Lyricator v1.5.5 (2022-11-25)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

fizzjob

Re: Lyricator v1.1.3 (2014-01-18)

Post by fizzjob »

The problem is in the Install.ini inside the .mmip package, it calls for a file ("ReleaseNotes.pdf") that doesn't exist.

Code: Select all

[Copy]
Src=ReleaseNotes.pdf
Tgt={app}\Scripts\Lyricator\ReleaseNotes.pdf]
Should be:

[Copy]
Src=LyricatorHelpAndHistory.pdf
Tgt={app}\Scripts\Lyricator\LyricatorHelpAndHistory.pdf
Or the LyricatorHelpAndHistory.pdf should be renamed to ReleaseNotes.pdf
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

fizzjob wrote:The problem is in the Install.ini inside the .mmip package, it calls for a file ("ReleaseNotes.pdf") that doesn't exist.

[Copy]
Src=ReleaseNotes.pdf
Tgt={app}\Scripts\Lyricator\ReleaseNotes.pdf]
Should be:

[Copy]
Src=LyricatorHelpAndHistory.pdf
Tgt={app}\Scripts\Lyricator\LyricatorHelpAndHistory.pdf
Or the LyricatorHelpAndHistory.pdf should be renamed to ReleaseNotes.pdf
Great catch! Thanks. I will fix that now, but I wouldn't think that would keep Lyricator from showing up in the scripts menu. Anyway, will do that right now.
ImageSpoon!
fizzjob

Post by fizzjob »

My guess is that all the various components get installed, the install package errors out before the OnStartup() and Install() functions ever get called so the script is in a half-installed state.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Waw, thanks man!! I've tried several automated lyrics plugins, with mixed success, but this one is by far the best!!

Thank you for your time and effort, much appreciated!
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

fizzjob wrote:My guess is that all the various components get installed, the install package errors out before the OnStartup() and Install() functions ever get called so the script is in a half-installed state.
That makes sense. Thanks again for your help. Another set of eyes is always welcome in troubleshooting issues.
ImageSpoon!
snox

Post by snox »

Thanks alot thehammer for giving Lyricator a refresh! Nice to see some new sources for lyrics in this script.

Unfortunately I have the same issue as HardcoreWillNeverDie when installing the addon. No matter I run Mediamonkey as administrator or without admin rights it gives me an error saying "Lyricator could not be installed". If I restart the program Lyricator shows up in the toolbar icon and I can change the settings in the options menu. The search works too but the script doesn't show up in the scripts menu. I'm using Mediamonkey 4.0.7.1511 on a german Windows 7 Pro x64. I also cleaned up the the files from the old version. Any ideas?
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

snox wrote:Thanks alot thehammer for giving Lyricator a refresh! Nice to see some new sources for lyrics in this script.

Unfortunately I have the same issue as HardcoreWillNeverDie when installing the addon. No matter I run Mediamonkey as administrator or without admin rights it gives me an error saying "Lyricator could not be installed". If I restart the program Lyricator shows up in the toolbar icon and I can change the settings in the options menu. The search works too but the script doesn't show up in the scripts menu. I'm using Mediamonkey 4.0.7.1511 on a german Windows 7 Pro x64. I also cleaned up the the files from the old version. Any ideas?
I deeply apologize! The install was still not quite correct as I missed one more reference to the old PDF help file. When I renamed it I had not updated the install files and broke the install. I have triple checked that I didn't miss any other references, tested with a fresh install, and believe I have it corrected this time. I have updated HappyMonkeying.com with the latest. Please let me know if you still see this issue.
ImageSpoon!
snox

Post by snox »

Wow that was fast. Thank you! The error is gone. The script installs flawlessly and it now shows up correct in the menu. :)

One minor suggestion: Maybe you can add the version string to the filename? Just for clarity when someone downloads the script from your website.
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

snox wrote:Wow that was fast. Thank you! The error is gone. The script installs flawlessly and it now shows up correct in the menu. :)

One minor suggestion: Maybe you can add the version string to the filename? Just for clarity when someone downloads the script from your website.
HappyMonkeying.com is a third party plugin website, and there may be certain restrictions to keep the Find Updates functionality in MediaMonkey. I will have to do some research to see if that is possible.

Update 1/24: I checked with one of the site administrators and version number in the filename is not supported. You can change the name of the file as you save it, but that is all that I can do at this time.
ImageSpoon!
Peke

Post by Peke »

To clarify things.

No version number is added due the way how MMW handle extensions and to avoid duplicates.

Each Plugin uploaded using my happymonkeying site have unique Plugin ID easily tracked back to its source which is needed for 100% Find updates functionality.

I'll add version number to Filenames as soon as I finish ability to download older versions of plugin which will have Find Updates disabled (eg. resulted in no updates found) where only current version will receive updates and fixes. Again reasons are to avoid duplicate plugins and conflicts/corruptions on install.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
theweasel68

Post by theweasel68 »

Hi I have installed the latest version of Lyricator (1.1.3.2.) on MediaMonkey latest version (4.05.1511) on Win 8.1.

So far, no problem with the installation, I did a restart and can see Lyricator under Extensions and also under options.

When I mark some songs and then click on the Lyricator icon, I see the pop-up window only for a fraction of a second, but it immediately dissappears. Nothing happens then.

What could the problem be?

Thanks.
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

theweasel68 wrote:Hi I have installed the latest version of Lyricator (1.1.3.2.) on MediaMonkey latest version (4.05.1511) on Win 8.1.

So far, no problem with the installation, I did a restart and can see Lyricator under Extensions and also under options.

When I mark some songs and then click on the Lyricator icon, I see the pop-up window only for a fraction of a second, but it immediately dissappears. Nothing happens then.

What could the problem be?

Thanks.
Go to the Lyricator options and make sure you have one or more lyrics sites checked. Also there is an option to ignore tracks that already have lyrics that could cause the same behavior if the tracks you selected already have lyrics.
ImageSpoon!
theweasel68

Post by theweasel68 »

There are several lyrics sites checked. I switched on/off the "ignore tracks that already have lyrics", and also selected a song without lyrics.
No change. The window pops up, but dissappears immediately.
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

theweasel68 wrote:There are several lyrics sites checked. I switched on/off the "ignore tracks that already have lyrics", and also selected a song without lyrics.
The last thing I can think of is that you are picking tracks that haven't been imported into your MediaMonkey library... That is a requirement of the plugin.
ImageSpoon!
theweasel68

Post by theweasel68 »

thehammer wrote:
theweasel68 wrote:There are several lyrics sites checked. I switched on/off the "ignore tracks that already have lyrics", and also selected a song without lyrics.
The last thing I can think of is that you are picking tracks that haven't been imported into your MediaMonkey library... That is a requirement of the plugin.
Unfortunately that didn´t help. I made a library rescan by Media Monkey (0 imported), then tried again: same result.