MyCustomNodes script error

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

teapot

MyCustomNodes script error

Post by teapot »

Since upgrading to MM4 Gold, I get script error "Object Required: SDB.MainTree.CurrentNode" every time I start MM with this script in Auto. I know this is an old script that probably isn't being updated as I've searched the forums and can't find any current information. I also know there are newer scripts, such as MagicNodes and Tagging Inconsistencies, but this one does just what I want and I don't have to go through the steep learning curve to set up all the custom nodes I used to have.

I assume Object SDB.MainTree.CurrentNode no longer exists in MM4 or has been renamed. Can anyone give me the equivalent new Object name in MM4 ?
MM Gold:Lifetime version 4.1.25.1895
Windows 7
Denon AVR-X2600H
LG TV OLED65C9PUA
Wired LAN connections
Steegy

Re: MyCustomNodes script error

Post by Steegy »

Afaik the object still exists, see also http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... urrentNode
Possibly scripts are launched sooner in the startup process of MM4 than in previous versions, and so the 'tree' might not yet ready when the script is run.

Like the wiki entry says, the script should first check if there is a current node (if the object is valid) before using it:

Code: Select all

If Not (SDB.MainTree.CurrentNode Is Nothing) Then
  	'do logic that uses SDB.MainTree.CurrentNode
  End If
But probably just adding that to the script won't work. You might have to use a MM event to run the script logic as soon as MM (and the tree) is completely initialized, instead of immediately.

MyCustomNodes script thread
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
teapot

Post by teapot »

Thank you for the info Steegy. I'll take a run at modifying the script.
Windows 7
Denon AVR-X2600H
LG TV OLED65C9PUA
Wired LAN connections
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

teapot wrote:Thank you for the info Steegy. I'll take a run at modifying the script.
If you get something workable please share, I've missed this script since updating to MM4.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
teapot

Post by teapot »

Even with the error at MM4 startup, the script seems to work fine. I won't have time to dig into it until this winter, but will post results if I'm able to fix it.
Windows 7
Denon AVR-X2600H
LG TV OLED65C9PUA
Wired LAN connections