Help setting up an alert before removing a song frm library

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

kmleo

Help setting up an alert before removing a song frm library

Post by kmleo »

Hi!

I am wondering if anyone can help me get started with a script to add some desired functionality to MM. Basically, I want to prevent myself from deleting songs that are in playlists. At the very least, I want to be alerted before I remove a song. I either want the delete dialog that currently asks me what I want to delete from (now playing/library/playlist) to say, "this song is included in x,y, z playlists, do I still want to delete?" OR I want a way to autopopulate a custom field with the playlists that a song is part of.

Anyone have advice on the best way to approach it? I am willing to code it myself, but I'm not sure where the smartest place to start is...

I appreciate your thoughts!

Krista
nohitter151

Re: Help setting up an alert before removing a song frm libr

Post by nohitter151 »

MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
kmleo

Post by kmleo »

Thank you so much!
pitflyer

Post by pitflyer »

This seems like such basic functionality, I don't understand why it isn't available in the native application. I frequently upgrade songs to higher bitrate versions and I finally noticed last night that many of my playlists are now shorter with no warning whatsoever and no ability to know what was removed from which playlist and in what order. Even WMP lets you know a song is missing from your playlist so you can correct it.

Is this script above the best option? Thanks............
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

pitflyer wrote:This seems like such basic functionality, I don't understand why it isn't available in the native application. I frequently upgrade songs to higher bitrate versions and I finally noticed last night that many of my playlists are now shorter with no warning whatsoever and no ability to know what was removed from which playlist and in what order. Even WMP lets you know a song is missing from your playlist so you can correct it.

Is this script above the best option? Thanks............
If you are updating tracks to higher bitrate, you should use the "copy/paste metadata" feature of the advanced duplicate find and fix script, it can automatically copy all metadata from one track or set of tracks to another one (including playcounts, playlists, album art, etc.). http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... +duplicate
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
MDominik13

Post by MDominik13 »

You could also try this:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... g+replacer

It adds a toolbar button that you can use to delete songs. This button will first check to see if the songs being deleted exist in any playlists. If they do, you can launch the replace which will allow you to choose a new song to use in the playlist.

I'm hoping to release a new version within the next month or so. If you do try it, let me know if you have any comments/suggestions.

Thanks,
Mike
pitflyer

Post by pitflyer »

Thanks so much for all the responses everybody, you have given me some cool new stuff to check out. Already really enjoying Bex's playlist custom field (helps see songs I may be overlooking on the go!) and like the sound of some of these others.......gracias!