Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

gpzbc

Re: Backup 5.3 - Updated 15/01/2010

Post by gpzbc »

Ugh... So I tried to uninstall the Backup Script with the plan of reinstalling it. When I uninstalled it, it gave me an error message that a dll could not be deleted, but I clicked the "ok" button before I could write down which dll it was having a hard time with.

So I went to reinstall the Backup Script and nothing happens. When I click on the mmip file, nothing happens. It is the same thing with Add/Remove Playstat script. However, both scripts are no longer showing in my list of extensions.
:x
--
The gpzbc
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

@154

Code: Select all

Dim logf : Set logf = fso.CreateTextFile(bdir&"Restore.vbs",True,True)
Looks like Restore.vbs was open for edit at the time of the backup.
Exit and restarting MM may fix problem.

If you are using Process Explorer then Ctrl-F can be used to find process with Restore.vbs file open.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

gpzbc wrote:Ugh... So I tried to uninstall the Backup Script with the plan of reinstalling it. When I uninstalled it, it gave me an error message that a dll could not be deleted, but I clicked the "ok" button before I could write down which dll it was having a hard time with.

So I went to reinstall the Backup Script and nothing happens. When I click on the mmip file, nothing happens. It is the same thing with Add/Remove Playstat script. However, both scripts are no longer showing in my list of extensions.
:x
Hmmm. Do you have two copies of MM running.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

No, I don't think i had two instances open. I guess it is possible - even though I have "allow only one instance" checked in Tools --> Options.

I just fully uninstalled MM and I am attempting a reinstall right now. I'll keep you posted.
Last edited by gpzbc on Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--
The gpzbc
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Well, it worked. I did a full uninstall of MM and then reinstalled it. I then restored everything from a backup and everything seems to be working great.
I honestly don't know what happened. Is there any chance that the Add/Remove Playstat script could have caused a conflict? I just don't see how I could have had another instance of Restore.vbs open and running.

UPDATE:
Whoa! I take that back. I just ran a backup from the backup script and now I can't check the output archive box. Grrrr.....

Another UPDATE:
Ok, I got everything up and running. I forgot that I had to register the dll.
All is good... I think. :D

Thank you Owyn for your assistance.
--
The gpzbc
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

I know I am coming to the party late but I've seen that error when I am trying to run a backup but some other process is running and has the database locked. But Trixmoto has now added the option to run the backup when the db is idle, so that helps to prevent these problems.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well it can't be a script conflict, if you're getting a "permission denied" message then this is definitely something at the operating system level. If you've switched off UAC then maybe it's something like an antivirus or other security type software?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

That's interesting. Permission denied suggested that something at the OS or Antivirus level was blocking it from running. But, that is near impossible. I've been running the Backup script nearly every day (or more) for the past year. And I had just successfully run the backup script less than an hour before I started seeing those scripts. And the only thing I did in that time between the two backups was download and install Add/Remove Playstat, run it on a few tracks, and do some work to clean up my genres. So I don't know what happened.

I'll keep you posted if I see anything like that again. In the meantime, I'm very thankful I had the backup script, otherwise I would have been screwed! It saved my butt.
Thanks for your help
--
The gpzbc
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Very interesting indeed, but I can confirm that I have been running both Backup and the Add/Remove Playstat scripts together since Add/Remove was released and I have never had a problem with the two conflicting with each other. But for me UAC has always been turned off, I also run McAfee Antivirus, if that helps.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

I don't know....... weird.
FWIW, UAC has always been turned off for me too. That's one of the first things I do on a new computer.
Well, hopefully I won't see the problem again.
Thanks.
--
The gpzbc
peter_h

Post by peter_h »

The link to XZip.dll at http://trix.dork.com is broken.
Is this the same dll here: http://www.xstandard.com/en/documentation/xzip/ ...?
:) Pete, from Wellington, New Zealand.

Running WinXP sp3, 2Gig memory, nVidia 8600GT video.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Where is that link? I've not had that site for a few years now. It is that component, yes, but you know it's included in the installation package, right?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
sebadrude

Post by sebadrude »

Thanx a lot for your help, gpzbc and trixmoto!

I got the backup script running fine now. :)

I suggest the fine text by RobertSmith deserves to go on some mediamonkey WIKI-page so that people can find it easier, together with the information that XZip.dll needs to be registered.

However, the description of RobertSmith may still need some improvement to become a full-fledged manual page. Some options are not commented on yet, and, for instance, the difference between "Output folder" and "Output path" is still not really clear for me, despite the description of No "11" -- which does not explain too much:

From viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7746&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=510#p215366 :
"11) This could vary depending on the user, for example the folder which MM uses for the mediamonkey.m3u" :roll:

I let this field empty, as the screen-shot suggested. but I am still curious for what it was intended... :wink:

Anyway, thank you very much -- I have to say that this experience (my first one in such a forum) was very positive!

SebaDrude
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

You'll have to let someone else advice you on the "Other Folder". It is not a feature that I use.
I'm glad you got it mostly figured out. :D
--
The gpzbc
peter_h

Post by peter_h »

trixmoto wrote:Where is that link? I've not had that site for a few years now. It is that component, yes, but you know it's included in the installation package, right?
Trixmoto: Yes, finally figured it out that it was included with the package, after I downloaded it and went to put it in the script folder :roll:

However, the reason I went down that route was that the option for using an archive in the Backup dialog was greyed out. I searched the forums and found the link to the dll file (That link is actually in this thread, somewhere in the early posts). So the absence of the dll wasn't the issue. The problem turned out to be that it wasn't "registered", so after I manually did a [START]>Run...

Code: Select all

regsvr32  "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\xzip.dll"
...the option became selectable.

BTW, Thanks for your generosity in sharing all your scripts. I really appreciate you for it. :D
:) Pete, from Wellington, New Zealand.

Running WinXP sp3, 2Gig memory, nVidia 8600GT video.