Lyricator v1.5.5 (2022-11-25)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

thehammer

Re: Lyricator v1.1.3 (2014-01-18)

Post by thehammer »

Kidilli wrote:Thanks for this program, I love it. The one improvement I can think of is to be able to change the order of the sources (i.e. use MetroLyrics before LyricWikia when both are on in the settings). LyricWikia often lists some lyrics but goes on to say "Unfortunately, we are not licensed to display the full lyrics for this song at the moment. Hopefully we will be able to in the future. Until then, how about a random page?". I'd like to be able to use them as a last resort. Thanks :wink: BTW: Someone mentioned this previously on version 1.1.1 but is still an issue: after a certain number of invalid searches on AZLyrics, your IP is blocked temporarily (not sure of the time period). I just tried to access their website to view lyrics to a song while Lyricator was running (which was now accessing LyricWikia) and it says no data received. I am guessing that is out of your hands, but it's just a little note to any of you who are confused as to why AZLyrics stops searching for lyrics after a few failed attempts.
I currently have a release in the works to do some extra validation to results returned from Letras... Maybe after I get that out, I can put in the same thing for this issue so that it would just skip to the next site if that message comes back. Does this message end up in your lyrics and can you give me an example song that I can test against?
ImageSpoon!
Kidilli

Post by Kidilli »

thehammer wrote:
Kidilli wrote:Thanks for this program, I love it. The one improvement I can think of is to be able to change the order of the sources (i.e. use MetroLyrics before LyricWikia when both are on in the settings). LyricWikia often lists some lyrics but goes on to say "Unfortunately, we are not licensed to display the full lyrics for this song at the moment. Hopefully we will be able to in the future. Until then, how about a random page?". I'd like to be able to use them as a last resort. Thanks :wink: BTW: Someone mentioned this previously on version 1.1.1 but is still an issue: after a certain number of invalid searches on AZLyrics, your IP is blocked temporarily (not sure of the time period). I just tried to access their website to view lyrics to a song while Lyricator was running (which was now accessing LyricWikia) and it says no data received. I am guessing that is out of your hands, but it's just a little note to any of you who are confused as to why AZLyrics stops searching for lyrics after a few failed attempts.
I currently have a release in the works to do some extra validation to results returned from Letras... Maybe after I get that out, I can put in the same thing for this issue so that it would just skip to the next site if that message comes back. Does this message end up in your lyrics and can you give me an example song that I can test against?
I decided to start using only LyricsMode, Mp3Lyrics, SeekALyric, MetroLyrics, and ELyrics because they always give the full lyrics. If you want to test it out, try Hurt by Nine Inch Nails or 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins (pretty much every Smashing Pumpkins song has that message), and there are a few Red Hot Chili Peppers songs. Here's a link to LyricWikia to a page with that message: http://lyrics.wikia.com/Nine_Inch_Nails:Hurt. The message does end up in my lyrics and is displayed exactly as in the link that I have in this message and it happens quite frequently. One more little thing: When I have the program set to try without parentheses, it will do that, but only after doing a search without only the first parentheses and then the second parentheses, and then it does a search without everything in the parentheses. For example, Queen - Aboria (Planet of the Tree Men) will do this: Queen - Aboria Planet of the Tree Men) and then Queen - Aboria (Planet of the Tree Men and THEN Queen - Aboria. It is only a minor thing, I just wanted to bring it to your attention. Thanks for the reply :) *UPDATE*: It seems MetroLyrics is having the same problem with some songs such as "The March of the Black Queen" and "Nevermore" by Queen. No lyrics are displayed except "We are not in a position to display these lyrics due to licensing restrictions. Sorry for the inconvenience." I just looked this up on Bing and it seems as though a lot of songs are listed with only that message on MetroLyrics. Here's one I found: http://www.metrolyrics.com/monkeywrench ... hters.html
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

