Update Location of Files in Database 1.3 (2012-06-12) [MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

swjm

Re: Update Location of Files in Database 1.0 (2012-01-09) [M

Post by swjm »

Alrighty, thank you for the update!

At least seems like it's working...more?

It's still not right, but I'm pretty tired and at this point it could just be me. It is, right now, displaying a 'searching for songs' bar that it wasn't before, though it still doesn't seem to pick up any songs.

I also had an attempt that came close, where I... don't know what I did exactly. I wasn't picking up the song, so I tried adding the one song directly into my library, and then trying to switch the data to it. I ended up with two copies of the song, and neither would make any noise when played. :P I know that wasn't quite how this was supposed to be used, but I thought I'd give it a try. No big loss.

Anyways, I'm still not actually picking up any songs with a search, but... I'll give it a more thorough try tomorrow. Thanks though!

EDIT: Huh. Apparently it may have been because it was an .m4p? More on that later...
ZvezdanD

Re: Update Location of Files in Database 1.0 (2012-01-09) [M

Post by ZvezdanD »

swjm wrote:I'm still not actually picking up any songs with a search
Thanks for database, I think that I have fixed that problem. There is the new update, v1.1 - 2012-01-31:
* Added: Update paths only for existing files option;
* Added: support for MM2;
* Fixed: displayed number of existing tracks.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
ZvezdanD

Re: Update Location of Files in Database 1.1 (2012-02-04) [M

Post by ZvezdanD »

There is the new release, v1.1.1 - 2012-02-04:
* Fixed: error with MM3 older than 3.1.0.1235.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
eXentric

Post by eXentric »

No one else seems to be reporting this problem, but I can't select anything for my Old Drive and Old Path at all (the drop-down is just empty):

My old drive was a network drive:

I'm running 4.0.2.1462 (Portable Mode). Does it have something to do with running in portable mode? I've tried running as administrator and it made no difference. And yes, I made sure I had a missing file selected. Also tried selecting the missing path under the Library -> Location.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

eXentric wrote:No one else seems to be reporting this problem, but I can't select anything for my Old Drive and Old Path at all (the drop-down is just empty):
Did you have your network drive as UNC or was it mapped to some drive letter? Could you upload your database file packed with Zip to some file server like Mediafire, so I could try to reproduce that problem?
eXentric

Post by eXentric »

It is a UNC share but I did have it mapped to drive letter 'M:'. I uploaded the database and sent you a PM with the link. I have been trying to use the "Locate Moved / Missing Files" feature and not only is it slow, but it doesn't find all the files. I've ran it three times now and it's found additional files every time. But I still have about 153 files that it thinks are missing. Thank you very much for this plugin and thank you for looking into it.
eXentric

Post by eXentric »

Oh, P.S. the zip file I sent you is the database BEFORE I started trying to use "Locate Moved / Missing Files". I made a backup and that's what I sent you. I only started trying to use the "Locate" feature when I couldn't get the plugin to work.

Thanks!
tommycrock

Post by tommycrock »

Thanks for this excellent script ZvezdanD.
I used this to change the pointer to my new NAS after a hard drive crash. However, I found that all a little slow so thought I would just push files to the NAS but use MediaMonkey locally. I've tried changing the drive pointer back to the original location (although a reformatted drive so I guess serial number changed) but it doesn't seem to work. It's a bit odd, under location the files show up as being in apparently the right place (e.g. HD:Stuff (D:) > Music > A Tribe Called Quest > Anthology) but in the Path it shows up as []\Music\A Tribe Called Quest\Anthology\02 - A Tribe Called Quest - Bonita Applebum.mp3 and the other thing is it seems like it will work - it finds all the files before changing the path.
One other note, although the transfer to the NAS worked it did throw an error message (I'm running MM debug) something along the lines of "Don't apply ReadLock when you've applied WriteLock. It can be dangerous" or the other way round - sorry, I can't remember.
tommycrock

Post by tommycrock »

And then as if by magic it's fixed!?!
I copy and paste the same Path and this time we get: D:\Music\A Tribe Called Quest\Anthology\02 - A Tribe Called Quest - Bonita Applebum.mp3
So, the thing I think made the change (but don't know) was: I right-clicked on the hard-drive under Entire Library > Location and selected properties and OKd this.
I was checking what serial was shown to see if it matched the serial of the new drive or the old drive (it did match).
...?
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

tommycrock wrote:And then as if by magic it's fixed!?!
Have you restarted the program? MM3 doesn't update the drive letter in the tracklists unless you restart the program, instead of MM2 and MM4 which update it immediately.
kazadharri

Post by kazadharri »

I was wondering if this could help me out? The problem I have was caused by a DB crash (NAS). I was able to recover the data, but when MM4 started up the first time it recreated the data during its first scan with file monitor. So now I have duplicates of every song. But the wrinkle is the Old path songs, ie.. greyed out ones have all the play counts, ratings, played information, etc.. While the "New" entries just have the basic file information.

Unfortunately the OLD path is no longer valid. I also have not been able to get Bek's Adv Dups script to run. So that option seemd to be out. Do you think this can help?
tommycrock

Post by tommycrock »

kazadharri: Sounds like it should be able to - has the address you're pointing to changed? Do the two sets of songs appear under different location nodes?
As I guess you know the other option would be copy/paste metadata with Bex's advanced dup find and fix - odd you can't get that running.
Last edited by tommycrock on Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
tommycrock

Post by tommycrock »

ZvezdanD wrote:Have you restarted the program? MM3 doesn't update the drive letter
No, I didn't and I'm running MM4 1470 in debug.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

tommycrock wrote:No, I didn't and I'm running MM4 1470 in debug.
Well, then I don't know what happened to you. MM4 should refresh the tracklist with updated drive letters just fine, I am having the described problem only with MM3. Maybe it could help if you upload your packed database file to some file server like Mediafire, so I could try to reproduce that problem by myself.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

kazadharri wrote:Do you think this can help?
You have several solutions with different add-ons.
1. Using this add-on:
- turn off File Monitor;
- exit the program;
- delete the current MM.DB and copy the old MM.DB file into the same folder;
- start the program;
- apply this add-on with specified old and new base paths;
- restart the program (just to be sure) and turn on File Monitor.

2. Using Restore/Synchronize Database add-on:
- exit the program;
- delete the current MM.DB but do not copy any MM.DB file into the same folder;
- start the program;
- wait for program to scan your media files using File Monitor;
- open the Restore/Synchronize Database dialog box;
- specify old MM.DB file and which data you want to restore, e.g. playhistory, playlists, Rating...
- click the Import button.

3. Using Track Redirection & Synchronization add-on:
a) open the Track Redirections Options dialog box and select which tags you want to copy, e.g. Rating;
b) open the Create Redirections/Copy Metadata dialog box;
c) select Folders and specify old (Master) and new (Copy) base paths;
d) click the Synchronize button;
e) repeat b) and c) and click the Transfer ps. button if you want to copy play history & stats.