Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

nynaevelan

Re: Backup 5.3 - Updated 15/01/2010

Post by nynaevelan » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:05 pm

I am not allowed to check or uncheck either of the output boxes. :cry:

EDIT: There must be something wacky on my machine, once I made the change in the ini I was able to enable/disable it.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files

gpzbc

Post by gpzbc » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:48 pm

Woohoo!!!
This has got to be the script that I consider to be the most useful. And it just got better! I have been waiting for the auto-delete old archives feature. Perfect! Thank you! I'm installing it right now.

Just FYI. I subscribe to an RSS feed for updated scripts on your website. For some reason the RSS feed for the "Backup" script update was linked to the "Backup Playlists" script. No big deal, but I thought I would let you know.

Thanks again!
--
The gpzbc

Vyper

Post by Vyper » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:26 pm

I didn't know Trix had a feed! Awesome! Thanks! :D
Stop Button Freak

gpzbc

Post by gpzbc » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:29 pm

Yep, you can find it here. http://trixmoto.net/mm/news.php
It has been invaluable for me.
--
The gpzbc

dypsis

Post by dypsis » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:55 am

What does (output and second) mean?

Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:24 am

I could be wrong, but I think there might be a slight error somewhere within the script. Just ran a backup process, having it save some ZIPs. Filenames were set to: "MediaMonkey Backup (<V>.<B> ~ <Y>-<M>-<D> ~ <H>_<M>_<S>).zip"

Where the possible trouble comes in, is the resulting filename was "MediaMonkey Backup (3.2.0.1294 ~ 2010-01-16 ~ 04_01_41).zip" I'm sure nothing looks wrong regarding that filename, but it does when you factor in when I ran the process. It was ran closer to 4:14 and in fact, the Restore script says: "Time.................4:14:41 AM" which would be more in line with when the process was ran. So it seems as though minutes has been padded by an extra zero (which shoved the four out) or something. Something to look into.

EDIT: Another trivial observation. The resulting Restore script still has "Backup created by Trixmoto's Backup script (version 5.2)"

Bex

Post by Bex » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:32 am

Mizery_Made wrote:set to: "MediaMonkey Backup (<V>.<B> ~ <Y>-<M>-<D> ~ <H>_<M>_<S>).zip"

Where the possible trouble comes in, is the resulting filename was "MediaMonkey Backup (3.2.0.1294 ~ 2010-01-16 ~ 04_01_41).zip"
<M> is month, <N> is minutes. So it should be like this:
"MediaMonkey Backup (<V>.<B> ~ <Y>-<M>-<D> ~ <H>_<N>_<S>).zip"
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts

Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:41 am

Yeah... I just came back looking to delete my embarrassing post, seeing as that just hit me. Ha. I think the trouble came from it being late... waaay late, and me following the 'logical pattern' that had been set, that being the initial of each field being it's tag, and the fact Hours, Minutes and Seconds are typically "H", "M" and "S" respectively. So yeah... my bad on that one.

At least there's that other observation I noted. I should probably go back and double check that one too. :oops:

Bex

Post by Bex » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:46 am

No worries, I've done this myself many times!
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts

gpzbc

Post by gpzbc » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:01 pm

dypsis wrote:What does (output and second) mean?
In addition to the backup files being written to the backup folder you assign, you can also assign 2 separate archives to be written. "Output Archive" is the first instance and "Second Archive" is the second instance.
--
The gpzbc

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:17 pm

I think all the questions have been answered, but just in case...

@nynaevelan - I have disabled the zip archive checkboxes if the component cannot be installed, but there should be nothing stopping you from selecting the output path.

@gpzbc - thanks! There does appear to be a problem with my "go.php" page, I'll take a look at this soon.

@Vyper - I do, direct link here... http://trixmoto.net/mm/feed.php.

@dypsis - "output" refers to the "Output Archive" whereas "second" refers to the "Second Archive".

@Mizery_Made - <M> is for months and <N> is for minutes, I didn't really think about it I just used the letters that Uniface uses, which is the language I use primarily professionally. Is there something more standard I should have used? Unfortunately that string is in a number of places and I missed have missed one, I try not to next version. :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:23 pm

trixmoto wrote:Thanks, I hope they live up to expectation! :)

It is definately meeting my expectations.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files

gpzbc

Post by gpzbc » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:49 pm

ditto :wink:
--
The gpzbc

Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:15 pm

trixmoto wrote:@nynaevelan - I have disabled the zip archive checkboxes if the component cannot be installed, but there should be nothing stopping you from selecting the output path.

@Mizery_Made - <M> is for months and <N> is for minutes, I didn't really think about it I just used the letters that Uniface uses, which is the language I use primarily professionally. Is there something more standard I should have used? Unfortunately that string is in a number of places and I missed have missed one, I try not to next version. :)
Regarding my issue... yeah, it's been resolved. By the time I got to the time, I stopped consulting the popup and went with the flow that had been set (the initials of the words and didn't realize the conflict with Month and Minutes, ha.) Not much to do, as both "MM/DD/YYYY" and "HH:MM:SS" are common, but they obviously conflict. I think it's fine... people just need to pay attention to the popup a little better. :oops:

Regarding Nyn's issue. I had the same problem last night. I had 5.2 installed, but never actually used it. When I installed 5.3 and went to set it up, I too was unable to check either Archive output option, but it allowed me to set the paths/filenames. Figured maybe it was just an option on by default, if you set a path. When I ran the process though, it failed because it was unable to create the zip.

Looked here, and found the fix to "register the DLL" and did that, even though it was mentioned it's a problem for those with UAC on (I've had UAC off since I got this laptop two years ago). Ran it again and it failed once more. Read Nyn's comment about editing the INI. Pulled up the MM.ini and found a section for "[MMBackup]" that had what looked to be default values (even though I had changed several values in the options window.)
MMBackup]
Auto=0
Mdbc=0
Inic=0
Scrc=0
Bakc=0
Zipc=0
Bdir=C:\
Zdir=C:\MediaMonkey.zip
Dlay=2
Size=0
Shut=0
Sknc=0
Plgc=0
Butt=0
Clup=0
Mess=0
Over=0
Play=0
Othc=0
Extc=0
Yipc=0
M3us=0
M3um=0
Regi=0
Odir=
Edir=C:\ProgramData\MediaMonkey\
Ydir=
That's what it looked like, or near identical to that. I pulled that up from one of my manual backups from August '09. Anyway, deleted that section from the INI, saved and then it allowed me to check the Zip options and correctly ran the backup process. Perhaps some kind of conflict with the INI values between versions that didn't allow the new version to write new values? (I see the new section that was created has a lot more switches and such.)

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:39 pm

If the DLL is not registered then the archive checkboes will untick themselves and disable, because obviously without the DLL these options won't work anyway. However, once the DLL is registered, you should be able to re-tick them. There are new ini values in this release, but there should be no conflict, and certainly nothing you can amend manually that you can't within the options of the script. I'll check it out some more, but at first glance I can't replicate this issue.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.