remove leveling info from tag

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

oldfart

remove leveling info from tag

Post by oldfart » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:47 pm

Hi, is there a script or add on I can use in monkey to remove volume leveling info from the tags. I have used trixmotos clear field script, by typing in leveling of the highlighted file, but it dont do nothing. I have never used volume leveling, only analyse. I am assuming that the details tab of the properties for the selected mp3 shows tag info, or is it just the database info. Sorry if this is a silly question. If it is the database how can i remove the leveling info? I cant directly edit the leveling box. Thanks
Last edited by Lowlander on Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't double post as per forum rules

dr_snuggles

Re: remove leveling info from tag

Post by dr_snuggles » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:38 pm

greets,
clear field only wipes the db value for Leveling, its been a while i used em, but i guess the other is called AlbumLeveling.
maybe switching the leveling field with lets say custom 1 or any other empty field would budge, srry dont remember the scriptname.
to definately get rid of the tag use mp3tag,load files, press alt+t and delete the value for replaygain fields.

have fun

oldfart

Post by oldfart » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:02 pm

Hi, thanks for the response. I have used mp3tag to clear all replay gain for track/album/peak, rescanned mp3s into media monkey info still there in leveling. I then rerun clear fields script in monkey to clear leveling. Leveling info still there. I have used monkey for years and this is my first complaint re a monkey function, or should i say disfunction. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

oldfart

Post by oldfart » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:14 pm

I have asked for a solution in the help section, Thanks

oldfart

Post by oldfart » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:52 pm

well it appears im not permitted to ask in the help section, so i guess im back here. A mod has told me that there is info on the forum about this topic, A solution that looked promising was to hack the database, where the hell is the database, according to a post on this forum its in my docs/my music. Well not on this win 7 pc its not. Im using mm 3.2.5.1306. A search of the pc reveals no mediamonkey.mdb file exists. The mod has also suggested there are 3 scripts to remove leveling, can someone tell me where a script is that will remove track and album leveling. Thanks

oldfart

Post by oldfart » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:41 pm

Sorry to be a pain, but ive fixed it, I now have got rid of both track and album leveling. Seems it is almost a secret that capitalizing trixmotos clear filed script has a different result from lower case when clearing the leveling field??????????? Thanks

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:17 pm

Database location: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ticleid=17

And in MediaMonkey 4 you can edit the value manually in the Filelisting (F2).
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

oldfart

Post by oldfart » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:04 pm

Thanks lowlander, and for your patience. Both .ini and .db files were as per your link. Case solved

paddymcq

Post by paddymcq » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:41 pm

F2 allows editing track leveling, which is cool, but it does not allow editing album leveling. How do I clear the album leveling tag?