Amazon cloud drive

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

linuxed

Amazon cloud drive

Post by linuxed » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:35 pm

I'm a media Monkey lifer and I just purchased my amazon cloud drive. Will their be a plugin to use it?
Linuxed

windcrest77

Re: Amazon cloud drive

Post by windcrest77 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:12 pm

At $1000 per TB it would cost me $4000 per year to store my lossless collection there. It's much cheaper to just expose a SAN device from your house through a VPN or other appliance and read that from anywhere. If the Amazon client software makes the cloud drive simply "look like" any other networked drive then MM should have no problem with it. Did you try it?

sakurakessho

Post by sakurakessho » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:07 pm

Subsonic.
*MM Gold as of 04.23.08*

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:18 am

There's currently no API for the Cloud Drive, so it will not be possibly to build a plugin just yet.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

inglesita

Post by inglesita » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:01 am

Not being able to use Amazon Cloud Player is a problem. I'm new to both Media Monkey and Amazon Cloud Player. Today I noticed that none of the CDs I spent many hours uploading using Media Monkey is showing up as discoverable by Amazon. Grrr!!! Now I wish I had used crappy Windows Media Player or greedy iTunes. Any chance that MM will resolve this issue. Not being able to play the music I own in the cloud was finally looking attainable. Now I'm frustrated. :x

inglesita

Post by inglesita » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:49 am

inglesita wrote:Not being able to play the music I own in the cloud was finally looking attainable. :x
I meant "Being able to play the music I own in the cloud was finally looking attainable."

fizzjob

Post by fizzjob » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:49 am

There's a tool called "Gladinet Cloud Desktop" that's supposed to let you assign a drive letter your Amazon Cloud Drive. Maybe that would work?

Jayson Hurst

Post by Jayson Hurst » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:07 pm

windcrest77 wrote:At $1000 per TB it would cost me $4000 per year to store my lossless collection there. It's much cheaper to just expose a SAN device from your house through a VPN or other appliance and read that from anywhere. If the Amazon client software makes the cloud drive simply "look like" any other networked drive then MM should have no problem with it. Did you try it?
It costs me $20 bucks a year for unlimited music storage.