Advanced Report 6.4 - Updated 24/06/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Stigg

Re: Advanced Report 6.4 - Updated 24/06/2014

Post by Stigg »

Is it possible to make an MHT report?
P0wderKeg

Post by P0wderKeg »

Is there a chance to make it so there is a header separating albums of an artist to the albums that the artist is on like a soundtrack for example?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Not entirely straight forward, but I've added it to my list to take a look at in the next version.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

I have just installed this and can not find it anywhere in the menus. I have looked through every menu and every branch shown but there is not 'advanced report'. I have checked tools/extensions and it is happily listed.
Sure I am missing it somewhere .. but put me out of my misery please .. where should this be found?
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
kopo

Post by kopo »

Not sure what caused it, but the ini entry was missing after install. Enter the following to scripts.ini:

Code: Select all

[AdvancedReport]
FileName=AdvancedReport.vbs
ProcName=AdvancedReport
Order=22
DisplayName=Advanced Report
Description=Advanced Report
Language=VBScript
ScriptType=1
Advanced Report will then be available at Files > Create Reports (where intended).
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Thanks man .. I really hoped I wasn't going insane <G>. Glad to see in this case i'm not
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yeah, this particular script seems to do that a lot. I can't work out why, even after rebuilding the installation package from scratch. If anyone can figure it out, I'd be really pleased! :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Bob_m_54

Post by Bob_m_54 »

trixmoto wrote:Yeah, this particular script seems to do that a lot. I can't work out why, even after rebuilding the installation package from scratch. If anyone can figure it out, I'd be really pleased! :)
I'm using Win8.2 and when I tried to install this script I got the same problem.. No menu selection for Advanced Report.
After reading a couple of the replies here I had a look at the Scripts.ini and found no entry for the script. I edited the ini file as Kopo suggested, but still no good. Actually I had to make a copy of the file in my documents folder, edit it and then replace the ini file in MM scripts folder.

I then did a search for the AdvancedReport.vbs file and found it buried in the program data folder, in the MM entry in there. I moved the vbs file to the Program Files(x86)/MediaMonkey/scripts folder, and now it works. :D

Great script by the way trix, now I have a HTML on my mobile phone so that when I go to garage sales I can easily check to see if I already have the album before I buy it.
I'm stoked. Thanks very much
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Great, I'm glad you managed to get it installed in the end, and that you've found it useful.
Bob_m_54

Post by Bob_m_54 »

trixmoto wrote:Great, I'm glad you managed to get it installed in the end, and that you've found it useful.
Thanks again trix, sent you a PM
nsf

Re: Advanced Report 6.4 - missing

Post by nsf »

I am new to MediaMonkey, new to this forum and forums in general, and hope that I correctly can ask my question.
I'm running Windows 7 Enterprise on a WD server and a Dell XP5.
After reading all the recent posts on Advanced Reports being missing, I followed all the suggestions that I could, including finding the .vbs file under \appdata\roaming\mediamonkey\scripts and moving it to the program file under scripts. Still, I do not find any Advanced Report selection under any tab.
All that I want to do is produce a list of albums loaded into MediaMonkey. Because all my material is classical, there are intentional duplicate titles, and I want to make certain that I did load the duplicates.
Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.
nsf
Bill

Advanced Report 6.4 will not install

Post by Bill »

I down load the file from Trix and open it. It appears to install OK. However, it is not shown in the "Create Reports" pull down and I cannot find a vbs file for it anywhere. I am running Windows 7 as an administrator. Thanks in advance for any help.
Bill
Last edited by Lowlander on Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
Desktop/Win7/Router: WRT 1900 ACS. LINKSYS Media Player: Sony Blu-ray DVD BDP-S5100 /MM4/AV Sound System
Bob_m_54

Re: Advanced Report 6.4 will not install

Post by Bob_m_54 »

Bill wrote:I down load the file from Trix and open it. It appears to install OK. However, it is not shown in the "Create Reports" pull down and I cannot find a vbs file for it anywhere. I am running Windows 7 as an administrator. Thanks in advance for any help.
Bill
Did you use your file browser search function to search C: drive for the AdvancedReport.vbs file? if so, and you still can't find it, I don't think the install worked.
Once you have the vbs file, you will still most likely need to edit the scripts.ini file so it will show up in the pull down menu File->Create Reports->Advanced Report.
Bob_m_54

Re: Advanced Report 6.4 - missing

Post by Bob_m_54 »

nsf wrote:I am new to MediaMonkey, new to this forum and forums in general, and hope that I correctly can ask my question.
I'm running Windows 7 Enterprise on a WD server and a Dell XP5.
After reading all the recent posts on Advanced Reports being missing, I followed all the suggestions that I could, including finding the .vbs file under \appdata\roaming\mediamonkey\scripts and moving it to the program file under scripts. Still, I do not find any Advanced Report selection under any tab.
All that I want to do is produce a list of albums loaded into MediaMonkey. Because all my material is classical, there are intentional duplicate titles, and I want to make certain that I did load the duplicates.
Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.
nsf
Did you edit the scripts.ini found in the Program Files [or Program Files (x86)]/MediaMonkey/Scripts folder?
theghostofelvis

Post by theghostofelvis »

Hello!

First of all thanks for Your great Plugins & Scripts!

Is there a way to combine the Advanced Report with the Cue Reader plugin ? I wanna make a report where all the tracks from my Flac image files/cues are in it !
This would be great if this is possible !

many thanks in advance
theghostofelvis