Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

dritch666

Re: Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Post by dritch666 »

Hi how do I uninstall Backup 6.0 I am getting an error when exiting media monkey.

Thanks
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Tools > Extensions should allow you to uninstall Addons.
dritch666

Post by dritch666 »

Thanks that worked :)
Hdhntr23

Post by Hdhntr23 »

Can someone please either point me to the specific instructions on how to restore a back up or explain it please?
VariableFlame

Post by VariableFlame »

To restore from a backup, just copy and paste the contents of the backup directory or archive to the location of the MediaMonkey database.
The default location is C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey
Then start MediaMonkey and you should be good to go.
JRW

Post by JRW »

Hi,

I have just had to reinstall Windows & MM and have found that the Output Archive zip option is greyed out. I had been using it OK in my previous installation but now can only backup to a folder, not a zip file. Is there something I need to change to make this work?
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

MM version?
Have you tried reinstalling add-on.
Can you post a screenshot of settings dialog?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

JRW wrote:Hi,

I have just had to reinstall Windows & MM and have found that the Output Archive zip option is greyed out. I had been using it OK in my previous installation but now can only backup to a folder, not a zip file. Is there something I need to change to make this work?
The reason why you can't tick the archive boxes is because you need to register your zip dll.
Check out this post. http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... bc#p258498

Note that these instructions could be different if you are using the DotNetZip component. Check out Trixmoto's signature at this post for the DotNetZip componenet.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 15#p391446

Hopefully that helps. Let us know if not.
--
The gpzbc
terrypin

Post by terrypin »

Is this thread the right one in which to ask questions about getting Auto Backup working again please? At 96 pages long I don't have time to read the lot!

Yesterday, in the course of trying to get my old playlists imported (thread http://forum.mediamonkey.com/viewtopic. ... 76#p439876 ) the backup process that was running fine whenever MM closed suddenly started giving me this message: "Backup cancelled because output folder could not be created."

Thinking it must be because I changed my folders in pursuit of the playlists, I recreated an empty folder called MMBackup, but the error persists.

It's been a long time since I worked with MM's scripts so I'd much appreciate some no-brainer steps to get automatic backup working again please.

BTW, presumably everyone here backs up? So I'm not clear why this is not a simple built-in feature?
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
MM 5.0.2.2532 (Gold), i7 4.0 GHz running Win 10 Pro
MM 4.1.31.1919 (Gold)
terrypin

How to set up MMbackup?

Post by terrypin »

In my attempt to get this working again I used Tools > Extensions, Uninstall then Add to re-install. It reported success. But why does it not display the setup dialog so that I can check if there's some folder or whatever wrongly specified?
Last edited by Lowlander on Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
MM 5.0.2.2532 (Gold), i7 4.0 GHz running Win 10 Pro
MM 4.1.31.1919 (Gold)
brendansull

Media Monkey backup error

Post by brendansull »

First off,
Sorry for starting a new thread. I found one about this that was from 2014, but it doesn't make much sense to me - I am not very computer literate.
I am running the latest MM.
I want to auto backup the database and settings, just in case I need to do a full reinstall at some point and don't lose that database and playlists etc.
So when I go to run the script I have the following settings ticked, see pic 1 The output path is a new folder I created in documents.
I always get this error - see pic 2

First off, have I all the right boxes ticked in order to get a full backup. (Every day the drive undergoes a scheduled backup to an external drive)
And secondly, what do I change to enable the back to complete properly....for a person who doesn't know much about computers
Thanks
brendansull

Re: Media Monkey backup error

Post by brendansull »

Ok I don't know how to add a picture, that isn't working. Sorry.

So Image 1 shows that Database, Settings, Script files, Skins, Plugins and Extensions are ticked
The output path is a folder I created in Documents

Image 2 is the error message
'C;\\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\MeadiMonkey\Scripts\ABackup.vbs
Line: 1117
Error: Permission denied
Code: 800A0046
Source: Microsoft VBScript runtime error
MMFrLife

Re: Media Monkey backup error

Post by MMFrLife »

You have two closing brackets at the beginning of the image url format. Take one out.
Also, you can't show an image directly from your computer. You have to have it hosted on
an image hosting site like imgur (free).
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Stigg

Re: Backup Error

Post by Stigg »

I have started getting a Backup error every time I try to do a backup.
I have tried reinstalling, but it doesn't help.

Stigg

Re: Backup 6.0 Common AppData Problem

Post by Stigg »

I found the problem. The above error message threw me off.
The problem was actually a Windows 64-bit issue in the WOW6432Node. Not sure if it is a Windows 10 only problem, but Backup was the only script that stopped working.

The string "Common AppData" in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders" was missing.

String: Common AppData
Value: C:\ProgramData
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders]
"Common AppData"="C:\\ProgramData"