Auto Album DJ 3.8 - Updated 08/08/2010

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

MaFt

Re: Auto Album DJ 3.8 - Updated 08/08/2010

Post by MaFt »

trixmoto wrote:Or you could check the link in my signature...
Clever :)

Cheers!!

MaFt
http://maft.co.uk
Filzbiber

Post by Filzbiber »

sorry, could solve my problem myself by copying the mediamonkey.ini file of my recently made backup :)

thnx anyway :)
Dr Muffin

Post by Dr Muffin »

Thanks for the script! Fantastic!!
Stevotower

Post by Stevotower »

I'm having lots of trouble with AADJ in MM 4. The config sheet throws VBScript errors (usually complaints about Mid or Left) and the script doesn't seem to perform the basic functionality of adding an album to the playlist. I made some attempts to debug the specific error lines and stamped out a few of the errors, but basically got nowhere.

Is anyone else seeing the same kinds of issues? Did something change with the way MM4 interfaces with VBS? I can post specifics if necessary, but I would guess this would be very easy to reproduce.

I'm running Win7x64, MM 4.0.0.1459, but behavior was same in the betas.
Stevotower

Post by Stevotower »

Turns out the problem with not pulling a new album was due to the new "Playback Rules" setting in MM4. I happened to be testing with classical music which has "Ignore Auto-DJ when playing" selected by default. I unchecked that and AADJ starting working (with VBScript errors, and it wasn't honoring the SQL filter choice).

So the issues seem to be down to:
1) a variety of VBScript errors (mismatched type for some assignments, such as AvgRating (line 252), MinRating (line 290); and many instances "Invalid Procedure Call or Argument 'Left' [or Mid]", none of which occur in MM3, and
2) FilterSQL in the GenerateNewTrack SELECT string (line 794) passed to SDB.Database.OpenSQL (line 738) doesn't seem to be filtering anything. An example string looks like:
SELECT Count(*) As Nombre FROM Songs WHERE IDAlbum=782 AND Rating>-2 AND Songs.TrackType in (3)
for FilterName = "Classical Music", so it seems the FilterName translates to a filter ID (3 in this case).

Any help is appreciated. AADJ is 60% of why I love MediaMonkey and I really want to get it working again!
Stevotower

Post by Stevotower »

Never mind.

As a long shot I deleted my MM user profile, started clean and let it rebuild my database. Everything works perfectly now.
Queseuq

Post by Queseuq »

I'm using MM4 too and the script is just dragging in random tracks rather than albums. Has anyone else seen this issue? I tried a clean reinstall but it didn't help. The stay in the same style auto DJ script is also not quite working properly for me, has something just changed with the AutoDJ?

EDIT: Okay, so it turns out that was me being stupid. I'm still getting VBS errors though. What files did you delete Stevotower? Is no one else having problems with MM4? I have this AutoAlbum on all the time so I don't feel like I can upgrade until I get it working :-?
Sean.I.Am

Post by Sean.I.Am »

Does this work for MediaMonkey 4?

I can't get it to work, but this is my first time messing around with MediaMonkey, so it might just be me.

Thanks,
Sean
mashenden

Post by mashenden »

Sean.I.Am wrote:Does this work for MediaMonkey 4?

I can't get it to work, but this is my first time messing around with MediaMonkey, so it might just be me.

Thanks,
Sean
I too have the same question (partially because I am new to MM). Anyone?
tommycrock

Post by tommycrock »

I'm getting a List out of bounds error if I use this script for a while. It throws 00658626. Anyone have a clue why this would be? Today it got through 6 albums, but on the 6th got half way through and then each time a song would end would throw this error and not add a new track to the now playing list. Eventually of course it ran out of the 5 songs queued up and stopped playing. If I restart MM4 all is well... for a while.
MaFt

Post by MaFt »

I can't seem to get this to work in MM4?

Is it compatible? I've set everything as normal but it just doesn't want to add tracks to the playlist...

MaFt
http://maft.co.uk
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

It works absolutely fine for me. Have you tried enabling the debug mode to see if that helps determine the problem?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
kcwebbah

Post by kcwebbah »

First off, I love this script! However, I'm having problems with the script on my home computer (works fine on my work computer). It doesn't appear that the Memory and Genre Filter are working properly. The Memory always shows 0 albums and Genre Filter just isn't working. If I type in "Rock" it doesn't just add Rock genre songs. I can't seem to figure out why this isn't working. Any ideas? Thanks!

I've restarted several times and I'm using MM Version 4.0.6
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

In the options sheet you can tick to create a debug logfile - I'd recommend doing that and seeing if the logfile explains what's happening.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
kcwebbah

Post by kcwebbah »

Thanks for the reply, trixmoto! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to figure out where this option is. I searched on the forums and even tried downloading the debug version of MM as well as the Microsoft DebugView program. I can't figure out how to create a debug logfile. Any ideas?

I forgot to mention before, the Genre List button is ghosted out. Not sure if that means anything to you either. Thanks for the help!