Kidilli wrote:
thehammer wrote:
I decided to start using only LyricsMode, Mp3Lyrics, SeekALyric, MetroLyrics, and ELyrics because they always give the full lyrics. If you want to test it out, try Hurt by Nine Inch Nails or 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins (pretty much every Smashing Pumpkins song has that message), and there are a few Red Hot Chili Peppers songs. Here's a link to LyricWikia to a page with that message: http://lyrics.wikia.com/Nine_Inch_Nails:Hurt. The message does end up in my lyrics and is displayed exactly as in the link that I have in this message and it happens quite frequently. One more little thing: When I have the program set to try without parentheses, it will do that, but only after doing a search without only the first parentheses and then the second parentheses, and then it does a search without everything in the parentheses. For example, Queen - Aboria (Planet of the Tree Men) will do this: Queen - Aboria Planet of the Tree Men) and then Queen - Aboria (Planet of the Tree Men and THEN Queen - Aboria. It is only a minor thing, I just wanted to bring it to your attention. Thanks for the reply :) *UPDATE*: It seems MetroLyrics is having the same problem with some songs such as "The March of the Black Queen" and "Nevermore" by Queen. No lyrics are displayed except "We are not in a position to display these lyrics due to licensing restrictions. Sorry for the inconvenience." I just looked this up on Bing and it seems as though a lot of songs are listed with only that message on MetroLyrics. Here's one I found: http://www.metrolyrics.com/monkeywrench ... hters.html
Thanks for the examples. I have released the Letras update to make that more reliable and will take a look at this first chance I get. It should be pretty straight forward to fix both those sites... I hope this doesn't become the trend across all our sources for lyrics. :(
ImageSpoon!
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

Kidilli wrote:
thehammer wrote:
I tried testing Smashing Pumpkins and LyricWikia and the existing copyright checks in Lyricator 1.1.3 already exclude it from results. So from what I can tell, this is already fixed for LyricWikia. I will be adding that check anyway in case I am missing something. I did find this to be an issue with MetroLyrics and am adding that check in as well.
ImageSpoon!
thehammer

Re: Lyricator v1.1.5 (2014-02-23)

Post by thehammer »

Just to put this out there in case anyone hasn't noticed that several new releases of Lyricator have been put out there in the last month. Below is a summary of changes and some notes on them.
  • 1.1.5.1 (2014-02-23)
    • Add: MetroLyrics matches are now automatically checked to see if the result is a copyright messages before chosen as a result
    • Add: hiplyrics, lyricstime, SongColeta as sources
    • Remove: lyricsVIP as a source because it has been broken for a long time
  • 1.1.4.1 (2014-02-18)
    • Add: Letras matches are now automatically scrutinized before they are chosen as final results
  • 1.1.3.3 (2014-02-09)
    • Fix: Lyric.Wikia.com track info on footer was picking up html tags and other junk
SongColeta was very sensitive about getting a lot of requests quickly. They blocked me after about 100 fast requests and I am waiting to see if I am now blocked permanently. Be careful when using that one when you select a bunch of songs. It is a good site, and it would be a shame if you too get locked out of it.

The more these sites start throttling and rejecting requests because Lyricator calls them too fast, the more I think I may need to put in a configurable sleep time in between calls. I see that several people have reported that AZLyrics has started blocking calls as well. Has anybody figured out if that is a permanent block or if there is a way to get unblocked?

Anyway, enjoy!
ImageSpoon!
Piggycow

Re: Lyricator v1.1.4 (2014-02-18)

Post by Piggycow »

Great plugin, but a bunch of sites seem to be pulling some HTML in still:

Letras pulls in:

<
h2> <
div>

Lyrics.WIkia pulls in:

<
span><
div>(

Elyrics pulls in

<
div>
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

Piggycow wrote:Great plugin, but a bunch of sites seem to be pulling some HTML in still:

Letras pulls in:

<
h2> <
div>

Lyrics.WIkia pulls in:

<
span><
div>(

Elyrics pulls in

<
div>
Wow, I wasn't seeing that yesterday but I sure see it now. Looking into it now and hope to have resolved tonight.

Update:Just finished fixing this up and posting the update. Looks like new Ads were mostly the culprit. Could be a challenge to keep up when these get inserted in a bad place! Thanks for letting me know stuff was broken. Hopefully all is good for a while.
ImageSpoon!
espater

VBScript Runtime Error When Running Lyricator

Post by espater »

Every time I try to run Lyricator I get a popup window stating, "This program cannot display the webpage. Most likely causes: You are not connected to the Internet, the website is encountering problems, there might be a typing error in the address."

