Discogs Tagger 5.77 (Updated: 2020-10-01)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

TheMcShan

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.17 (Updated: 2015-01-26)

Post by TheMcShan »

The "Rename 'feat' to :" and feat. "Artist behind Title" do not work when tagging with musicbrainz
crap_inhuman

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.17 (Updated: 2015-01-26)

Post by crap_inhuman »

torqpoc wrote:ISRC now appears in the drop down box for "Choose Field for saving catalog number", and can be selected. However once selected it doesn't seem to work, when you go back into Options the field is blank as if the selection didn't happen. When you perform a tag update through Auto Update from Web the Catalog number doesn't update the ISRC field.

In fact what i'm seeing is that the ISRC field is being populated by the Discogs release number irrespective of what is selected for the Discogs Tagger field "Choose Field for Saving Release Number". I've now tested this with "Don't Save", "Custom 1", etc.. and whatever I pick, the Discogs Release Number is sent to the ISRC field automatically.
TheMcShan wrote:The "Rename 'feat' to :" and feat. "Artist behind Title" do not work when tagging with musicbrainz
Thank you for reporting this bug ! Please download the new Version 5.1.8 of the script.
Metal up your ass !
-----------------------------------------------
I added my first 2 videos on youtube. The language is german.

Discogs Autorisierung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryxKKtnEnc
Discogs Tagger Bedienung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Wk-5rd-W0
torqpoc

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.18 (Updated: 2015-02-05)

Post by torqpoc »

Just tested the Discogs catalog number being sent to the IRSC field and this is now working! Thank you very much =)
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

torqpoc wrote:Just tested the Discogs catalog number being sent to the IRSC field and this is now working! Thank you very much =)
i'm happy reading it :wink:
Metal up your ass !

MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

I am trying to get this thing to work.
It appears like it wants to work, but here is the thing:

I can't stand internet Explorer. I use Firefox.
I have an account with Discogs.

Whenever I open Auto-tagfw, it says I need an account with discogs and opens IE to Discogs login page.
Okay, I get it, it wants me to log in first. But IE is not set as default browser, Firefox is and I'm already logged into Discogs
through Firefox. I really don't want to have to log into IE to make it work, please tell me I don't have to. :-?

My Firefox is portable and a cookies exception is made for discogs.
I tried installing with MM closed and open.

Using .1728RC with current DT downloaded from add-ons page today.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime since 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
track properties; dir/fn mask configurations; check out ZvezdanD's scripts
MMW 4.1.18.1842b; fav scripts > RegExp Find & Replace 5.1.0; Magic Nodes 5.1.0; Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2;
Backup 6.0; Clear Now Playing Button 1.2
...always back it up, especially before doing anything major!!!
Win. explorer alt. for power users [free]; great file/folder renamer [used by nasa]
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You have to as the browser is an integrated part of MM and thus uses IE by force.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Lowlander wrote:You have to as the browser is an integrated part of MM and thus uses IE by force.
If it won't work for Discogs Tagger I Understand. Bummer! :(

But MM doesn't force use IE for "everything", as it works with Firefox just fine for the web links in file list.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime since 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
MMW 4.1.18.1842b; fav scripts > RegExp Find & Replace 5.1.0; Magic Nodes 5.1.0; Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2;
Win. explorer alt. for power users [free]; great file/folder renamer [used by nasa]
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That's different (and only partially true as a link from Auto-Tag from Web opens in IE) as you're just opening a link, not using an integrated browser through script access.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Lowlander wrote:(...a link from Auto-Tag from Web opens in IE)
So a link opens in IE without opening IE?
...because there isn't anything that "appears" to activate IE.

I believe you, I'm just trying to understand.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Auto-Tag from Web is already IE, thus any links from it open in IE, whereas Help > Help Content opens your default browser (as you're not opening it from IE).
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

MMFrLife wrote:as it works with Firefox just fine for the web links in file list.
Okay, I guess. I mean, I think I understand the basic idea of what you're saying for Auto-Tag From Web.
I think I was partly confused because I didn't realize that the "web links" in the file list (the little upturned arrows)
are part of Auto-Tag From Web.

I thought it was separate and primarily used simpy to invoke a browser for the purpose
of just finding info on an artist, album, etc. for discovery/learning purposes and looking to purchase items.
Even though, you could also use some of that to "manually" tag.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MMFrLife wrote:I think I was partly confused because I didn't realize that the "web links" in the file list (the little upturned arrows)
are part of Auto-Tag From Web.
Those are not Auto-Tag from Web and will open in default browser.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Lowlander wrote:That's different (and only partially true as a link from Auto-Tag from Web opens in IE) as you're just opening a link, not using an integrated browser through script access.
This is where it got confused, as you responded by talking about Auto-Tagfw.

Okay, gotcha now though! :)
Still a bummer about DT. :( Oh well, I'll have to think on using it.
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

Programming is much easier using Windows internal interfaces. But Windows only provide IE. Using VBScript doesn't make this easier. There is no switch to toggle the browser..
Metal up your ass !

MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

crap_inhuman wrote:Programming is much easier using Windows internal interfaces. But Windows only provide IE. Using VBScript doesn't make this easier. There is no switch to toggle the browser..
Yeah, I might give in to using it at some point. I am curious about it. Problem is, I'm not that big into tagging a lot of the "extra fields"
with set/established info. I was thinking of possibly getting into it a little more. The "extra" stuff I do is more custom to whatever I want to note with words or symbols.