Discogs Tagger 5.84 (Updated: 2024-01-03)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

crap_inhuman

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.01 (Updated: 2014-09-09)

Post by crap_inhuman »

Imkal wrote:Hi All,

Since last version of MM, the batch tagger doesn't work anymore. I receive an error saying that a variable is trying to an arry outside its boundary (or something like that) at line 892. This is happening what ever the album I'm choosing.?

Thanks and have a nice day,
Imkal
Hi,

thank you for reporting this bug.
I answered your question in the Discogs Batch Tagger Thread.

Cheers,
crap_inhuman
Metal up your ass !
-----------------------------------------------
I added my first 2 videos on youtube. The language is german.

Discogs Autorisierung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryxKKtnEnc
Discogs Tagger Bedienung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Wk-5rd-W0
Scoris

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.0 (Updated: 2014-09-07)

Post by Scoris »

crap_inhuman wrote:
Scoris wrote:
crap_inhuman wrote:I released a new Version 5.0

Now you can use Musicbrainz.org for search, too !

Please post any problems and bugs here in this threat, thank you !
Attempted to use MBz for search on previously tagged albums (to verify that info was correct). Found that with multiple albums I would get VBS errors.

For example AC/DC Ballbreaker tags fine in discogs but MBz gives me the following errors.

Error #-2147024891- msxml6.dll
Access is denied.

File: "C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Scripts\DiscogsAutoTagWeb.vbs", Line: 3428, Column: 5

Hi Scoris,

please reinstall the script and choose the option "only install for me".

Scoris wrote:Also gives the error

Error happened during script execution:
List index out of bounds (0)

Thanks
I need the line number (Second error message) to find the bug. And Artist and Album you searched for would be great !

Sorry for the long delay before responding. However trying to tag the same album AC/DC - Ballbreaker in this case caused both errors. It didn't give a line number. Both errors are typed as presented.
There is also a third error that I missed the first time, happens between the other two. listed as

Access is denied.

Then out of bounds error that shows up behind auto-tag window.

Still happens after reinstalling extension, restarting MM. I used the same album this time for continuity.
I have also tried being logged in and not logged in to MBz with no change.

Thanks,
Scoris
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

Scoris wrote:Sorry for the long delay before responding. However trying to tag the same album AC/DC - Ballbreaker in this case caused both errors. It didn't give a line number. Both errors are typed as presented.
There is also a third error that I missed the first time, happens between the other two. listed as

Access is denied.

Then out of bounds error that shows up behind auto-tag window.

Still happens after reinstalling extension, restarting MM. I used the same album this time for continuity.
I have also tried being logged in and not logged in to MBz with no change.

Thanks,
Scoris
If you try to tag another album there are no errors ?

If you have Win 7 the script shouldn't be in this directory C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Scripts\DiscogsAutoTagWeb.vbs
It should be here : c:\users\USERNAME\appdata\roaming\mediamonkey\scripts". Please take a look at this place if there is the script or not.
Metal up your ass !

Scoris

Post by Scoris »

If you try to tag another album there are no errors ?
This appears to be happening only on some albums, not all. For example I tried the following albums in addition to the AC/DC one and got the same errors. But tried multiple albums without errors.

AC/DC - Black Ice
AC/DC - Blow up your Video

Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck & Jimmy Page -
Blue Eyed Blues

Bobby Darin - The Hit Singles Collection
Line: 3428, Column:5

I also tried Simon & Garfunkel
Parsley, Sage, Rosemary & Thyme
And got the following error
(Line : 6765, Column: 3)
This one looked like it was looking for a { somewhere.
If you have Win 7 the script shouldn't be in this directory C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Scripts\DiscogsAutoTagWeb.vbs
It should be here : c:\users\USERNAME\appdata\roaming\mediamonkey\scripts". Please take a look at this place if there is the script or not.
I checked this and there isn't a vbs script in the first directory. It does exist in the appdata directory.

Thanks.

Scoris
tj_junk

Post by tj_junk »

12) Allow user to edit data in the "files to update" grid. The Amazon Taggers allow the user to edit results before saving; however, the Discogs Tagger does not. You can type in the "files to update" grid, but it ignores anything that you type and immediately reverts to the Discogs text as soon as you exit the field.

