Lyricator v1.5.5 (2022-11-25)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

thehammer

Re: Lyricator v1.1.3 (2014-01-18)

Post by thehammer »

theweasel68 wrote:
thehammer wrote:
theweasel68 wrote:There are several lyrics sites checked. I switched on/off the "ignore tracks that already have lyrics", and also selected a song without lyrics.
No change. The window pops up, but dissappears immediately.
The last thing I can think of is that you are picking tracks that haven't been imported into your MediaMonkey library... That is a requirement of the plugin.
Unfortunately that didn´t help. I made a library rescan by Media Monkey (0 imported), then tried again: same result.
Ok. So, if you have selected your track from the Music>Artist & Album Artist node and you still see this behavior, right click on the track and select Properties. Are the Title and Artist tags populated? These are used to lookup the lyrics.
ImageSpoon!
Peke

Post by Peke »

have you tried latest MMW4.1?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
theweasel68

Post by theweasel68 »

thehammer wrote:Ok. So, if you have selected your track from the Music>Artist & Album Artist node and you still see this behavior, right click on the track and select Properties. Are the Title and Artist tags populated? These are used to lookup the lyrics.

Hi, I think I can narrrow down the issue now.
I started MM, tried one of the new, and old songs: same result, Lyricator pop up immediately dissappears.
Then, same song right click, properties: I can see title and artist.
Closing the property window, then trying lyricator again: all of a sudden it works!

Probably something is wrong with my MM music library?
I havent tried the MM4.1 yet, still on 4.0.7.1511, so maybe this helps to "repair" my installation? So far, I cannot find the MM4.1. Is it an unofficial beta?
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

theweasel68 wrote:
thehammer wrote:Ok. So, if you have selected your track from the Music>Artist & Album Artist node and you still see this behavior, right click on the track and select Properties. Are the Title and Artist tags populated? These are used to lookup the lyrics.

Hi, I think I can narrrow down the issue now.
I started MM, tried one of the new, and old songs: same result, Lyricator pop up immediately dissappears.
Then, same song right click, properties: I can see title and artist.
Closing the property window, then trying lyricator again: all of a sudden it works!

Probably something is wrong with my MM music library?
I havent tried the MM4.1 yet, still on 4.0.7.1511, so maybe this helps to "repair" my installation? So far, I cannot find the MM4.1. Is it an unofficial beta?
If you suspect your library is corrupted, you could do the following and see if it fixes your issue:
  • Find your MM.DB library file and copy it to a backup location or filename.
  • Open MediaMonkey and select File>Clear Database and click Yes.
  • Then select File>Add/Rescan files to the Libary... and pick the folder(s) where your music files are located
If that didn't work and/or you are worse off than you were before, you can close MediaMonkey and overwrite the updated MM.DB with your backed up version.
ImageSpoon!
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

I sometimes have problems with azlyrics.com

If i check a big amount of tracks (500+) for lyrics, the azlyrics site goes "offline". The site is temporary not reachable the error page says. 5 min later the site is online again.
Somebody else have the same problem ?
Metal up your ass !
-----------------------------------------------
I added my first 2 videos on youtube. The language is german.

Discogs Autorisierung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryxKKtnEnc
Discogs Tagger Bedienung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Wk-5rd-W0
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

If i reset my DSL-Modem, the site response again. So i think azlyrics.com blocks a ip address after a unknown number of bad tries.
Lyricator (and DarkLyrics too) use the following url for getting the lyrics : http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/%artist%/%title%.html
If you try too many times with an unknown artist /title, your ip will be blocked...
Metal up your ass !
-----------------------------------------------
I added my first 2 videos on youtube. The language is german.

Discogs Autorisierung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryxKKtnEnc
Discogs Tagger Bedienung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Wk-5rd-W0
snox

Post by snox »

To clarify things.

No version number is added due the way how MMW handle extensions and to avoid duplicates.

Each Plugin uploaded using my happymonkeying site have unique Plugin ID easily tracked back to its source which is needed for 100% Find updates functionality.

