Advanced Report 6.4 - Updated 24/06/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Funbobby1000

Re: Advanced Report 6.4 - Updated 24/06/2014

Post by Funbobby1000 »

Hi,

totally new to Medimonkey, is there instructions anywhere on how to use this script?

Thanks
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Funbobby1000 wrote:Hi,

totally new to Medimonkey, is there instructions anywhere on how to use this script?

Thanks
Welcome!

I don't think there are any instructions, but my these might be useful. Here are a couple of posts about how to set it up.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ox#p256103
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ox#p256105

And here are my settings:

Post back with any questions! Good luck.
--
The gpzbc
AndySocial

Post by AndySocial »

Apparently I'm exceptionally dense today. After a long period of rebuilding my library from backups, I noticed that my beloved Advanced Report was not installed. Looking at my website, it looks like I haven't created a new report since 2012; it seems much more recent (or I'm very old). I attempted to install the latest version, and edited the scripts.ini file to add the required block. This has not been met with success. I've tried to install for just current user, or all users. I've tried editing the scripts.ini in the program files directory, or the version kept in roaming/mediamonkey/scripts. If I see anything at all, it is under the scripts tab - NoName. Clicking on NoName just throws an error about the roaming directory not being accessible. This is frustrating, as the directory has the usual "open to the world" permissions common to such locations.

What screamingly obvious thing am I overlooking?

AND found it - can't have leading spaces in the scripts.ini entries.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Glad you figured it out.
--
The gpzbc
AndySocial

Post by AndySocial »

gpzbc wrote:Glad you figured it out.
I work with Linux scripts at work - the idea that leading spaces matter was a mental block that I had to beat on for a while. :)
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

:D
--
The gpzbc
Bob_m_54

Post by Bob_m_54 »

AndySocial wrote:
gpzbc wrote:Glad you figured it out.
I work with Linux scripts at work - the idea that leading spaces matter was a mental block that I had to beat on for a while. :)
Yep, that and CaSe, which is one that gets me often. :lol:
ruebennase56

Post by ruebennase56 »

Hi to everyone,
I think I found some kind of a bug.

In the track mask the "OrigYear" tags shows as it should
Track mask: <Disc#>.<Track#><|><Title><|><Artist><|><|><|><OrigYear>

but in the album mask it returns only an empty bracket
Album mask: <Name> (<Artist>) [<OrigYear>]

Is that supposed to be like that and is there a workaround?

Greetings
chaos1618

Post by chaos1618 »

ruebennase56 wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:50 am Hi to everyone,
I think I found some kind of a bug.

In the track mask the "OrigYear" tags shows as it should
Track mask: <Disc#>.<Track#><|><Title><|><Artist><|><|><|><OrigYear>

but in the album mask it returns only an empty bracket
Album mask: <Name> (<Artist>) [<OrigYear>]

Is that supposed to be like that and is there a workaround?

Greetings
Album mask doesn't support OrigYear.

Here's the list of supported fileds inside each mask:

Album mask fields:
<Name><Artist><Length><Tracks><Rating><Stars><Year><Bombs><Discs><Comment><Genre>

Track mask fields:
<Track#><Artist><Title><Album><Album Artist><Genre><Year><Bitrate><BPM>
<Composer><Custom 1><Custom 2><Custom 3><Filename><Length><Rating><Stars>
<Bombs><|><Band><Channels><MusicComposer><Conductor><Copyright><Custom 4><Custom 5>
<Disc#><Grouping><Lyricist><Mood><Occasion><Publisher><Quality><Tempo><Encoder>
<Link><ArtistLink><TitleLink><Comment><MediaIcon><Date><OrigYear><Lyrics>
<StartTime><StopTime><SkipCount><TrackType>
<Series><Director><Producer><Actors><ParentalRating><EpisodeNumber><SeasonNumber>

Tooltip mask fields:
<Track#><Artist><Title><Album><Album Artist><Genre><Year><Bitrate><BPM>
<Composer><Custom 1><Custom 2><Custom 3><Filename><Length><Rating>
<Band><Channels><MusicComposer><Conductor><Copyright><Custom 4><Custom 5>
<Disc#><Grouping><Lyricist><Mood><Occasion><Publisher><Quality><Tempo><Encoder>
<Comment><Date><OrigYear><Lyrics><StartTime><StopTime><SkipCount><TrackType>
<Series><Director><Producer><Actors><ParentalRating><EpisodeNumber><SeasonNumber>

Artist mask fields:
<Name><Tracks><Albums><Authors><Conducts><Lyrics><Rating><Year><Stars><Bombs><Comment>

Hope this helps!
Last edited by chaos1618 on Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chaos1618

Post by chaos1618 »

Does anyone know where the script configuration options are stored?

