Advanced Report 6.4 - Updated 24/06/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Re: Advanced Report 5.3 [MM2+3]

Post by trixmoto »

I don't think I understand. There is an artist list and an album list - which are you trying to sort by genre?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

Post by Guest »

i would like to have the "long list" sorted by genre. the list, that is now sorted by album-title.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'll added it to my list. :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
ausgang

Post by ausgang »

many thanks for sharing your work
john_ops

Post by john_ops »

Hi-

Thanks a million. I can't say any better what everyone else has said. Gracias. Merci. Wow.

So, let me describe what I'm trying to do, and you can tell me (i) it already does this, (ii) get in line, (iii) buzz off, (iv) what are you smoking?

First of all, I'm religious about one genre per album. Just the way I am. So the whole "what if there's more than one genre per album" doesn't apply to me.

Now, like a bunch of others, I want a "coffee table" reference with just albums (no tracks) grouped by Genre and then Artist. With artist, albums sorted either alpha or by year. Track list concatenated would be optional to append in some really small font size (eg, "Whole Lotta Love 06:38 / Stairway to Heaven 12:14 / Another Openin', Another Show 2:31").

This sounds similar to what you're doing, but not exactly. I have eclectic musical taste, so I browse by genre first, then artist - browsing by artist gives me seasickness - and it's my own library! :oops:

Thanks a million,
J
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks very much. Unfortunately it's not currently possible to sort by genre, but this is something that I'll look into when working on the next version. :)
FEB

Post by FEB »

It's one of my favourite scripts, this, but is there any way that the Artist list (the first page of the report) could be in multiple columns? Aesthetically it would look a lot nicer if the page was filled, rather than one long line of artists down the left hand side.

Cheers!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I've added this to my list to look at when I'm working on the next version.
sonofjon

Post by sonofjon »

Bug report (foreign languages):

Hi,

first off, awesome script! Thanks for making it available.

My problem:

Some of my albums (tagged by Musicbrainz.org Picard) have artist names and titles in foregin langages, e.g. Greek, Kyrillic. The advanced report Report script (using default settings) fails on these tracks witht he following error

Here are some example artist names that cause these problems (starting from after Zwan):

Is there a simple fix for this? Thanks.

I guess I could re-tag these few album (a majority of my tracks are in regular western fonts), but I'd like to stick to the Picard tagging if possible, since Picard generally is very consistent in its tags.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Have you ticked the "support unicode characters" option?
sonofjon

Post by sonofjon »

No, I guess I didn't look carefully enough through the options :oops: . Thanks! That fixed my problems
PartyRambo

Post by PartyRambo »

trixmoto wrote:I've added this to my list to look at when I'm working on the next version.
TM - is there a way to run the report on Selected items, rather than the whole library?
2/3 of my library is compilation albums, with ALBUM ARTIST = "Various", and I would love to be able to choose a set of tracks/albums, to have a report separate from specific Artist albums (of course, this is just ONE application of 'selecting' vs. 'all').
If not, and there's a practical way to do it, can you add it to the list?

Post by Guest »

Trix,
A question:
Is there a way that this report can load any faster. I have a library of about 17,000 tracks, so the report is about 7,700 KB., and the images folder is about 13MB. But it seems to take forever. Like 10 minutes, if it runs at all .. :-( or is there some setting I am missing?

Thanks,
Jeff
kazadharri

Post by kazadharri »

My bad forgot to log in.

/Jeff
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@PartyRambo - yes, you can use the filter option.

@kazadharri - yes, you can use the frameset option.