I'll add version number to Filenames as soon as I finish ability to download older versions of plugin which will have Find Updates disabled (eg. resulted in no updates found) where only current version will receive updates and fixes. Again reasons are to avoid duplicate plugins and conflicts/corruptions on install.
Thank you Peke for for pointing out why the version number isn't added.
Flashman

Post by Flashman »

Latest version update broke my Lyricator - incomplete / cannot display pages. Reverting to 1.1.23 (and installing for "all users") brought this indispensable addon back to life. Lesson learned: if it ain't broke...
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

Flashman wrote:Latest version update broke my Lyricator - incomplete / cannot display pages. Reverting to 1.1.23 (and installing for "all users") brought this indispensable addon back to life. Lesson learned: if it ain't broke...
As others have found, with changes in windows security and MediaMonkey updates over the years it sometimes takes some manual cleanup to get updates to old plugins to work. Tips on this forum and the documentation can get you there if you ever decide to try again.
ImageSpoon!
Flashman

Post by Flashman »

Worked! Thank you 8)
BerkBulgan

Post by BerkBulgan »

Can we disable lyric infos like where it taken from, song name etc.?
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

BerkBulgan wrote:Can we disable lyric infos like where it taken from, song name etc.?
The developers before me decided to give credit to the lyrics sites for providing good services. My thoughts are to keep it that way for that reason as well as to be able to trace down where bad lyrics are coming from if you find them.

I think it is important to give credit where credit is due, but if I get enough requests for this I might add it in as an option.
ImageSpoon!
zuilserip

Post by zuilserip »

BerkBulgan wrote:Can we disable lyric infos like where it taken from, song name etc.?
Hi BerkBulgan - if the lyrics information bothers you too much, there is a quick way to fix it. Just use the RegExp Search & Replace script. Specifically, just select all songs and use preset #123 'Remove the end of <Into Field> after (and including) specified string...' to remove everything after "Lyrics provided by:" in the lyrics field.

A higher priority feature/improvement in my book would be to add more lyrics sites or even to make the existing 'letras.mus.br' more reliable.

@thehammer, I find that the letras.mus.br site ends up finding lots of songs the others don't, though it normally returns a lot of 'false matches' as well. I end up going through all the lyrics it returns to remove 'bogus matches'. Would it be possible for the script to automatically double check that the returned lyrics appropriately match both the song name and artist? Perhaps ignoring case, accents and text in parenthesis.

It looks like the script already has this information since it is included in the results screen (and it is what I use to manually check whether a result is good).

Thanks in any event for maintaining and improving one of MM's most useful scripts!
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

zuilserip wrote:
Hi BerkBulgan - if the lyrics information bothers you too much, there is a quick way to fix it. Just use the RegExp Search & Replace script. Specifically, just select all songs and use preset #123 'Remove the end of <Into Field> after (and including) specified string...' to remove everything after "Lyrics provided by:" in the lyrics field.

A higher priority feature/improvement in my book would be to add more lyrics sites or even to make the existing 'letras.mus.br' more reliable.

@thehammer, I find that the letras.mus.br site ends up finding lots of songs the others don't, though it normally returns a lot of 'false matches' as well. I end up going through all the lyrics it returns to remove 'bogus matches'. Would it be possible for the script to automatically double check that the returned lyrics appropriately match both the song name and artist? Perhaps ignoring case, accents and text in parenthesis.

It looks like the script already has this information since it is included in the results screen (and it is what I use to manually check whether a result is good).

Thanks in any event for maintaining and improving one of MM's most useful scripts!
Interesting solution to the letras site consistency! They have an odd matching engine and it appears they would rather return bogus matches instead of nothing. Let me give this some thought and see what I can do.

Also, thanks for offering your suggestion of the Search & Replace script as a solution.
ImageSpoon!
Kidilli

Post by Kidilli »

Thanks for this program, I love it. The one improvement I can think of is to be able to change the order of the sources (i.e. use MetroLyrics before LyricWikia when both are on in the settings). LyricWikia often lists some lyrics but goes on to say "Unfortunately, we are not licensed to display the full lyrics for this song at the moment. Hopefully we will be able to in the future. Until then, how about a random page?". I'd like to be able to use them as a last resort. Thanks :wink: BTW: Someone mentioned this previously on version 1.1.1 but is still an issue: after a certain number of invalid searches on AZLyrics, your IP is blocked temporarily (not sure of the time period). I just tried to access their website to view lyrics to a song while Lyricator was running (which was now accessing LyricWikia) and it says no data received. I am guessing that is out of your hands, but it's just a little note to any of you who are confused as to why AZLyrics stops searching for lyrics after a few failed attempts.