I'm trying to do a clean install of this script. But every time I reinstall the script, it somehow remembers the custom fields in the masks that I had given previously. It also remembers the output directory path.

I tried the following so far:
  • Removed the entry in scripts.ini in Program Files/MediaMonkey/Scripts folder after uninstalling via Tools>Extensions>Uninstall
  • Checked the User>Roaming folder to make sure AdvancedReport.vbs is not there before I try to reinstall
I tried shutting down MM and reopening it multiple times before reinstalling the script. But for the life of me I can't figure out how it remembers my Script options.

I need this because I'm investigating what seems to be another bug. The bug is that an artist's name is getting generated in the report although there's no album linked to that artist. It seems to be some kinda cache issue.
Bob_m_54

Post by Bob_m_54 »

I know this is an old topic now, and looks like not a lot of interest lately, but I was wondering if it is possible to make the Form window smaller, and still have the buttons showing.

When the window initially opens, the buttons are partially cut off on the bottom of the screen, and If I try to resize the window, the buttons disappear completely.

Maybe it is possible to change the font size in the vbs file? But I have no experience with that.

Thanks for any help
chaos1618

Post by chaos1618 »

Bob_m_54 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:19 pm I know this is an old topic now, and looks like not a lot of interest lately, but I was wondering if it is possible to make the Form window smaller, and still have the buttons showing.

When the window initially opens, the buttons are partially cut off on the bottom of the screen, and If I try to resize the window, the buttons disappear completely.

Maybe it is possible to change the font size in the vbs file? But I have no experience with that.

Thanks for any help
Well, do not be afraid to tinker with the script yourself. If you read the .vbs file you'll find that around line 300 you have -

Code: Select all

Form.Common.SetRect 100, 100, 612, 620
Here, the width is being set as 612 px and height is set as 620 px. Feel free to change those as per your wish. Keep a backup of the .vbs file before you edit it just to be safe.
Restart MM after making the changes and see if your issue is resolved. If there's no change to the size of the form even after the edit that means you're editing the wrong .vbs file.

For me, AdvancedReport.vbs file is located at C:\Users\<YOUR USER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts
Bob_m_54

Post by Bob_m_54 »

chaos1618 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:33 am
Bob_m_54 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:19 pm I know this is an old topic now, and looks like not a lot of interest lately, but I was wondering if it is possible to make the Form window smaller, and still have the buttons showing.

Thanks for any help
Well, do not be afraid to tinker with the script yourself. If you read the .vbs file you'll find that around line 300 you have -

Code: Select all

Form.Common.SetRect 100, 100, 612, 620
Here, the width is being set as 612 px and height is set as 620 px. Feel free to change those as per your wish. Keep a backup of the .vbs file before you edit it just to be safe.
Restart MM after making the changes and see if your issue is resolved. If there's no change to the size of the form even after the edit that means you're editing the wrong .vbs file.

For me, AdvancedReport.vbs file is located at C:\Users\<YOUR USER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts
Thanks for your reply, I'll give it a go and see what happens :) .
Can you tell me what the "100, 100" represents?
chaos1618

Post by chaos1618 »

Bob_m_54 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:23 pm Thanks for your reply, I'll give it a go and see what happens :) .
Can you tell me what the "100, 100" represents?
I'm not sure. I imagine those are coordinates of the form box - either centre of the box or one of the corners of the box. Feel free to tinker with them as well.
Bob_m_54

Post by Bob_m_54 »

HI, just an update on the window too big problem I had. I reduced the height of the box as per @chaos1618's directions, and it now fits in, so that the lower button are now visible. Thanks very much for the advice.