I also get the error:
"VBScript Runtime Error #76. Path not found C://USERS/ED/AppData/Roaming/MediaMonkey/Scripts/Auto/Lyricator.vbs Line: 295, Column: 9." When I dismiss the error, a second popup window appears, "Error happening during script execution: Path not found." I go to close out of Lyricator and yet another VBScript runtime error appears, this time #53. Can anyone explain what I am doing wrong or how to resolve the issue? I am running MediaMonkey ver. 4.1.0.1692 on Windows OS 7 Ultimate 64 bit. SP1. Thank you.
Last edited by Lowlander on Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
thehammer

Re: VBScript Runtime Error When Running Lyricator

Post by thehammer »

espater wrote:Every time I try to run Lyricator I get a popup window stating, "This program cannot display the webpage. Most likely causes: You are not connected to the Internet, the website is encountering problems, there might be a typing error in the address."

I also get the error:
"VBScript Runtime Error #76. Path not found C://USERS/ED/AppData/Roaming/MediaMonkey/Scripts/Auto/Lyricator.vbs Line: 295, Column: 9." When I dismiss the error, a second popup window appears, "Error happening during script execution: Path not found." I go to close out of Lyricator and yet another VBScript runtime error appears, this time #53. Can anyone explain what I am doing wrong or how to resolve the issue? I am running MediaMonkey ver. 4.1.0.1692 on Windows OS 7 Ultimate 64 bit. SP1. Thank you.
Chances are that you have some plugins installed in Program Files (x86) and some in your account location. They all need to be in one or the other location. Check your Auto directory where it is looking for Lyricator.vbs and see if there are *.vbs files there and check for them in Program Files (x86)/MediaMonkey/Scripts/Auto. Other possible issues can be having plugin settings in both the users director Scripts/scripts.ini as well as the Program Files (x86) Scripts/scripts.ini. Sometimes a clean uninstall/install works instead of trying to do an upgrade or install over an existing version. Sometimes it takes manual cleanup to get it in a good state. Look through the documentation and this thread on how others have resolved the issue and if you still are having problems I can try and troubleshoot with you.
ImageSpoon!
Ignotus

Post by Ignotus »

I am using: v1.1.5.2 (2014-02-24) which appears to be current as of this post.
Hello, I first wanted to thank anyone that is working on Lyricator and has put any work into maintaining it previously. It is a very useful tool and I'm not aware of anything else that does what Lyricator does. Lyricator's ability to add lyrics in batch and save to the tag is exceptional. So thanks again to the individual(s) that have made it what it is and kept it working.

I'm not having any issues with it presently; everything appears to be working as expected. I wanted to post to give a feature recommendation. I don't know if this is possible, but I will recommend it anyway. Most of the time, I like to stick to lyrics.wikia.com for my lyrics. The accuracy seems to be better there in my opinion. However, they may rarely be inaccurate. Also, I will rarely check the lyrics from AZLyrics.com and will prefer how they are formatted vs. lyrics.wikia.com. If I want to change the source for my lyrics, I have to open the options for Lyricator and check and uncheck boxes for the sources and then execute Lyricator again. What I would really like to see is a drop-down button (down arrow) next to the Lyricator button on my toolbar. I can then press the Lyricator button to get the normal behavior, or I can press the down arrow and select which source I want to search. This would enable me to search a specific source without having to go into the options and reconfigure the addon every time. If the drop-down isn't doable, then perhaps there could be different versions of the addon done that will each search 1 different source. Then I could have 4 or 5 Lyricator buttons on my toolbar and just press the one for whichever source I want to search if that makes sense.

Regardless, thanks for the work. Lyricator is still miles ahead of anything else that I know of for tagging lyrics. :D

EDIT: If someone could possibly tell me how to install multiple copies of Lyricator, perhaps a way to rename the addon and install it multiple times, then I guess I could just open the options for each instance and select whichever source I want each one to check. Hopefully that makes sense. I do not know anything about scripting or coding, but I am computer literate and can follow detailed instructions. Thanks!
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

Ignotus wrote:I am using: v1.1.5.2 (2014-02-24) which appears to be current as of this post.
Hello, I first wanted to thank anyone that is working on Lyricator and has put any work into maintaining it previously. It is a very useful tool and I'm not aware of anything else that does what Lyricator does. Lyricator's ability to add lyrics in batch and save to the tag is exceptional. So thanks again to the individual(s) that have made it what it is and kept it working.

