Backup Playlists 2.2 - Updated 18/10/10

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

misplacedamerican

Re: Backup Playlists 2.1 [MM2+3]

Post by misplacedamerican »

Gotcha,

Thanks for the tip
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

I tried this, exported from my old existing database, to a new clean scan mm 3.1 database, but I don't get any auto-playlists imported.

Originally I also had some import errors, I think apostraphes in the auto-playlist title are not escaped properly.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Ok, I'll check this out.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Darryl_Gittins

says "playlist already exists" playlists are not imported

Post by Darryl_Gittins »

When I try to import (restore) my playlists from BackupPlaylists.DB, I get the message "playlist already exists" on each playlist when the report appears. However, the playlists do not actually exist, and none of the playlists are imported - they do not appear in my list of playlists.

Mediamonky thinks the playlists are there already- the list of playlist names must be stored somewhere, but I can't figure out where. :(

Many thanks for any suggestions!
Darryl_Gittins

Post by Darryl_Gittins »

I tried deleting all of my playlists and then ran the import again, and got the same results - it says "playlist already exists" - only now, I have no playlists at all.

(I made a backup of the MM.DB before I did this so I can restore it and get the playlists I had back).

I'm fresh out of ideas though! :-?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well it checks the Playlists table in the MM database. What name is throwing an error? Maybe you could use the "SQL Viewer" script to query the Playlists table and see what's in there. You could also use that script to clear out the table if needs be. The "File > Maintain Library" might be able to help as well, but I don't know.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Darryl_Gittins

Post by Darryl_Gittins »

Whoa! You're a genius, Trix!! I used the SQL script, and saw all the playlists listed. I deleted them all, then ran the import script, and it worked!
More on the sql tool here:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =1&t=39882

THANKS!! :D
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks, glad I could help! :)
auburnrose55

Post by auburnrose55 »

I tried restoring my playlists to a freshly rebuilt library. I found the same issues already reported about errors if a playlist name contains an apostrophe. So I restored my previous library, renamed the offending playlists to remove the apostrophes, and backed-up the playlists again. I then tried the restore playlists again - the script reported that all my playslits were restored, and it listed them all correctly, but I had several sets of nested playlists (autoplaylists nested under a static playlist), and only one set of those nested playlists was actually restored. So the script said everything was successful, but most of the nested playlists were missing. When I get a chance I'll go back again to the old library build, move all autoplaylists out of the nested structure and try again.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yes, as stated this script only backups up autoplaylists and their criteria, so if you've got them nested with manual playlists then it won't work properly.
ripndip

Post by ripndip »

Is this script still needed? Doesn't MM export playlists for you? I would like to convert my WMP autoplaylists if that's possible.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

ripndip wrote:Is this script still needed? Doesn't MM export playlists for you?
Yes it does but this script allows the user to set it up to automatically export them on a schedule.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This script exports the autoplaylist criteria and rules out of the database, not a list of tracks like a manual playlist.
ripndip

Post by ripndip »

Thank you for the response TrixMoto, you're the best. You give a lot to the MM community.

Does anyone know of a way to convert WMP/Itunes auto playlists or load them into MM?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

It should be possible to write a script to convert WPL files (WMP smartplaylists) into MM playlists, but as far as I'm aware no one has. It's been on my list for a while, a long while!