Advanced Report 6.4 - Updated 24/06/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Re: Advanced Report 6.3 - Updated 23/10/2012

Post by trixmoto »

I don't think it's visible within the program, but it is accessible through the API, or querying the database. There's a Debug Helper script which gives you access to this level of information in context menus. You may be able to use the RegExp script to copy the details into a custom field, but I'm not sure.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
DJ Nativus

Post by DJ Nativus »

I stated previously I had an issue with getting it to list tracks with links disabled but tracklisting set to on and was asked to provide a screen shot of my settings.

Settings: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wch1l05gsqrqv ... report.png
Resulting Report: http://djnativus.com/djnativus/report/

Please help :<
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks, I've added it to my list to investigate further.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
rsagris

Post by rsagris »

Is there a way to alter the report output so that the final report is formed so that Genre (and not Artist) is the primary index?

I want the report to be ordered by Genre => Album => Track, instead of how it's currently Artist => Album => Track.

If it isn't possible to do it from within the script interface, can someone point me to the relevant area of the VBS file that does the output processing so I can edit to give me the report I'm looking for?

I'm not familiar with VB but I'm good enough with programming that I should be able to muddle through if I had example in the script, I'm just not having much luck scanning it at the moment.

-rs
DJ Nativus

Post by DJ Nativus »

trixmoto wrote:Thanks, I've added it to my list to investigate further.
It's been about six months. Any update on this? Is there a new version?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@rsagris - it would be possible to do this, but it would be a total redesign of the script, not a simple change. When I'm next working on the script, I'll take a look and see if it's possible to add this as an option.

@DJ Nativus - unfortunately not yet, I have quite a long list and not nearly enough time to work on it, sorry.
rsagris

Post by rsagris »

trixmoto wrote:@rsagris - it would be possible to do this, but it would be a total redesign of the script, not a simple change. When I'm next working on the script, I'll take a look and see if it's possible to add this as an option.

@DJ Nativus - unfortunately not yet, I have quite a long list and not nearly enough time to work on it, sorry.
Thanks, I realize it may seem odd, but the way I've got my stuff organized is I have Genre as an alternate form of Album Artist (since I don't use Genre at all).

That way I don't have several thousand single track artists to muddle through because of all of the movie soundtracks I have.

I'll keep an eye on your thread here and look forward to good things within the next year (I know real life can slow things down.)

-rs
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

FEB wrote:The script falls over when running it when I select the 'ignore prefixes' checkbox. There's a SQL error and a 'catastrophic failure' pointing to that particular statement.
I've been unable to replicate this so far - can you tell me what your list of prefixes is?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

DJ Nativus wrote:I stated previously I had an issue with getting it to list tracks with links disabled but tracklisting set to on and was asked to provide a screen shot of my settings.
I've run the script with your settings and everything worked as I expected. If you're getting an error, can you please be more specific about what the error is? If there's no error, please can you tell me what is happening and how this differs from what you expect?
MobileLenny

Post by MobileLenny »

I am having difficulty installing Report 6.3. I am running the current version of MM Gold on a Win7 machine. During several attempts to run the mmip my user options (install as administrator/install only for this user) were each grayed out, thus not allowing it to install. I eventually tried starting MM (as administrator) before running the mmip install and now Report 6.3 claims to be successfully installed. Unfortunately I cannot find the script listed in my Tools/Scripts options.

I have had no problems installing or using other scripts. I would really like to use this one.

Will someone be kind enough to assist me?

Thanks in advance.

MobileLenny
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Reports are under File > Create Reports.

Sounds like you have done a Portable Install. For some Addons you'll need to: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... icleid=153
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

@MobileLenny - were you able to find it?
--
The gpzbc
MobileLenny

Post by MobileLenny »

No, I am still unable to locate "advanced report 6.3" in my mediamonkey. I did not do a portable install.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

MobileLenny wrote:No, I am still unable to locate "advanced report 6.3" in my mediamonkey. I did not do a portable install.
For some reason, this is a fairly common issue. You just have to manually add an entry to the Scripts.ini file. Check out this post I wrote a while back.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7855&p=338623&hilit=scripts.ini#p338623

Let me know if that works.
--
The gpzbc
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I can't figure out why this is, but it always seems to be this script! The installation package is the same as the rest of my scripts, I've checked!