I'm not having any issues with it presently; everything appears to be working as expected. I wanted to post to give a feature recommendation. I don't know if this is possible, but I will recommend it anyway. Most of the time, I like to stick to lyrics.wikia.com for my lyrics. The accuracy seems to be better there in my opinion. However, they may rarely be inaccurate. Also, I will rarely check the lyrics from AZLyrics.com and will prefer how they are formatted vs. lyrics.wikia.com. If I want to change the source for my lyrics, I have to open the options for Lyricator and check and uncheck boxes for the sources and then execute Lyricator again. What I would really like to see is a drop-down button (down arrow) next to the Lyricator button on my toolbar. I can then press the Lyricator button to get the normal behavior, or I can press the down arrow and select which source I want to search. This would enable me to search a specific source without having to go into the options and reconfigure the addon every time. If the drop-down isn't doable, then perhaps there could be different versions of the addon done that will each search 1 different source. Then I could have 4 or 5 Lyricator buttons on my toolbar and just press the one for whichever source I want to search if that makes sense.

Regardless, thanks for the work. Lyricator is still miles ahead of anything else that I know of for tagging lyrics. :D

EDIT: If someone could possibly tell me how to install multiple copies of Lyricator, perhaps a way to rename the addon and install it multiple times, then I guess I could just open the options for each instance and select whichever source I want each one to check. Hopefully that makes sense. I do not know anything about scripting or coding, but I am computer literate and can follow detailed instructions. Thanks!
Installing multiple copies would take quite a bit of work and would be very easy to mess something up so that it would either break them all or cause odd issues. I am currently working on adding lyricator as an option to the right click menu. I haven't had time to thoroughly test it with various install options yet, but when I do this may be a candidate for what you propose. You would be able to select songs, right click on one, click on the Lyricator menu and a sub-menu would give you options like Search Configured, Search AZLyrics, Search LyricWikia, etc. Does that sound useful? I don't know when I will get a chance to look into this, but if I have time this weekend I will see what I can do.
ImageSpoon!
Ignotus

Post by Ignotus »

I believe that sounds like it would do what I am proposing. Anything to let a user select a specific lyric source for an individual track or tracks without having to go into the options and reconfigure the addon basically. If a user does a search and gets something that doesn't look right, they can cancel out of it, then search again using a different source.

Thanks for taking the time to look into it, and I appreciate the very quick response. For now, I've installed DarkLyrics alongside Lyricator and have them configured for different sources. I've got DarkLyrics set for darklyrics.com and azlyrics.com, and I've got Lyricator set for lyric.wikia.com and lyrdb.com. So if one returns something I don't like, I can run the other and get a different source without opening the options. That works for now.
BramKa

Post by BramKa »

Hi All,

if playing a song and updating the lyrics of that song, the lyrics do not automatically appear in Monkeyrok when saving in Lyricator. Only after hitting 'refresh' in Monkeyrok they will appear.

Perhaps an autorefresh on Monkeyrok after saving or closing Lyricator would be an idea?

Just to illustrate:

thehammer

Post by thehammer »

Ignotus wrote:I believe that sounds like it would do what I am proposing. Anything to let a user select a specific lyric source for an individual track or tracks without having to go into the options and reconfigure the addon basically. If a user does a search and gets something that doesn't look right, they can cancel out of it, then search again using a different source.

Thanks for taking the time to look into it, and I appreciate the very quick response. For now, I've installed DarkLyrics alongside Lyricator and have them configured for different sources. I've got DarkLyrics set for darklyrics.com and azlyrics.com, and I've got Lyricator set for lyric.wikia.com and lyrdb.com. So if one returns something I don't like, I can run the other and get a different source without opening the options. That works for now.
I have just release version 1.2.1.1 to implement the right click menu in the track list. Should save you time and give you the option to pick any of the sources on command now! Give it a try and let me know if you have any issues.
ImageSpoon!
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

BramKa wrote:Hi All,

if playing a song and updating the lyrics of that song, the lyrics do not automatically appear in Monkeyrok when saving in Lyricator. Only after hitting 'refresh' in Monkeyrok they will appear.

Perhaps an autorefresh on Monkeyrok after saving or closing Lyricator would be an idea?

Just to illustrate:

I have never messed with Monkeyrok. If I get a chance, I will try to install it and see what I might be able to do. It does sound like a low priority because there is a work around.
ImageSpoon!