network drive) and last version this script, and have problem with this script. He don't find lyric, but always display loading indicator, though before move MM into share folder script functionality.
How fix this?

PS: sorry for my english...
I do not speak English, so forgive me for my english
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

If you read back over the last 2 or 3 pages you'll see a couple of sources have stopped responding and you need to disable them in the options.
Stop Button Freak
azp

Post by azp »

you rock, thank you for this remake of lyricator.
form argentina

muchas gracias loco, viva la melomania
BlindSnipersInc

Post by BlindSnipersInc »

OMG I've been waiting for an updated lyricator script forever!
This is amazing! Thank you sooo soo much
mevangelisti

Post by mevangelisti »

I understand why Lyricator did not work on 64bit Windows 7. I had a problem with displaying the gadget on the desktop. I solved the problem of Gadget and now Lyricator works correctly.

Post by guest »

I think this problem was described before, but I have not found the solution for it.

I installed lyricator 1.1.1.31 (not as admin - is there a way?) - I am being told that the installation worked fine. I restart MM as admin and try to run lyricator. The window opens but is empty. At the same time I am being asked to open lyricator.htm.

If I do it opens the browser with file:///C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Temp/Lyricator.htm. I can not interact with this file. The lyricator window is still empty.

If I do not open lyricator.htm and cancel lyricator it gives me error #70 and tells me that there is a problem lyricator.vbs Line 139 Column 6

Thanks for any advise on how to circumvent this problem!
matabb

Post by matabb »

A bit of an odd problem.

Lyricator seems to have installed properly and it works fine when I use the monkey icon on the top panel. But it isn't listed as one of my scripts under Tools/Scripts. I'm used to accessing Lyricator from the Scripts menu. Any idea what's gone wrong?

Thanks
Josh

Post by Josh »

matabb wrote:A bit of an odd problem.

Lyricator seems to have installed properly and it works fine when I use the monkey icon on the top panel. But it isn't listed as one of my scripts under Tools/Scripts. I'm used to accessing Lyricator from the Scripts menu. Any idea what's gone wrong?

Thanks

This is another issue to do with having to running Media Monkey as an administrator. I just tested running MM without admin privelages and it didn't appear in the list earlier. earlier in this topic I gave instructions as to how to run as an admin.
matabb

Post by matabb »

Josh wrote:
This is another issue to do with having to running Media Monkey as an administrator. I just tested running MM without admin privelages and it didn't appear in the list earlier. earlier in this topic I gave instructions as to how to run as an admin.
Is this because I did not install the script when I was running MM as an administrator, or because I don't run MM as an administrator every time I open MM? Or both?

If I have to run MM as an administrator every time I want to use Lyricator, which is a small nuisance under Vista, I'll just use the Monkey icon.

Thanks for the reply, and, of course, for the excellent work in updating the script.

Michael
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

You must install scripts while MM is loaded as administrator.

Even then, I've run across your problem if I didn't run MM as admin so I now run it that way every time. And yes, it is an extra click to make it load but I got used to it. I'd rather that than turn off UAC as some folks do. :)
Stop Button Freak