Quick Shuffle Toggling

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

NateW

Quick Shuffle Toggling

Post by NateW »

Hi, I recently decided to try out MediaMonkey as a replacement to iTunes. So far I like it. In particular it seems to run a lot quicker than iTunes, which is very nice. Looking through the forums, it seems that there are a lot of questions about Shuffle, so pardon me if this has been asked before, but I didn't find a definitive answer to my question.

I prefer to run MediaMonkey in the minimized mode in the system tray, where I can double click it and pop up the Now Playing list. I usually run my whole library in the Now Playing, and I want an easy way to switch shuffle on and off, without having to maximize the whole program and go to the Play menu. I found the shuffle toggle on the mini-player, but I don't use that, since it isn't independent of the main window. I'm also aware of the randomize list feature in the Now Playing window, but I don't want to randomize the list, as it is sorted alphabetically by artist and I'll often scroll to find a particular song I want to listen to.

Is there any script or maybe something I'm missing that will allow me to quickly toggle shuffle on/off without having to open the full MediaMonkey? Would it be easy to write a script that might be able to set a hotkey or something for this?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

As far as I am aware, you cannot toggle shuffle from a script. I don't know about hotkeys, but this might be the best solution.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

I'm suprise too that it's not possible via script :(
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Maybe a scripting genius will come up with a way, but I can't find an methods in the helpfile that look even remotely promising, sorry :(
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
NateW

Post by NateW »

Too bad. Maybe a future version. Thanks for the info.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Maybe suggest this in the wishlist forum if it's a feature you really want - no doubt others will too! :)