Other MM tools allow and acknowledge grid edits. For example, the "Auto-Organize File [Ctrl-R]" grid allows the user to edit items in the "New Path" column. I wish the Discogs Tagger would allow edits to the rows that are highlighted in the grid.

13) In the Composer, Conductor, Lyricist, and Producer results, you might consider replacing ', ' and ' & ' with '; ' -- since i believe semicolon is the preferred standard for MM. If i understand correctly, MM treats semicolon as a distinguishing separator (for features like Magic Nodes),whereas comma and ampersand are treated simply as text.

14) The keywords for Composer, Conductor, Lyricist, Producer, and Featuring should automatically handle the ' [[^]]+]" pattern. For example, i have had to add these to the keyword options in order to get them to parse correctly: "Lyrics By [L],Lyrics By [M & T]", "Conductor [Orchestra],Conductor [Recording Conducted By]", "Producer [Additional]", and "Music By [M]".

15) When the user selects a filter in one of the filter popups (e.g., Year, Country, etc.), Tagger should change the corresponding dropdown to "Use Filter", as a convenience.

16) Filter out or deselect "non-tracks". Many albums have track listings that contain extra lines that are like section headers (e.g., "Bonus Tracks", "Extra Bonus Track", "-", "Finale Bonus Tracks:", "Act 1:", "Act 2:", or even original album names on listings for box sets). Those get parsed as if they were tracks, and they get automatically selected. This often screws up the track numbering. Is there a way to filter those out? If track listings are generally numbered throughout Discogs, then the best solution would be to filter out the lines that aren't numbered. However, if that's not the case, then i suppose you could resort to another "keywords" configuration in the Tool Options. Here are some examples that demonstrate:
Any of the items that are MM's responsibility, I will forward to the MM development team.

Thanks again. I truly admire the effort you have put into this tool.
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

tj_junk wrote:12) Allow user to edit data in the "files to update" grid. The Amazon Taggers allow the user to edit results before saving; however, the Discogs Tagger does not. You can type in the "files to update" grid, but it ignores anything that you type and immediately reverts to the Discogs text as soon as you exit the field.
The grid is controlled by mm. I always thought, that it was not possible. But i would be happy, if someone know how to control the grid and allow the edits. Or the development team make it possible.
tj_junk wrote:Other MM tools allow and acknowledge grid edits. For example, the "Auto-Organize File [Ctrl-R]" grid allows the user to edit items in the "New Path" column. I wish the Discogs Tagger would allow edits to the rows that are highlighted in the grid.
If i can i would allow the edits. This would be a very useful function !
tj_junk wrote:13) In the Composer, Conductor, Lyricist, and Producer results, you might consider replacing ', ' and ' & ' with '; ' -- since i believe semicolon is the preferred standard for MM. If i understand correctly, MM treats semicolon as a distinguishing separator (for features like Magic Nodes),whereas comma and ampersand are treated simply as text.
I added some time ago the option to change the separator. Take a look in the options !
tj_junk wrote:14) The keywords for Composer, Conductor, Lyricist, Producer, and Featuring should automatically handle the ' [[^]]+]" pattern. For example, i have had to add these to the keyword options in order to get them to parse correctly: "Lyrics By [L],Lyrics By [M & T]", "Conductor [Orchestra],Conductor [Recording Conducted By]", "Producer [Additional]", and "Music By [M]".
You can add a "*" to the keyword e.g. "Music by*", this should solve your problem !
tj_junk wrote:15) When the user selects a filter in one of the filter popups (e.g., Year, Country, etc.), Tagger should change the corresponding dropdown to "Use Filter", as a convenience.
I agree. I change this in the next release.
I'm happy someone using the saveable filters i added long time ago. :)
tj_junk wrote:16) Filter out or deselect "non-tracks". Many albums have track listings that contain extra lines that are like section headers (e.g., "Bonus Tracks", "Extra Bonus Track", "-", "Finale Bonus Tracks:", "Act 1:", "Act 2:", or even original album names on listings for box sets). Those get parsed as if they were tracks, and they get automatically selected. This often screws up the track numbering. Is there a way to filter those out? If track listings are generally numbered throughout Discogs, then the best solution would be to filter out the lines that aren't numbered. However, if that's not the case, then i suppose you could resort to another "keywords" configuration in the Tool Options. Here are some examples that demonstrate:
The script filtered index-tracks out, but then i changed some code, so it doesn't work anymore. I will make it working again.
These tracks (non-tracks, index-tracks, headings, sub-tracks) are a big problem of discogs. And a big problem for scripts like discogs tagger.
At last Discogs recognizes it and changed the structure of these tracks. Before changing the structure, contributors can add an index-track for: section headers, Start of sub-tracks, whatever. And to make matters worse, the contributors use sometimes "-" to separate between CD / Track in the tracknumbering, sometimes "." or nothing. Sometimes their separate sub-tracks with ".", sometimes with "-".
The new structure split the index tracks into Headings and Subtracks. The problem is, "all" Discogs releases with index tracks have to revise..
What i'm trying to say is, writing a script to parse this isn't easy. :( :wink:
tj_junk wrote:Any of the items that are MM's responsibility, I will forward to the MM development team.

