Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

MarineBrat

Post by MarineBrat »

Hi Trix:

Have you looked lately at adding 3.0 compatibility to this script? As I recall it worked correctly with 3.0 Alpha except that it didn't backup the actual database file.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Another request .... could you add a browse button for the output archive path as well? :D
Stop Button Freak
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@MarineBrat - I will start scripting for MM3 once it is in beta.

@Vyper - I'll add this to my list. :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Thanks. :D
Stop Button Freak
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (4.1) is now available to download from my website.

I have added a button to browse for the output archive. You'll need to amend this manually to add the mask fields of course! :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

You are the man! Thanks! :D
Stop Button Freak
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks! :lol:
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Okay ..... I had occasion to try and restore my MM2 configuration tonight due to some stupidity on my part.

Either this script doesn't do what I thought it did or I don't know how to restore my MM .... which means the latter is probably the case.

If I completely screw up my MM configuration, how do I restore it?
Stop Button Freak
Diabolic-Destiny

Post by Diabolic-Destiny »

didnt read this in the description does it backup scripts as well?
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Methinks I need some clarification from Trix. I was hoping this would completely restore my MM to what it was if I screwed it royally, including settings, skins, scripts, magic nodes, etc. :(
Stop Button Freak
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@Vyper - what can be restored depends on which items you have ticked at the top of the settings. Your library itself (with playcounts and playlists, etc) is the MediaMonkey.mdb file. All your settings and magic nodes are in the MediaMonkey.ini file. The scripts, skins and plugins are all in separate folders, so again it depends if you ticked these options. To restore all your should need to do is run the Restore.vbs file using Windows Script Host (this is normally the Open action, but if not use Open With...). This will copy all of the files you have backed up, back to where they came from (overwriting your incorrect or deleted files).

@Diabolic-Destiny - yes it does, if you tick the box next to "Script files".
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Ah, I see how Restoring works now.

However, after having run the restore, my magic nodes are still gone. And I have everything ticked in the Backup Options.

:(
Stop Button Freak
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Something strange ...... the MM ini file did indeed have the magic node information but would not display them for some reason. I had to delete all nodes and then recreate them. Kind of a pain but fortunately I only have a few so it was no biggie.

Also, the browse button for the zip archive in the Options doesn't work like the button above it for some reason. It will open the folder you're trying to select instead of selecting it.
Stop Button Freak
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

It's possible that MM had created another .ini file in your My Music folder and was referring to this one instead of the restored one with the magic nodes in. Either way, I'm glad you've managed to restore everything else.

The output path button is browsing for a folder whereas the output archive button is browsing for a zip file - this is why they are different.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

You may be on to something there regarding the ini file. I see there's one in My Music/Media Monkey folder which is different than the one in the Program Files/Media Monkey Folder. Will investigate further. :)

Edit: I think that's it. I apparently had changed it with Tweak Monkey. It's now back in the Program Files folder and all seems well now. :D

Regarding the archive button: Oh! Image
Stop Button Freak