Last.fm Scrobbler 1.1.0.41 [Updated 11/27/2014]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

dypsis

Last.fm Scrobbler 1.1.0.41 Runtime Error

Post by dypsis »

I get a Runtime error 216 at 081E55F6 after closing MM since upgrading to Last.fm Scrobbler 1.1.0.41.
I have reverted back to v1.0.2.29. It works fine.

SqueeZen

Re: Last.fm Scrobbler 1.1.0.41 [Updated 11/27/2014]

Post by SqueeZen »

Hello, thanks for this nice plugin.

Is it possible to scrobble the Composer field instead Artist field ?
Peke

Re: Last.fm Scrobbler 1.1.0.41 Runtime Error

Post by Peke »

dypsis wrote:I get a Runtime error 216 at 081E55F6 after closing MM since upgrading to Last.fm Scrobbler 1.1.0.41.
I have reverted back to v1.0.2.29. It works fine.

Can you please generate log and open new support ticket?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
DMLCo

Post by DMLCo »

I need help.

I can scrobble things played in MM, no worries, no problems. So, yay. But I listen to a lot of music through my iPod, and I can't figure out how to *both* scrobble the tracks played on my iPod *and* have the play counts in MM update. That is, I can either

* Synch with MM, which updates the MM data, but doesn't submit the tracks to last.fm, OR

* Use something like QTScrobble before synching with MM, which scrobbles the tracks, but erases the history on the iPod, keeping it from updating MM data.

How can I do *both*?
This used to show my recently played tracks. Sad to see @lozzd's tool go dark.
Peke

Post by Peke »

You can't, Last FM do not allow scrobble from two apps same time. There was few tricks and work arrounds but they quickly fixed and banned apps IDs.
Best regards,
Peke
arjunrampal

Post by arjunrampal »

i neve get any problem .. absolutely fine with this addon :)
i love mediamonkey music manager .. gmail.com
DMLCo

Post by DMLCo »

Just for closure, this is what I arrived at that works for me.

* I installed LastPod (http://www.lastpod.org/ ).
* Created an easy to access shortcut that points to LastPod.
* When I play a bunch of stuff on my iPod, before syncing with MM, I run LastPod.
* It fetches the info from my iPod and submits to Last.FM. This does not remove the history from the iPod.
* I sync with MM. When MM is done, it does remove the history from the iPod, as desired.
* Anything played from MM scrobbles correctly through the Last.FM scrobbler.

It doesn't quite meet the requirements I wrote--I have to manually run LastPod and remember to do so before synching through MM. But it's as close as I could get, and it works without error or great inconvenience so far.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi DMLCo,
Exactly as I pointed.

You haven't posted anything from iPod and MMW at same time, also LastPod is flagged as Mobile App so maybe that makes things work.
Best regards,
Peke
DMLCo

Post by DMLCo »

I never suggested you were wrong, Peke. I know that I spent a lot of time searching for combinations that would get close to what I wanted; this was the closest I got, was just posting in case it helps someone else.
mcow

Scrobble wanted from MMW as UPnP control point

Post by mcow »

I recently was experimenting with using MMA after using the "Choose player" function to pick a UPnP renderer. It played fine, but it did not scrobble nor update the stats in the library.

UPnP scrobbling was tweaked a while ago to leave scrobbling up to the UPnP client (such as MMA) when playing from the MMW server, which I think is fine. But that logic doesn't apply if MMW is the control point. If MMW is where I press the Play button, MMW is where the scrobble should take place. Especially since the renderer might be a hardware device (receiver) with no scrobble capability.
tmk733

Post by tmk733 »

Hey guys,

I just deinstalled my old MediaMonkey (mainly because my settings were lost when restarting my laptop).
I then installed the latest MM as a portable version.
I was not able to install Last.fm scrobbler 1.1.0.41 and got the following message:
"Cannot create file: S:\Program Files\Music\MediaMonkey\Portable\Extensions\LastFMScrobbler\Uninstall.vbs"

Do you guys have any idea why I can't install the scrobbler? Is it because of the portable installation?
I'd appreciate your help very much
Peke

Post by Peke »

Extract MMIP and copy files to right folders to manually install plugin.
Best regards,
Peke
MaximusPrime

Post by MaximusPrime »

Is it possible to update this add on that songs under 30 sec can be scrobbled too? I've got so many albums that aren't scrobbled completely because of skits.
loubat

Re: Scrobble wanted from MMW as UPnP control point

Post by loubat »

mcow wrote:I recently was experimenting with using MMA after using the "Choose player" function to pick a UPnP renderer. It played fine, but it did not scrobble nor update the stats in the library.

UPnP scrobbling was tweaked a while ago to leave scrobbling up to the UPnP client (such as MMA) when playing from the MMW server, which I think is fine. But that logic doesn't apply if MMW is the control point. If MMW is where I press the Play button, MMW is where the scrobble should take place. Especially since the renderer might be a hardware device (receiver) with no scrobble capability.
I'm actually still having the opposite problem as that. After reading your post, I went back and turned on Scrobbling from MM again. Threw a file from the MM Server into my Sonos queue and played it. And it shows up twice in Last.FM play history. The "Scrobble Time" is a couple minutes apart, but the song has only been played once, so it's submitting the track from both Sonos and MM. How do I fix this? Other than by disabling scrobbling on one or the other. If I disable it on Sonos, songs I play from Spotify won't be scrobbled. If I disable it on MM, nothing I play on my desktop gets scrobbled. I've been turning it off on the desktop and trying to remember to turn it back on (and subsequently back off) while I'm listening on the desktop, but that's obviously a pain. Any ideas?
vik

Post by vik »

Help I can't get this to work. I get failed (cached track) as the status sometimes or service started in Options windows but the tracks never get scrobbled. :( I've double checked my username and password and I fail to get this to work. I love MediaMonkey and this the only problem I have with it. Any help would be appreciated.