Thanks again. I truly admire the effort you have put into this tool.
I would be happy, if you forward them to the MM development team. This would help me.
Metal up your ass !

tj_junk

Post by tj_junk »

17) Currently, when you click an option, it seems to reload the entire page (doing something like a webpage postback), and it returns focus to the top of the page. This can be annoying when the user scrolls down to check/uncheck multiple options. In these situations, you have to wait for the page to reload, then scroll back down and click the then next option... Then wait for the page to reload, then scroll back down and click the next option... Etc., etc. Is there any way to avoid the "postback" effect? Something like "AJAX"?

crap_inhuman wrote:
tj_junk wrote:12) Allow user to edit data in the "files to update" grid. The Amazon Taggers allow the user to edit results before saving; however, the Discogs Tagger does not. You can type in the "files to update" grid, but it ignores anything that you type and immediately reverts to the Discogs text as soon as you exit the field.
The grid is controlled by mm. I always thought, that it was not possible. But i would be happy, if someone know how to control the grid and allow the edits. Or the development team make it possible... If i can i would allow the edits. This would be a very useful function !
To demonstrate, try using "Auto-Tag from Web" and select one of the Amazon sites from the Options menu. In the "files to update" grid, you can edit any cell and it will apply your changes when you press Auto-tag. The Discogs script doesn't allow that -- as soon as you exit the cell, your edits are lost. The Discogs script must be handling some kind of OnChange() event that prevents the user from editing cells in the grid.

crap_inhuman wrote:
tj_junk wrote:1) "Every invol. people single line" seems to work opposite how the name would suggest. If checked, "Involved People" are displayed on separate lines...
Thank you for the tip. I will change the text to "Every invol. people on separate lines".
How about "Involved people on individual lines"? :)

14) The keywords [options] for Composer, Conductor, Lyricist, Producer, and Featuring should automatically handle [patterns like] ... "Conductor [Orchestra],Conductor [Recording Conducted By]", "Producer [Additional]", and "Music By [M]".
You can add a "*" to the keyword e.g. "Music by*", this should solve your problem !
That tip works perfectly! Thank you! (#14 -- done!) :)
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

tj_junk wrote:17) Currently, when you click an option, it seems to reload the entire page (doing something like a webpage postback), and it returns focus to the top of the page. This can be annoying when the user scrolls down to check/uncheck multiple options. In these situations, you have to wait for the page to reload, then scroll back down and click the then next option... Then wait for the page to reload, then scroll back down and click the next option... Etc., etc. Is there any way to avoid the "postback" effect? Something like "AJAX"?
I'm not an HTML Guru. It should be possible to change it, but i can't do that, sorry.
tj_junk wrote:
crap_inhuman wrote:
The grid is controlled by mm. I always thought, that it was not possible. But i would be happy, if someone know how to control the grid and allow the edits. Or the development team make it possible... If i can i would allow the edits. This would be a very useful function !
To demonstrate, try using "Auto-Tag from Web" and select one of the Amazon sites from the Options menu. In the "files to update" grid, you can edit any cell and it will apply your changes when you press Auto-tag. The Discogs script doesn't allow that -- as soon as you exit the cell, your edits are lost. The Discogs script must be handling some kind of OnChange() event that prevents the user from editing cells in the grid.
I just played with the grid and found some surprising "features". :wink: Please edit a cell in the discogs tagger. The edit seems lost. But right-click on the song, choosing properties and investigate the tag you edited. Yes, mm saved it ! Close the script, open the properties of the song and wonder about the updated tag. :-?

