Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

lordbear

Re: Backup 5.8 - Updated 27/10/2010

Post by lordbear »

gpbzc - Thank you! I got it.

It turns out that the important trick is to NOT try to locate the Archive folder as a subfolder of the Output folder. Your screenshot showed me that you had a parent folder with TWO folders. One that collects the uncompressed backup files (which would, understandably, be overwritten in subsequent backups) and another that is where the ZIP archive of those files would go. Which would not be overwritten.

Users would be well-served to have a document that explains these settings in simple and practical terms. Scouring through 58 pages of forum posts is a rather steep learning curve for most users. I'm a 20 year IT veteran and not dense about the arcane underpinnings of applications and I could not figure this out without assistance. That's not a good sign. *shrug*

Still, Trixmoto has given us a great gift!
Thanks
-- Bear
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

I am glad you got it all figured out!
--
The gpzbc
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

gpzbc, your posts here are most helpful.

What I cannot understand is what is the Second Archive supposed to do.
I see that you do not use it. Is that coz it is worthless.
I have just inspected the folders in my Second Archive folder.
The folders that are made each time there is a backup run...are Empty.
Empty that is except for one file.
How come there is no complete backup of files in Second Archive.
Thanks,
MediaMonkey user since 2006
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Thanks.

As I understand it, the zipped "Output Archive" and the zipped "Second Archive" are secondary and tertiary, respectively, to the unzipped primary backup files. You could use it if you wanted to send two zipped archives to two different locations. For example, the primary backup goes to another folder on your computer. The Zipped Archive goes to another partition on your computer. And the Second Archive goes to an External Hard Drive.

With that being said, I'm not sure why your Second Archive folder is empty. If you want to post a screenshot of your settings, I can attempt to help you troubleshoot it.
--
The gpzbc
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

gpzbc, I said your posts were helpful - and you gawn n' dun it again.
I wasn't specifying the Second archive as a Zip. I have now, and guess what it creates a ...wait for it...a Second archive. [zipped]
Ta, :)
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

:D
I'm glad you got it figured out!
--
The gpzbc
nonob

Post by nonob »

Hi,
I use mediamonkey with a resolution of 1024x576 and i don't see the backup button of this addon.
How can i fix that ?
Thanks
Website "Le Geek du Cerisier" : MediaMonkey
MMW on desktop PC: Windows 10, MB MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C91) (AM4), CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics 3.90 GHz, RAM DDR4 16 GB, SSD M.2 SK-Hynix SSS0L24765 512 GB (C:), 3,5" Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 1 To (D:)
MMA on 4 Android devices - MMW5 gold in test... - MMW4 gold used for years (with extensions: AdvancedReport, Album Art Tagger, CustomFieldsTagger, Custom Report, Discogs Tagger, French translation, GenreFinder, Last.fm Scrobbler, Lyricator, MM codec pack Trial, MusicBrainz Tagger, MusicIPTagger, RegExpFind and Replace, Tagging inconsistencies)
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

I'm not sure I know what you mean. Can you see all of the MM window? Were you able to see the button before, but now it is gone? Can you give us more details?
--
The gpzbc
nonob

Post by nonob »

Hi
I can't view the "backup" button on the backup window when my resolution is 1024x576.
If i change to 1024x768, it works..

thanks
Website "Le Geek du Cerisier" : MediaMonkey
MMW on desktop PC: Windows 10, MB MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C91) (AM4), CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics 3.90 GHz, RAM DDR4 16 GB, SSD M.2 SK-Hynix SSS0L24765 512 GB (C:), 3,5" Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 1 To (D:)
MMA on 4 Android devices - MMW5 gold in test... - MMW4 gold used for years (with extensions: AdvancedReport, Album Art Tagger, CustomFieldsTagger, Custom Report, Discogs Tagger, French translation, GenreFinder, Last.fm Scrobbler, Lyricator, MM codec pack Trial, MusicBrainz Tagger, MusicIPTagger, RegExpFind and Replace, Tagging inconsistencies)
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Oh, I see what you mean. I don't know the answer. That seems like something the developer of the script would have to address. We'll see if he chimes in.
--
The gpzbc
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

nonob wrote:Hi
I can't view the "backup" button on the backup window when my resolution is 1024x576.
If i change to 1024x768, it works..

thanks
I had the self same problem sorry but not sure how I fixed it.
Dunno if this will help.
1. try to resize the Dialog box by stretching the edge with your mouse.
2. try using a different font - I have had HUGE problems with font sizes.
3. Different skins behave in different ways - try a alternative skin.
ripndip

Post by ripndip »

Hello All, :)

I am having error issues with my Monkey.

Mediamonkey errors:

Code: Select all

1) Windows Script Host:
C:\Users\Andrewxx\...\Scripts\Abackup.vbs
Line:113
Char:7
Error:Permission Denied
Code:800A0046
Source:MS VBscript Runtime Error

2)  Error executing script event.
Object required: 'SDB.Objects(...)'

System Info: 
MM Version: 4.0.2.1462
Windows 7 Premium
Intel i7 8gb Ram

It seems a lot of the issues are coming from the backup script maybe? I uninstalled another script Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix but the problems persist.

Can someone help me debug Or use older scripts (maybe with an older version of MM)? I really enjoy MusicBrainz/IP, Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix, Backup etc. Scripts that allow me to maintain my db.

Ps- I also tried running non-skinned but no solution.
ripndip

Post by ripndip »

gpzbc wrote:I get the sense from your response that you want someone else to respond. Maybe someone else will chime in, but I'm pretty confident that my advice to you is good. Just give it a try, and I think you will find that it works exactly as you want it to work. I am pretty sure that those two options (overwrite existing backup, and cleanup output path) apply to the main backup, not the zipped backup.

I have it set up exactly as you describe. I have all of my backups going to a "MM Backup" folder. I don't have the "cleanup output path" box checked, but I do have "Overwrite Existing Backup" option checked, and every time I run the backup script, the newest backup files get put into the MM Backup folder (overwriting the old backup). I also have the option checked to have a zipped folder of the backup files saved to my "Archive" folder within my MM Backup folder. Since I have the zipped mask set to write it with the date and time, I have a nice little archive of backups saved according to date. Think of it as two different backups. One is zipped, and one is not.

In other words, just try what I suggested. Like I said, I think it will work out exactly as you want it to.
If it is helpful, here are my settings.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 90#p335223

Good luck!
THANKS! I will revisit this after I get passed the bugs of my install. Bookmarked
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Glad I could help!
--
The gpzbc
ripndip

Post by ripndip »

gpzbc wrote:As I understand it (and I may be wrong), MM4 has consolidated the locations where Extensions, Plugins, Scripts are now stored. It is all stored in "C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\" now. Any files stored elsewhere are remnants of MM3 and/or a script that is still not been updated for MM4.

Basically what I ended up doing was leaving all of the folder options unchecked in Backup Settings, and simply point my "Other Folder" to my AppData Roaming folder. That seems to catch everything. At least I think so. :o

This is what it looks like.

I noticed you checked registry backup, if you are experiencing errors or want to make sure your install is clean will this bring back any nasty scripts or files? Is the registry specific to the machine or can it be carried over to multiple Windows Xp/7 etc?