Update Location of Files in Database 1.3 (2012-06-12) [MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

MM3 monkey

Re: Update Location of Files in Database 1.3 (2012-06-12) [M

Post by MM3 monkey »

Thanks so much, Zvezdan. I've been putting off doing this for ages as I didn't really know what to do.

Your script made it super-easy.

Thanks and all the best.
MMW 4.1.9.1764|MMA 1.1.3.0482|Android 5.0|Win 8.1 64 bit
brooklynspo

Post by brooklynspo »

Thank you so much for an extremely useful script.
YoursTruly

Post by YoursTruly »

hello ZvezdanD i cannot believe this is happening again!!

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 45#p333200

new wiredless HDD - MY BOOK LIVE

as ive already mapped to the new location, i cant do it again, old and new path are the same
I can play all the files direct from their location within MM... just not playlists or MY MUSIC, unless I re-scan all over again?

please help me and tell me what you need?
thanks YoursTruly
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

YoursTruly wrote:as ive already mapped to the new location, i cant do it again, old and new path are the same
It seems that you are using some old version of the add-on which had such bug. It is removed in v1.3.2 - 2012-06-01:
* Fixed: update when the old and new paths are same with the same drive letters, but with different drive serial numbers.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
BenLasher

Post by BenLasher »

I can't get the download to work.

I am running Windows7 64 bit.

The downloaded file is a zip file. If I rename it to a .mmip file as mentioned in the directions, and then double click it, nothing seems to happen.

If I xtract the zip file to a directory, I get a VB Script file, which also seems to do nothing if I double click it.

Any thoughts? Is 64 bit W7 my problem?
benlasher

Post by benlasher »

Correction. If I double click the renamed .mmip file, it still behaves like a zip file and wants to extract the files.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

benlasher wrote:Correction. If I double click the renamed .mmip file, it still behaves like a zip file and wants to extract the files.
You probably didn't really change the extension. You need to change your Win explorer settings to show file extensions.

Alternatively, use a different browser to download the extension. I believe its only an issue when you download the files with Internet explorer. Try Chrome or Firefox.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
benlasher

Post by benlasher »

You got it. I wasn't actually changing the file extension.

Fixed that, executed the script and it worked like a dream.

Thanks for the quick response.

Great product.
_Chris_

Post by _Chris_ »

Where is the product please? All my tracks are playable within their folders, but are all greyed out just in the playlists - would this help please?
tsp

Post by tsp »

thanks so much for this .... I had resized the partition with all my music, MediaMonkey did not like this for some reason, all links grayed out

this worked flawlessly
sallenson

Post by sallenson »

I have MM 4.1 installed on my desktop hard drive [C:\etc] with all of my music (except for some podcasts) on a separate USB drive. All was working fine until a couple of days ago when the external hard drive corrupted. So now the entries in MM are greyed out (of course) and I need to start the process of getting my most recent back up sorted out and hopefully not losing too much. And putting in a replacement USB drive. About 158,000 files in total.

My old external drive always mapped as an F: drive: F:\Final\1. Rock & Pop (etc. with different subdirectories by genre) In the main MM view the Path view for each track says [FreeAgent Drive]\Final\1.Rock & Pop (etc.). So there is no explicit lettered drive mapping, it uses the name of the old disk (RIP).

The new drive I'll also keep mapped as F: with the underlying directories the same as they were before. So in effect the only thing that will change is the name of the disk (unless I change it) and obviously the serial number.

Obvious and hopefully simple questions:

What do I need to enter as the old and new values to do the location update?
Do you have any tips on how to make this as painfree as possible?
Am I right in assuming that all the track-specific metadata (including rating and playcounts, etc.) will be transferred over.

Getting my music sorted onto the new drive may be an ugly experience. But I've invested a lot of time in getting the MM data correct and can't afford for this to screw up.

Fingers crossed this can be a simple process.

Thanks
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

ZvezdanD thanks so much for this script. Like so many of your other scripts this really hit the spot. I added a new 4tb drive to my 3 other drives and copied the files from that drive to the new one (outside of MMW for speed). Then used 'Find Moved Missing Files' but it left out several dozen files (all videos .. last time i did music this process worked flawlessly).

So Nohitter151 suggested this script and although in a couple of cases it is a little more time consuming it worked great. Yeah!

Thanks again
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Pietercape

Post by Pietercape »

Hi Zvezdan,
My database is 220GB - 10500 files of mostly classical music and a very specific structure and lots of manually customized metadata. I was forced to migrate to a new hard drive and read the forums and really dreaded the migration. Eventually I took the plunge, downloaded your script, closed my eyes, held my breath and envisioned hours spent fixing MediaMonkey.

Well, your script took exactly 37.6 seconds to do it all!!

A HUGE THANK YOU to you. My donation is in. Hope my experience encourages others out there to just do it.
Lifetime Gold - User for 18 years
Library 23k tracks
vinnie2k

Post by vinnie2k »

Hi Zvezdan,

Thanks for a great script.

Question: I want to move the file references in my MM Library to a relative path on my Synology NAS.
The script does not allow me to do that because it needs to validate the new path, which is inaccessible from my PC.

Any solution?
Thanks!
V.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

vinnie2k wrote:Question: I want to move the file references in my MM Library to a relative path on my Synology NAS.
The script does not allow me to do that because it needs to validate the new path, which is inaccessible from my PC.
MediaMonkey stores only absolute paths in database, it doesn't support relative paths. Anyway, I don't understand why you would want to store paths in database that are not accessible from the same PC that has installed MM with that database.

By the way, you should use UNC paths for the files stored on network drives, if you didn't already. Using mapped network drives is not recommended.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2