Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Peke

Re: Masks

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Not sure if it is fully updated but here is internal list of masks https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... ask_Fields
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
djmt99

Post by djmt99 »

Peke wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 7:31 am Hi,
Not sure if it is fully updated but here is internal list of masks https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... ask_Fields
Ya, I checked that. The masks I used before, aren't there. Unfortunately, I don't have the same string that I used before, but I do have an archive that saved as "MM_4.1.5.1719_2016-12-30_1129". It included the MM version, year, date and time.

Looking back at a post in the backup thread (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7746&p=240656&hilit=mask#p240656), it shows masks that aren't in the list previously mentioned (ie: <Y><M><D>.<H>.<N>.
Disc Jockey (DJ & VJ) ; AV & Lighting Tech ; Music Lover of all types
MediaMonkey Gold - Proud Lifetime License holder, Since Aug 2008
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
That forum topic is for third party plugin not MM native masks.
Best regards,
Peke
djmt99

Re: Backup 5.2 [MM2+3]

Post by djmt99 »

RobertSmith wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:13 pm With the above mask the script will save a zip-file in G:\Backup with a name like:
MediaMonkey [version] - date - hour.minute.zip

Code: Select all

MediaMonkey [3.1.0.1256] - 2009-07-23 - 20.27.zip
I'm trying to replicate this mask, but the code is missing. Can you please repost?
martialartsguy

Post by martialartsguy »

djmt99 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 10:59 pm Where can I find a complete list of masks for saving backups (via script) to a directory. I just installed on a new machine and can't seem to find the way I had it before, where it was "<Media Monkey Version Number> <Year> <Month> <Date> <Time>", and it was done with single letters, if I recall.

All references found when searching point to https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... ormats/4.0 however that does not cover the specifics listed above.
Mine is: [Folder Name]\<Y>-<M>-<D> - <V>-<B>\, which outputs: 2020-05-15 - 4.1.28-1905.

V=Version B=Build

If you hover over the Output path field it will show you the letters used.
MM Gold since 2006
djmt99

Post by djmt99 »

martialartsguy wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 12:22 pm If you hover over the Output path field it will show you the letters used.
That's it! Thank you!
djmt99

Re: Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Post by djmt99 »

WARNING! The runtime errors that have been previously mentioned, seem to be affecting the library itself. I just found out the very hard way, that when MM4 opens, and you get the error, any changes to the library are not saved upon shutdown. The only way to save any changes is to completely remove the Backup Script. This is very unfortunate, as I relied on the automatic functions of this script. I guess I'll just be routinely backing up mm.db manually!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Backup script is one of older and non maintained, while MMW evolved over the years scrip hasn't followed improvements.

You will be relieved that MM5 have native backup of MM5.DB :)
Best regards,
Peke
SeigneurAo

Post by SeigneurAo »

dypsis wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:35 pm I think you might find that many users manually restore, as Restore.vbs has been troublesome.
  • Double click MediaMonkey.reg to add the data to the Registry.
  • Copy and replace MediaMonkey.ini to either C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey or C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\MediaMonkey.
    Just check the above location for you.
  • Copy and replace MM.DB to either C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey or C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\MediaMonkey.
    It should be the same location as MediaMonkey.ini
  • The Plugins, Scripts and Skins folders are copied and replaced at:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Skins for a 64-bit operating system or C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Skins for a 32-bit operating system.
  • The MediaMonkey folder is copied and replaced at: C:\ProgramData\MediaMonkey
    I doubt if that last one changes too much.
If I understand correctly, until MM5 releases (and it could still be some time down the road), the best way to backup/restore is the post I quoted above ?
Could someone please explain to me which key(s) should be exported from the Registry ? I should manage the other items, but this particular one is giving me trouble (I'm tech savvy, no problem there).
It's a real shame that this otherwise wonderful piece of software that is MediaMonkey still doesn't include such a tool natively in 2020...
Thanks in advance for your help !
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If you install MediaMonkey as a Portable Install you can just backup the whole install, including the registry settings (as they're in a file instead of registry).

MediaMonkey 5 will only backup the database.
SeigneurAo

Post by SeigneurAo »

Lowlander wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:59 am If you install MediaMonkey as a Portable Install you can just backup the whole install, including the registry settings (as they're in a file instead of registry).

MediaMonkey 5 will only backup the database.
It's a regular install. I bought a new computer and need to transfer MM between the old one and the new.
Really sad if no import/export mechanism makes it to MM5 :-/
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Not specifically a Backup issue but hoping someone here can help me. I have a new computer and brought mm over. Everything is working find except that Backup puts up a message that it can't delete the folder. I believe this is because the directory it is pointing to is marked as ReadOnly. I can not change this. I uncheck the box apply/save and come back and it is checked again. I am admin ... i have full rights to the directory ... so how to i clear the readonly flag?
Thanks
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Guebil

Post by Guebil »

Is there any instructions as I am struggling configurating it?

Also MM when I start MM I get an error #70 - permission denied - File: "C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\Backup.vbs", Line: 1724, column:2

Many thanks
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Install "backup60.mmip" and the following error message appears:

MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Erwin Hanzl wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:50 am Install "backup60.mmip" and the following error message appears:

Disable auto backup on startup and shutdown. Just backup manually, and restore using these instructions.

There are some suggested settings here.