tj_junk wrote:
crap_inhuman wrote:
tj_junk wrote:1) "Every invol. people single line" seems to work opposite how the name would suggest. If checked, "Involved People" are displayed on separate lines...
Thank you for the tip. I will change the text to "Every invol. people on separate lines".
How about "Involved people on individual lines"? :)
Thank you ! Shorter and clearer ! :wink:
tj_junk wrote:
crap_inhuman wrote:
tj_junk wrote:14) The keywords [options] for Composer, Conductor, Lyricist, Producer, and Featuring should automatically handle [patterns like] ... "Conductor [Orchestra],Conductor [Recording Conducted By]", "Producer [Additional]", and "Music By [M]".
That tip works perfectly! Thank you! (#14 -- done!) :)
You're welcome !
Metal up your ass !

OfficiallyBrown

Post by OfficiallyBrown »

Any time it saves lyrics to a track, it puts something like this in front of it

<script>(function() {var opts = {artist: "All_That_Remains",song: "And Death In My Arms",adunit_id: 39382076,div_id: "cf_async_" + Math.floor((Math.random() * 999999999))};document.write('');var c=function(){cf.showAsyncAd(opts)};if(window.cf)c();else{cf_async=!0;var r=document.createElement("script"),s=document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];r.async=!0;r.src="//srv.tonefuse.com/showads/showad.js";r.readyState?r.onreadystatechange=function(){if("loaded"==r.readyState||"complete"==r.readyState)r.onreadystatechange=null,c()}:r.onload=c;s.parentNode.insertBefore(r,s)};})();</script>
tj_junk

Post by tj_junk »

OfficiallyBrown wrote:Any time it saves lyrics to a track, it puts something like this in front of it

<script>(function() {var opts = ... [basically, a bunch of html and script garbage]

Mr. Brown, I believe you are 'Officially' mistaken. Discogs Tagger does not touch lyrics. (It does not look them up, and it does not modify them. In fact, its resource site, Discogs.com, does not even host song lyric data.)

The issue that you describe has to do with the built-in lyrics finder that was introduced in MM 4. The "html garbage" was documented in other threads, BUT it was fixed in MM beta 4.1.5.

If you want a solution, you'll have to download the MM beta or disable the feature in Tools > Options > Library > Metadata lookup.
Again, the Discogs Tagger does not touch lyrics.
Last edited by tj_junk on Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
OfficiallyBrown

Post by OfficiallyBrown »

tj_junk wrote: I believe you are "officially" mistaken. The Discogs Tagger doesn't look up or modify lyrics.

The issue that your are referring to was documented in the Lyricator thread (see http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... &start=105), and it was resolved in MM beta 4.1.5.

Please download MM beta 4.1.5 or newer to fix the issue on your machine, and if you experience any issues with the newer beta, please post them in the appropriate thread.
The only addons I have are this, Artist Top Tracks and DiscogsImages, so i dont think it's that
crap_inhuman

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.10 (Updated: 2014-10-15)

Post by crap_inhuman »

I released a new Discogs Tagger Version. See the first post in this thread for details !

