Auto Album DJ 3.8 - Updated 08/08/2010

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I could in fact use the new script type to rewrite this script. The difference would be that although a whole album is selected, it will then be cached. The tracks from this album would be added one at a time. Do you think this is better than adding them all at once?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
gege

Post by gege »

trixmoto wrote:I could in fact use the new script type to rewrite this script. The difference would be that although a whole album is selected, it will then be cached. The tracks from this album would be added one at a time. Do you think this is better than adding them all at once?
Hi, trix.
I've noticed jiri's answer about this, but I still think the ideal solution would be the possibility to enqueue a list of tracks, instead of just one.
Of course, the 'internal cache' workaround can be used if GenerateTrack stays the way it is now.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Looks like the script will have to stay the way it is for now then.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (2.7) is now available from my website. Changes include...

- Tidied up options sheet
- Added option to specify earliest by a relative number of days
- Added option to specify maximum average of the playcounts

Let me know what you think! :)
nosfera2

Post by nosfera2 »

I saved the file to mediamonkey/scripts but don't see the Auto Album Dj option in the program. In the Scripts folder, there's also a folder named 'auto'--was I supposed to save it in there? I ran the file once it was saved etc.

Sorry if this is a ridiculous question--I'm new to this whole thing

Thanx for any and all help!!
sasapuksic

Post by sasapuksic »

yes put it in to Auto folder ...
nosfera2

Post by nosfera2 »

I've got the button now--the thing I'm running into now is if I have a playlist open, and click on the auto album dj button, I'm getting an error message that says "Error: Auto Album DJ - an album could not be selected"

Also--where do I go to configure this function?---i.e I'd like to set it to randomly play one song from each album on my list before selecting another random song from the same album.

Thanx again!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

You can amend the options by going to "Tools, Options, AutoAlbumDJ Settings".

The error message you mention appears when the script cannot find an album which matches the criteria you have set. You might need to broaden your criteria or increase the number of Attempts (in the options).

You can't configure this script to do what you've indicated you require. This script adds the whole album (except in 3-from-1 mode) which has been randomly selected.
RedX

Post by RedX »

trixmoto wrote:New version (2.7) is now available from my website. Changes include...

- Tidied up options sheet
- Added option to specify earliest by a relative number of days
- Added option to specify maximum average of the playcounts

Let me know what you think! :)

Thx for the upgrade! I like that you tried to insert the options for the avg play count i suggested. But i'm afraid that's not exactly what i meant. (Unless the option name is confusing).

Let me explain again what i meant: Auto album dj (AADJ) should pick any album at random as now. Then it checks if it has been played more then other album from the db, if yes it should pick another one.
If the option 3 of the same kind are selected then the songs with the lowest playcount from the album should be selected. If all album have same playcount it would pick any random and play it. This would remove the need for a real max avg play number.

But i will still give it a try using it as it is now :) thx again for the update.
nosfera2

Post by nosfera2 »

trixmoto wrote: You can't configure this script to do what you've indicated you require. This script adds the whole album (except in 3-from-1 mode) which has been randomly selected.

Oh--that's disappointing. Any chance that could be included in a future update? :wink: I don't mind a random mode, but my prior experience with other programs is I hear random songs from my playlist, only I'll hear 2+ songs from one album w/o ever hearing even one song from other albums in the list.

Thanx much for the info though--and any consideration of my request.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@RedX - I see, I'll take a look for the next version.

@nosfera2 - I think this would need to be a different script, not part of this one.
nosfera2

Post by nosfera2 »

That would be great in any incarnation--thanks for your time and help!

Should I add this to the wishlist?
jomtones

Post by jomtones »

Sorry if I'm being dumb but where is the link to this script?
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Stop Button Freak
jomtones

Post by jomtones »

thanks a lot m8!