Please test and report bugs ! Happy tagging :wink:
Metal up your ass !

tj_junk

Post by tj_junk »

Just started testing...
  • I LOVE the new "ignore these tags" feature. That works extremely well -- a simple, but very useful enhancement! :)
  • "Don't copy empty values to non-empty fields" seem to do exactly what it says.
  • Moving the label information to the end of the search results string is a big improvement.
  • Showing track count for MusicBrains search result will be useful in selecting the right album.
  • Moving Year filter to the left of Country is brilliant. That will prevent a lot of side-scrolling.
  • "Save selected 'more images' after closing popup". I don't think this is working any differently than before, but i will test some more.
    • I enabled the Tools > Option to "Save selected more images..."
    • Went to the Tagger and selected an album from the dropdown.
    • Went to More Images, selected a couple of images and hit OK.
    • Closed the Tagger without pressing Auto-Tag and checked properties to see if images were saved. (They were not saved.)
    • Went back in, selected an album
    • Selected another album from the dropdown.
    • Went to More Images, selected another image and hit OK.
    • Hit Auto-Tag, then closed the Tagger window.
    • After the Tagger window closed, i still got prompted to "Save selected images", which refers to the More Images, same as before.
    • Then i checked the properties. => The last image was saved, but the ones that i had just selected before that were not.
  • "Show original Discogs track position". Is this new? What does this do?
  • Getting a lot of these errors: "Expected ']' in regular expression", line 7311, column 3, in the vbs file. Probably an easy fix.
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

tj_junk wrote:Just started testing...
  • I LOVE the new "ignore these tags" feature. That works extremely well -- a simple, but very useful enhancement! :)
  • "Don't copy empty values to non-empty fields" seem to do exactly what it says.
  • Moving the label information to the end of the search results string is a big improvement.
  • Showing track count for MusicBrains search result will be useful in selecting the right album.
  • Moving Year filter to the left of Country is brilliant. That will prevent a lot of side-scrolling.
I'm glad to read that. Thank you for your good feature requests !
tj_junk wrote:[*]"Save selected 'more images' after closing popup". I don't think this is working any differently than before, but i will test some more.
  • I enabled the Tools > Option to "Save selected more images..."
  • Went to the Tagger and selected an album from the dropdown.
  • Closed the Tagger without pressing Auto-Tag and checked properties to see if images were saved. (They were not saved.)
  • Went back in, selected an album
  • Selected another album from the dropdown.
  • Went to More Images, selected another image and hit OK.
  • Hit Auto-Tag, then closed the Tagger window.
  • After the Tagger window closed, i still got prompted to "Save selected images", which refers to the More Images, same as before.
  • Then i checked the properties. => The last image was saved, but the ones that i had just selected before that were not.
I will have a look at this.
tj_junk wrote:[*]"Show original Discogs track position". Is this new? What does this do?
No, it's not new. It show the track-numbering from discogs. I find it useful for detecting sub-tracks.
tj_junk wrote:[*]Getting a lot of these errors: "Expected ']' in regular expression", line 7311, column 3, in the vbs file. Probably an easy fix.[/list]
One entry of the keywords is the issue. You have an entry with a '[' or another 'special sign' ?
Metal up your ass !

tj_junk

Post by tj_junk »

crap_inhuman wrote:
tj_junk wrote:[*]Getting a lot of these errors: "Expected ']' in regular expression", line 7311, column 3, in the vbs file.[/list]
One entry of the keywords is the issue. You have an entry with a '[' or another 'special sign' ?
  • Regular expression errors -
    You were correct. The mistake was mine -- in the new 'ignore these fields' setting.
  • Don't copy empty values to non-empty fields -
    Seems to be working for Discogs. (I've noticed that it won't overwrite non-empty dates, involved people, composer, etc. with empty values. This is wonderful. I don't have to check/uncheck options to protect my non-empty fields.)

However, it is not working 100% for MusicBrainz. (For example, i looked up "The Rapture" on MusicBrainz using the Tagger. MusicBrainz didn't have a genre for this Siouxsie and the Banshees album, but my file already had a genre saved. However, the Tagger went ahead and copied the blank genre from MusicBrainz and overwrote my existing genre.)
  • Adding sites [future] - Once we get all of the bugs and new feature requests worked out, I would either like to add new sites to this script, or copy the script and use it to create other taggers. I have been looking at AllMusic and Wikipedia as being potential sources. I have been grabbing and formatting data from those sites using MS Word macros for years, mostly to populate Comments. But I haven't tried to bring those scripts into MM. However, there is all sorts of good data available from those sites. I just need to master JavaScript and translate my Word macros into standard VBScript and JavaScript.